Old, uncommon, or outdated training methods

HappyNooblet

Continuously clicking fishing spots on Karamja as F2P so I could collect lobsters (known then as lobbies haha) and turn them into certs.

Also, mining iron incessantly until I could get into mining guild to mine coal and turn that into certs too.

^how about that for out of date haha.

wessan.png

Cooking at karamja docks.

Then looting the fish dropped by the bot downed by a river troll.

And cooking those.

RIP.

Furthermore. Slipping and failing at CUTTING A STUPID TREE.

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

THE OLD GENERAL STORE @@@ ANYONE REMEMBER THAT

YES OMG. Camping the varrock w1 general store 6 years ago for people selling valuables to it. Best thing I saw was a dragon halberd.

Also logging on after a world hop to snatch up the mage guild and wizard arena death rune supply.

And the time I logged on to 500k worth of deaths at my feet and a mad drop trader.

This topic makes me want to go finish my 40+ all skills goal on rsc

• Like 1

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Mining coal in the mining guild as a major source of income.

Fishing for food on Karamja docks, lighting a fire, cooking it, killing lessers and then repeating the whole process.

Making 50k arrow shafts after cutting all the logs.

Training firemaking by buying willow logs from the general store.

World hopping after a system update and buying out runes from stores.

Casting fire strike on the caged lesser demon at the top of the wizards tower to train mage.

Buying rune meds for 10k and alching them for like 1k profit.

I used Curse to train from level 46 to 60 magic in RSC. You got XP only if the spell worked, and if it did, you couldn't recast it on the same target :P

WTF. How did you managed that lol. Like, where did you find all these (presumably) non aggressive targets?

Also, cutting willows in draynor and talking with people.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I used Curse to train from level 46 to 60 magic in RSC. You got XP only if the spell worked, and if it did, you couldn't recast it on the same target :P

WTF. How did you managed that lol. Like, where did you find all these (presumably) non aggressive targets?

Also, cutting willows in draynor and talking with people.

I didn't say how long it took :P

Cursed the dark wizards at the stone circle and killed them for runes so I could finish the Mage Arena, which is why I was training to 60 (also trained from 46 to 50 with Curse first to be able to wield Iban staff, lol).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Furthermore, I request old banking back.

That, of course, being when only one person could use the god damn bank at a time.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Mine coal in Barbarian village, Iron in the Al Kharid mines, then go to Falador to smelt it into steel bars (no idea why I didn't use the furnace in Al Kharid), then proceed to Varrock to smith said bars into all kinds of steel shit. Then I'd walk alllllllllllllll over RS, going to every shop and sell my stuff. For example, I'd sell steel shields at shield shops, plates at platebody shops, legs at the platelegs shop, etc. I thought I'd profit more like that. Did the same for jewelry.

Did that until like 70k and felt rich as [bleep]. Then I bought addy armor and got scammed.

I also camped in the Ice dungeon close to Rimmington shortly after Summoning was released, because I thought those gold charm rates were AMAZING. Shortly after I moved to Ankous because I thought the money I'd make there was AMAZING as well.

OH THE GOOD OLD DAYS.

EDIT: I also remember I spent one evening cutting 200 or so magic logs, then picking 200 flax, spinning it into 200 bowstrings, cutting the logs and making bows. Then I mined 200 pure ess, and then made 200 nature runes myself. And of course I alched the bows. All of that probably took me like 5 or 6 hours, for a massive 300k profit.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Furthermore, I request old banking back.

That, of course, being when only one person could use the god damn bank at a time.

And then we'd welcome the auto banking bots into rs, just to hinder actual players :P

ontopic; Picking/spinning flax for 2 weeks straight to buy my first two abyssal whips, for 3mil each :/ or years before that when I was ftp getting killed and losing my best armour at the time, full mith, while trying to save my brother's items after he foolishly ventured too near the dark mages outside varrock at Demon Slayer circle while he was making his first trip from lumby to varrock...good times..

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I also camped in the Ice dungeon close to Rimmington shortly after Summoning was released, because I thought those gold charm rates were AMAZING.

Yeah I remember thinking Ice Warriors were amazing for gold charms (dat granite crab!), but I went a step further than you - cannoned Ice Warriors in the Ice Queen's throne room lol. I thought I was being efficient! :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Oh, and the highwayman, seeing as I'm on a nostalgic note.

I remember getting killed by the highway man in RSC. Didnt understand what happened, and i lost all my gear because i didn't know how to bank.

Just started a new account (bloodkilla87) so i could get all my gear back.

Good times.

killa870yt.png

I used to drop-trade to transfer some money to a different account back in rsc and it was always a hilarious panic when a noob came towards me saying: What are you ding behind this building?

But yes, I also remember mining in the scorpion pit and walking back to the furnace in al kharid, banking and repeat

Doing the prince ali rescue quest to stop paying the 10 gp between lumby and al kharid: I thought I made an excellent deal there!

I also remember mining silver and gold in the crafting guild, and then walking back to fally furnace and crafting holy symbols to raise craft.

Buying gems at fally east bank and sometimes checking the gem trader just south of fally west bank to find some gems there.

Collecting red spider eggs on karamja, close to the lessers, to make into strength pots by the varrock apothecary, then selling it to pkers at the edge of the wild.

Fighting at 100 % fatigue so to not accidently raise a combat level.

Later on, in rs2, I used to scare some full dharok people by suddenly saying: "Flee from me", MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Those were the days, thank you for the topic.

Whenever you see someone in a skillcape, you should yell: EMOTE !!

Mining coal in Barb Village then going to Draynor to cert them.

Taking the boat from Port Sarim to Karamja, fish lobs, take the boat to Port Sarim then going to Draynor to cert them.

Finally getting high enough level to go to train at lessers by Elvarg.

Training Prayer in the wildy boneyard.

Patrik001.png

88102pbj 8a - BANNED at 108 combat 2004 - 84 Combat RSC.

Patrik001 - 72 Attack 50 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

X Patrik X - 85 Attack 75 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

Was F2P for like three years so I did a lot of fun stuff.

Did a lot of F2P PKing on my files and every time you PKed a rune scimmy bank was made. :P.

dliy5c.jpg

The W25 PKing community was very active and we always PKed together at the Hill Giants and against other worlds. (mainly W14 if anyone else remembers)

Mined a ton of ore in the Falador mines..always looked into the Mining Guild waiting for the day I could enter..or when I could finally mine that addy ore there.

Then I got upset when people one hit the iron ores with rune pickaxes, and I only had addy.. :(.

Here's one of me mining. :).

f41bt4.jpg

I also had a habit of making new files and skilling on them..Remember chopping oaks at draynor and willows and then banking them all. Here's a pic of me woodcutting on one of them. :D.

25qxl4k.jpg

Then I managed to get 60 woodcutting and I chopped around 15k yews in total. I remember each tree having 10 bots on it.

Camped at the dark wizards circle for hours collecting the runes. :) (note the awesome 2h look) Bones to bananas for HP. Lol.

I almost always waited till noobs walked up that got owned by the Level 20s and looting their st0ffs. :P.

2ih1bgi.jpg

I also camped lesser demons for quite a while. Always so excited to get a rune med. Fished lobbies at the Karamja dock when I got low. Don't mind my "pro" setup.

Kept ranging them all so the others couldn't attack one. Lol!

z61jl.jpg

Did a lot of merching in W1..Sold rune (g) armour sets for 1.2m and bought them for 1.1m. Decent money was made. :P.

Cooked lobbies in w25 (back when it was F2P) to 99 and was always amazed when the F2P clans stopped by and they were all like 120-126 combat. :o.\

Oh and someone mentioned drop-trading..I did that with all my pures. Drop traded food and potions to them. Then one day I caught a drop-trader in Al-Kharid (I believe),

and I got a saradomin kiteshield, guthix legs, and something else, I can't remember. (Total 1-2m or something) I was SOOOOOOO happy. Other person was very mad..begged me to give it back.

Then when I become member I picked and spun 10k flax for like 3M or something, I cant remember.

Might post more if I remember. Sorry for all the screenshots.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Boneyard running was so much fun! gained 30-43 pray there!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

-Every update or restart I used to rush down the magic guild and buyout deaths/bloods when the update refreshed the stock

-Used to train combat on ogres underneath the chaos druid tower with a dlong, thought 60k per hour was amazing

-Found out about the axe hut in the wildy being better combat xp so went there instead died many times to pkers

-Sat in seers bank for like a week just fletching yew longs then alching them (people were always there to sell yews/strings/nats)

-When the team capes came out i bought a bunch of them and started selling them for 50k each in random banks across rs

-Used to camp fire giants in the waterfall dungeon ranging them, hoping for a dmed which was 2.2m

More that I can't think of, man nostalgia x10

Winarr.png

Buying keys on the gt

Calling ggsgd and the whole team coming

Making worldbearers

DGingg with skinweavers...ohwait.

• Like 1

Fishing at Catherby and selling the fish to the shop. I even worldhopped when too many fish drove the price down.

Killing Hill Giants for range and pray exp.

Whenever I hit a new combat milestone (All 5, all 10 etc.) insisting on making the armor I could now use all myself.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

One of my earliest money-making memories in RS, probably under a week after joining, discovered how to make 30gp per run from putting bananas in crates and talking to the guy! That bankloot!

Wizard's Circle below Varrock, scary place but high reward, people would pay a tonne for those nature runes!

Killing cows in lumbridge, running to al karid bank and selling cow hides for 100gp each!

Making literally hundreds of thousands of air runes, then selling them all at Varrock Bank for 17-18gp each to get my first Easter lol...

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

One of my earliest money-making memories in RS, probably under a week after joining, discovered how to make 30gp per run from putting bananas in crates and talking to the guy! That bankloot!

I remember getting stuck on karamja for a couple days cuz I didn't have any gp. Then a friendly stranger told me about that.

Ran double natures for a friend, he gave me the ess and I ran from nature altar to random general store in the middle of nowhere in Karajama, un-note pure ess and run back to the altar.

Used to pick plax for the same guy (how I met him), 100k for each 1k flax. Was so unbelievably happy when I got 3k flax and he logged on.

The hours I spent killing blue drags at that cave south of Yanille. Unbelievable. Was saving up for a d med haha.

Fishing lobsters in karamja and turning them into certificates at Port Sarim. Best profit I knew back in the early RSC days. Only if I had known it was such a good profit or I would've had a bit longer attention span, I would've done it more than just to get full rune and rune 2 hander. Should've got bank full of rares back then. Now you have to grind hundreds of hours with any normal moneymaking method to get party hats or such (or even longer with the gold dupers).

On my first days I used to camp also in Varrock general store trying to find good items. Occasional gems in the midst of all the garbage made my day.

Later I started typical merchanting buying rune items behind Varrock west bank and selling them for few k's higher. Made my first million that way.

Also mining was my first 60+ skill just to get to the mining guild. That feeling to find those dozens of coal rocks for first time, after spending what felt like ages on the 4 at barbarian village..

u5zhkTY.gif

Any runecrafting that is not runespan is today outdated pretty much. I remember how I used to make the highest level runes I could, running back and forth to those altars...

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Well, let's see here....

Fishing lobsters on the karamja docks, paying people to light a fire to cook them, then running to the general store to sell them, buy as many raws and cook them too, rinse and repeat.

Chopping willows in lumbridge then sellign them to the general store. Then later training firemaking by buying them from the varrock general store.

On the topic of general stores: trying so hard to sell stuff to them only to find that the stock was full

When I first got members, decided it was a good idea to make 50k bronze arrows to train fletching. Even got the logs, bars, and feathers before membership started just so I was ready. Never made an arrow since.

Fighting hill giants and burying bones, then trying to fight the shades to get those robes only to ever get too low on health and run away.

Chopping yews BEFORE they were overrun by bots, you know, back when one other person in edgeville was one too many

People talking about home tele's and aviansies and summoning as "old" methods makes me feel old

• Like 1