Let's not sell axe handles!

fluxsmith

Jagex has made axe heads fall of rediculously often. To make matters worse, they are miniscule in size. Last night I was cutting maples in Seers and some louse picked up my rune axe head before I could locate it. He then had the gall to try to buy my handle for 20K.

Rather than sell my handle to a head thieve for any price, I dropped it out of his sight, and told him I'd done so after it disappeared. If everyone would do them same, no one would have any incentive to steal axe or pick heads!

Let's have a boycott on handles!

You could have sold it to him for 20k then bought a new axe for the same price...

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

You could have sold it to him for 20k then bought a new axe for the same price...

what he said..

now he can buy a iron or even bronze axe, use it till the head flies off and get a free axe..

Semi - retired, playing WoW

Combat lvl: 103 | Total lvl: 1542

Goals: | Fletching lvl: 97/[b:05c6bf8

I was actively looking for it. They're too small, and they fly too far.

Just look at the mini map for the red dot. It will never fly off so far it goes off the mini map...

*Chopping maples by freemic(spelling?)*

*Axe head flies off screen*

*:Ouch!

Genericrsplayer333:PMG just got hit by an axe head!!!1!

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

I was actively looking for it. They're too small, and they fly too far.

Just look at the mini map for the red dot. It will never fly off so far it goes off the mini map...

*Chopping maples by freemic(spelling?)*

*Axe head flies off screen*

*:Ouch!

Genericrsplayer333:PMG just got hit by an axe head!!!1!

The axe head has never flied out of range for the minimap when i've been cutting...

Actually , be weary of this "scam" , alot of these useless axe head thieves watch where your head lands and they stand on the spot , thier white dot cancels out the red dot on the minimap making it quite hard to find your axe head. the "scam" started when people were trying to score a dragon axe the cheap way :roll:

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

Actually , be weary of this "scam" , alot of these useless axe head thieves watch where your head lands and they stand on the spot , thier white dot cancels out the red dot on the minimap making it quite hard to find your axe head. the "scam" started when people were trying to score a dragon axe the cheap way :roll:

ohh, I've never encounered this... So if you can't see the red dot, check under other players! Good advice :D

but wc is sooo boring, i rather look forums than count swings in the tree

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

This didn't start then. Back when i use to woodcut for money (before dragon axe was out) someone did this to me. I've seen it happen to others before then as well. It's nothing new at all.

ya its rough especially in draynor if someone is lighting fires. Your axed head can get lost quick. I d hate to lose my dragon one. They should put just axe heads in bobs shop in lumby even dragon axe heads but not the handles. That way you cant just buy it without buying the axe first or getting from a drop

ohh, I've never encounered this... So if you can't see the red dot, check under other players! Good advice :D

and its rather hard to spot a cyan lil shape on the floor with some1's feet around if your not actually concentracting on their feet. i know ive seen it.

It's really not that difficult. Check the minimap for red dots, if there are many of them (ex. from firemaking) then manually look for it. You have plenty of time before it appears. I've cut from ~40 woodcutting to 89 since RS2 came out and have yet to lose a single axe head. You're given plenty of chance to get it back...