Will Chaotics still be worth to get during EoC?

Leoo

I've only just started training my way up to 80 Dungeoneering/200k tokens and I was planning to obtain a Chaotic Rapier for slaying. Obviously when EoC launches to the live game I'm guessing all weaponry will change. Does anyone have any knowledge about how worthy Chaotic weapons are on EoC Beta?

Thanks in advance!

They're the best weapons for their classes.

Do they even beat vinewhip?

Based on their tiering milarky I'd assume vine whip would be equal too, if not better than rapier (since they are slash weps), not really checked it out though.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Based on their tiering milarky I'd assume vine whip would be equal too, if not better than rapier (since they are slash weps), not really checked it out though.

Not quite. Vine whip is part of the level 75 tier (While chaotics are 80), and the rapier is now exclusively a stab weapon. As Hedgehog said, chaotics are still the best weapons for their classes/styles.

Pretty sure it's still worth getting.

Not quite. Vine whip is part of the level 75 tier (While chaotics are 80), and the rapier is now exclusively a stab weapon. As Hedgehog said, chaotics are still the best weapons for their classes/styles.

oh yeah cls is slash keep getting the 2 muddled and was thinking off slayer req on vine whip doh!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

oh yeah cls is slash keep getting the 2 muddled and was thinking off slayer req on vine whip doh!

Sorry, could you please repost that in english? =T

Danny0013.png

Danny0013.png

Sorry, could you please repost that in english? =T

"Oh yeah. Cls is a slash weapon, keep getting the 2 muddled. I was thinking of the slayer req on vine whip, doh!"

He meant that he mistakenly thought vine whip was in the same tier as chaotics because he confused the Slayer level requirement with the actual attack or strength (I forget which) level requirement.

hzvjpwS.gif

Chaotics are best in class weapons for the EoC, although there are other non chaotics that are now the equivalent (Dominion gloves). So EoC won't be the update to supplant chaotics, you'll have to wait for player owned ports for that.

Asmodean <3

• 2 weeks later...

Enchanted bolts require crossbows with requirements 20 levels higher than their crossbow counterparts. The requirement is raised by 10 for tipping the bolts, and other 10 for enchanting them. Player Owned Ports are supposed to work similar to "Manage Thy Kingdom" only you have a captain get you "recipes" for gear that requires 85-90 attack,range,magic etc. Should be out in first half of 2013.

Going back to the first question: as far as firing the higher end enchanted bolts, I think Chaotic crossbow and Armadyl will be the only ones able to. I believe Dragon Crossbow can fire ruby enchanted bolts.