Old, uncommon, or outdated training methods

HappyNooblet

Lately i've been looking into the past of rs, and i remember the times where there were people who had jobs in runescape, aka having someone get feathers for you so you could fish, and you would pay them like 100 gp for 10 feathers

Or like having someone go get bones for you for prayer, because i remember that i had someone collect bones for me and i would pay 25 gp per a bone they would get me, and i would just bury them all.

I even remember cutting loads of normal logs and fletching them into arrow shafts, mining tons of iron ore and smelting them, and making them into arrowheads, and making all of those into iron arrows.

I also remember training herblore, i would camp at barbarian village, killing unicorns so that i could make antipoisins(which i still have in my bank XD)

And so on.

I dont know a lot of old training methods or weird training methods or things done for levels and stuff from the past, you should share some with me :D

It'd be cool to see

waAhvEI.png

Slayer without a slayer helmet.

Thieving from master farmers (still done by bots but by far outdated for normal players) or knights.

Fishing sharks (see comment on thieving).

Willows over ivy.

Running from Shilo to craft nats.

Firemaking in lines.

Edit: Trading cooked fish for raw fish in Catherby bank, pretty much any world (Cooking).

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

My day consisted of: mine iron ore in varrock, home tele to lumby to smith, walk to varrock anvil, sell at general store, repeat the process.

I wasn't very smart.

LOL, that reminds me when i mined 14 copper and tin ore and i walked to the lumbridge furnace(since ht didnt exist then) and sold and the general store :L

• Like 1

waAhvEI.png

used to camp cockroach soldiers religiously for rune scim/sq drops and to get 70 combats. Stayed there past that for a bit too

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

I used to mine iron and coal then make steel bars. When I finally got members, I took it 1 step further and made them into cannonballs.

Got my first set of rune that way.

I used to mine iron and coal then make steel bars. When I finally got members, I took it 1 step further and made them into cannonballs.

Got my first set of rune that way.

This so much. Didn't get my first set of rune this way but trained mining and smithing up (making steel armor or something) until both hit 55 (I forget which was ahead) on my first account this way.

<---trained dungeoneering 1-68 purely from c1's

On a related note, not resetting at all because of not knowing about the strategy of c1ing to get through floors faster.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Asking people to light fires at Karam fishing spot so food could be cooked. Good days.

Oh, and the highwayman, seeing as I'm on a nostalgic note.

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

trading cuts for uncuts was how i used to train craft.

• Like 1

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I remember having my friend mine Iron ore while I ran it to varrock east bank, and doing that and I felt so rich. Good times, and cutting oaks in Lumby and selling to the general store.. fun times x)

• Like 1
Vos_Amo.png

- Killing hill giants southwest of Gnome Stronghold because I saw on Runehq that they dropped dragon spears

- Killing flesh crawlers for dust runes and herbs

- Getting master white knight rank so I could buy white armor sets on the cheap and sell them for massive profits (some sold for 10x what I paid) I got my first whip this way

- Camped cave horrors with my cousin

- Big net fishing on Catherby beach

Gooood times.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Making 40k running essence to the air altar on my first day of doing it. The day after, pure essence came out and when I tried to go back to run rune essence it was pretty empty. Prices or something.

A few months later paying someone 25k per hour to collect me pure essence (like 75k worth of pure essence per hour haha).

And selling herbs via anti-scam. Fun stuff, but I don't miss that headache.

Oh and the day I got members with a friend and our plan to make 100k headless arrows for mad xp and profit. I ended up making around 30k but he only made a few hundred. Later on he asked me to craft his 15k flax into bow string lol. I don't know why I did it but he gave me 800k for it I believe.

• Like 1

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

I know this isn't that old, but i guess it is pretty outdated, but i miss Aviansies. I remember when i got the 8k Kills without leaving. It's probably still my proudest achievement in RS. If i could, i'd stay there for 20k Kills now just for the heck of it, because Aviansies have always been something i loved killing. But nowadays it's overrun with bots, bars are worth shit. You spend more than you make. I am sad now.

• Like 2

YOU WANT TO TRAIN PRAYER?

BETTER HEAD TO BONEYARD

YOU WANT TO TRAIN MELEE?

BETTER FIGHT LIKE HELL FOR KARAMJA LESSERS

YOU WANT TO TRAIN MAGIC?

CAST CURSE ON THE CAGED ZAMMY MONK IN VARROCK PALACE

and just for shits and giggles

MELEE PRAYER ON APE ATOLL GORILLAS

OBBY SWORD + ZERKER NECKLACE@@@@@

• Like 4

I killed the men in the varrock pub for about a week and collected their coin drops so I could buy an adamant long sword from the sword shop across the street. I then proceeded to get lured into the wilderness and lose it; I quit for like a month after that.

• Like 1
patr1ckotg1.png

Back in RSC, Black Knight Fortress was mad hax because they had an alter in a room with 3 black knights. Once you had unlocked protection from melee, boom, easy melee stats.

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

Killing Tzhaar for their drops and suiciding in the fight caves is the most original thing I've done I think. (That fits on this list.)

Good old mining rune ess. Later moved to cutting yews, then magics.

YOU WANT TO TRAIN PRAYER?

BETTER HEAD TO BONEYARD

YOU WANT TO TRAIN MELEE?

BETTER FIGHT LIKE HELL FOR KARAMJA LESSERS

YOU WANT TO TRAIN MAGIC?

CAST CURSE ON THE CAGED ZAMMY MONK IN VARROCK PALACE

and just for shits and giggles

MELEE PRAYER ON APE ATOLL GORILLAS

OBBY SWORD + ZERKER NECKLACE@@@@@

I didn't cast curse on the zammy mage, and I never used obby sword + zerker necklace at ape atoll. Did the rest.I tried out obby sword + zerker necklace a little bit, but I had the dragon scimitar by the time I heard of it. Only thing going for that combo is you can buy it without quests, as opposed to dragon scimitar which needs a relatively difficult quest.

Here's something that feels really outdated: being somewhat self sufficient. Pre-GE days, buying/selling was harder and needed more connections. So fishing and cooking your food, making your own potions. Shops actually being useful. Cooking/fishing actually considered useful.

THE OLD GENERAL STORE @@@ ANYONE REMEMBER THAT

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I used Curse to train from level 46 to 60 magic in RSC. You got XP only if the spell worked, and if it did, you couldn't recast it on the same target :P

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

This is a great topic!

I remember making my first 1m by mining 5k iron ore, then 10k coal ore, then smelting them all in Falador, then smithing 1k Steel Platebodies in Varrock west, then selling them all to the Platebody shop in Varrock east for no less than 1k each (the first one would sell for 1200gp if the shop stock was empty< so I ended up hopping from world to world until I sold all 1k 3 at a time lol)

I also remember competing for Lessers in Karamja, and before that, Hill Giants in the Varrock dungeon.

Also, I camped at the Dark Warriors Fortress for runes pre-Runecrafting. I always got pk'ed lol!

• Like 1