Another Nail in the Coffin

Resistance

Salvage:

2 x Alexandrite (300gp)

Amethyst (120 GP)

Red Garnet (70gp)

Amber Dice (pair) inlaid with fine steel (300gp)

Box of Perfumed Candles (20 gp)

15 x fine wine bottle (10 GP)

Crowbar (2 gp)

Wedge of Cheese (8 sp)

Bag of Chalk (1 sp)

Silk Robe threaded with silver (400 gp)

Silver pocket watch (200gp)

2 x pavilion tent (100gp, 300 lb)

Gear:

Potion of CLW * 3

masterwork guisarme * 4

Scroll of fly (2)

Wand of magic missile (38 charges) (Cursed: intermittent screams, -15 stealth while owned)

Wand of shocking grasp (9 charges)

Wand of CLW (19 charges) (cursed: only works in direct sunlight)

Tanglefoot bags (3)

Masterwork Half-Plate

Half Plate * 2

Masterwork Full Plate

Selected Loot: (anything of interest)

Gold Framed Painting of a lady - 2,000 - 8,000 GP (10 lbs)

Unidentified magic sphere

[spoiler=Chariot]Large land vehicle

Squares 8 (10 ft. by 20 ft.; 5 feet high);

DEFENSE

AC 14; Hardness 40

hp 200

Base Save +5

OFFENSE

Maximum Speed twice the speed of the pulling creature(s); Acceleration half the speed of the pulling creature(s)

CMB +5; CMD 24

Ramming Damage 2d8

DESCRIPTION

Propulsion muscle (pulled; 4 Medium creatures or 1 Large creatures)

Driving Check Handle Animal or Profession (driver) (in the case of creatures with animal intelligence pulling the vehicle), Diplomacy or Intimidate (in the case of intelligent creatures)

Forward Facing toward the creatures pulling the vehicle

Driving Device reins

Driving Space the two most forward squares of the chariot

Decks 1

It costs 100 gp in alchemical reagents to fuel 1 hour of activity without propulsion, the speed is 120 ft.

Significantly larger than a standard carriage and emblazoned with ornate swirling patterns. The sides of the carriage feature jutting out teal shields featuring the winged-eye of Absalom; a herald that in recent years has been replaced with the black gauntlet of the imperator which had been adopted three years after the start of the Adler-Liburg wars.

The chariot is pulled by four heavy horses.

qTLQRuS.png

What did I miss?

Xc0jr.png

There was a fairly minor encounter in the shrine where the party killed a fanatic cleric of the Great Old Ones. Earth and Mather ambushed a guard relaxing in the temporary dorms and Retech was ambushed by a low-level evoker. The party then headed up into the office which overlooked the mining operation - two people were conversing, the overseer and his benefactor. The benefactor's brass beast body guard, upon seeing Mather storm into the office attempting an intimidate tackled the benefactor and ran around the pit towards a chariot. The benefactor was quickly caught up with by Mather and Retech while Earth trudged along slowly and then searched the office. Mather and Retech began interrogating the benefactor until Retech decided to simply execute the benefactor (who was in Mather's hands) which annoyed Mather because the benefactor was a consul of Absalom and offered money if he were let free.

Anyway, Mather decided to fly off to look for a nearby town while the rest of the party is going to Mendev. Leaving for fear of the powerful wizard returning from his fishing holiday in the astral sea and general apathy towards the evil artefact.

qTLQRuS.png

2 x Alexandrite (300gp)

Amethyst (120 GP)

Red Garnet (70gp)

Amber Dice (pair) inlaid with fine steel (300gp)

Box of Perfumed Candles (20 gp)

15 x fine wine bottle (10 GP)

Crowbar (2gp)

Bag of Chalk (1 sp)

Silk Robe threaded with silver (400 gp)

Potion of CLW

masterwork guisarme

Gold Framed Painting of a lady - 2,000 - 8,000 GP (10 lbs)

Masterwork full plate

What I'm carrying.

Also you forgot some of the guards' loot, including a masterwork full plate armor and the two tents that I gave to Archi.

Additionally there's the (soon to be ex-)corpse of the consul which I am currently trying to bring to someone who can raise dead.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I seem to recall Earth getting the wine. And don't you think that's a bit much to be carrying around?

Ah, that aside, what about the bust I pried from the wall, Neferast?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I seem to recall Earth getting the wine. And don't you think that's a bit much to be carrying around?

Ah, that aside, what about the bust I pried from the wall, Neferast?

Mather is right on this one, initially Mather found the collection of wine being kept in the caves for storage and took it. Earth found a single bottle of fine wine in the kitchenette. It's obviously quite heavy so that will need to be calculated before the assumption that Mather has ran off with all the heavy treasure.

It's 150 lbs. but can be sold as a fine art piece ranging from 3,000 GP - 4,000 GP, it's also unnervingly realistic, you get the feeling that you're being watched.

qTLQRuS.png

It was just enough to bring me up to the max for light encumbrance, so with the stuff I looted from the one guy and the consul, I'm at medium encumbrance.

On another note, I'd like to discuss the possibility of a custom magic item that boosts either flying or all speed, a cape enchanted with Force Punch would be the most reasonable for that. Res suggests having it cost 6k, as would be the price of an item enchanted with that spell, and having it boost +5ft/round². I'd prefer a version that uses a multiplier, and has a price along the lines of (Multiplier-1)*10k, so that double speed costs 10k, triple speed costs 20k, quadruple speed costs 30k...

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Doesn't work that way

Get Boots of Striding and Springing or whatever they are.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

So you're saying that for example by enchanting a firearm with Mending, it wouldn't make it less prone to breaking?

EDIT:

Then how about letting me enchant a pair of boots with Thrice Expeditious Retreat? Essentially the same thing as Expeditious Retreat but thrice the bonus for the price to the power of three?

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

PC to PC mind control shouldn't be removed, obviously it should be used in excess but as with all things it's based on rule of thumb. If PKing occurs I don't want my only good save or die removed.

I'm up for attempting to break the Cheliaxian choke point into the Arcadian Sea.

qTLQRuS.png

PC-to-PC mind control is banned that much we've already agreed on. If you want not to die, then make yourself able to either flee or fight back properly.

1.) Nothing was agreed, it was barely brought up.

2.) Not a good enough reason to ban something because you don't think it's fair. Spellcasters don't fight fair, get used to it. If PC-to-PC mind control is banned justifiability then I'm going to need a replacement save or die of equal level: http://www.d20pfsrd..../flesh-to-stone.

qTLQRuS.png

It's not unfair, it's gamebreaking. Unfair is how a fighter class can maul a Bard at no risk, gamebreaking is how a spellcaster can force a fighter to maul the party and then kill himself.

Yes, spellcasters can be OP; they make up for it with low AC and HP - welcome to D&D. Magic Jar is balanced because while a wizard attacks his body is helpless - that's why they're called glass cannons.

qTLQRuS.png

I propose we call a vote... Everyone was against it when it was brought up, and then it wasn't brought up any more because we thought no one would do it...

Spellcasters, of course, are squishy [bleep]es who don't play fair. They're entitled to that by the unwise tendencies of 3.5 and Pathfinder's creators. If you are deprived of one ghost ability, Resistance, you will be free to choose another from the standard Special Attacks list provided by the Ghost template.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

It's more about the fact that it's my only will-based save or die spell, mechanically there's no difference between turning a person into a squirrel permanently or having themselves compelled to throw themselves in a river - Mather assumes that killing people with create water is a viable way to kill people, he certainly doesn't understand the mechanics. I won't be taking the ghost ability (instead taking frightener) because of it's range restriction but the actual spell should not be restricted on account of it being unfair.

Although I take objection to long-term godmodding of a character (through indefinite geasing), something mechanically equivalent to baleful polymorph just shouldn't logically be banned.

qTLQRuS.png

I assume that it is a viable way to kill enemies I otherwise have no way to kill. Dropping water on them is only going to work against creatures of the fire subtype. However if they're in an enclosed area and I have the ability to claim higher ground with my flight, flooding that area is a viable way to leave them exposed. And if they for some reason are prevented from swimming more than a certain distance upwards, drowning them is entirely feasible.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I assume that it is a viable way to kill enemies I otherwise have no way to kill. Dropping water on them is only going to work against creatures of the fire subtype. However if they're in an enclosed area and I have the ability to claim higher ground with my flight, flooding that area is a viable way to leave them exposed. And if they for some reason are prevented from swimming more than a certain distance upwards, drowning them is entirely feasible.

Point proven.

Creatures with the fire subtype only have a weakness to cold. The water produced by create water isn't cold, room temperature I assume.

You can create 8 gallons of water at this level, this means it would take 93 turns to fill up a 5x5x5 metre room - assuming that it's watertight (not many rooms have watertight doors) then you would have to wait 20+ rounds for this enemy to drown.

qTLQRuS.png

Depends on what we're fighting. If it's some sort of gargantuan juggernaut, then we have no way of fighting it except by wasting several hundred GPs worth of ranged ammo, and in that case drowning it would be a very clever solution to the problem.

EDIT:

Rebuilding my Goblin Firebomber/Gunslinger according to these rules:

In a single round he can deal 4 attacks with his shotgun using Dragon's Breath alchemical cartridges, each of the two barrels of which deal 1d4+2d6+12 damage. Adding up to a minimum of 14 damage per barrel or 112 total damage should the enemy succeed on a reflex roll. At most he can deal 28 damage per barrel for a total of 224 damage.

The shotgun is Reliable and hence has a misfire value of 0, it skips the attack roll and is guaranteed to hit every target within a 20ft cone.

He also has an initiative of +12, AC of 25 (Touch:23, Flat-Footed:17), Fort of 9, Reflex of 16, Will of 5 and CMD of 24.

All in all he's one mean little bugger, one who can roast a room full of creatures with twice his CR. Or with good rolls a room full of endgame level creatures with fire vulnerability, such as wendigos.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Question: How are you reloading as a free action?

Related: What is your backstory?

Related: Gargantuan Giant has high str score, so could probably swim

Related: The gun needs to be +1 Reliable (so cost of +2 enchantment) and the shotgun itself costs 7000 gp, so the total would cost 15,300 (7000 + 8000 for enhancement + 300 for masterwork)

Related: Shotguns have misfire value of 1-2. You have reliable, so that makes it just 1, but in addition to that, you are using alchemical cartridges, the misfire goes back to 1-2. Also, the dragon breath cartridges also cause a misfire in the event that you roll a 1 on either of the two damage dice (So there is roughly 1/3rd change each time).

Related: No where does it say that it skips the attack roll. It follows scatter weapon rules, which you should probably read.

Neat thing is fire resistance and immunity is the most common type.

On the plus side, you have no connection to the guy that I killed, so. :D

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

It reloads as a free action because that's how alchemical cardridges work, they reduce the reload time

Question: How are you reloading as a free action?

Alchemical cartridges make loading a firearm easier, reducing the time to load a firearm by one step (a full-round action becomes a standard action, a standard action becomes a move action, and a move action becomes a free action)

Related: What is your backstory?

Not actually playing as this character, at least not yet.

Related: Gargantuan Giant has high str score, so could probably swim

They still can't swim further than they are physically capable of moving, so if they're chained down or have a partial roof over them, it would force them to stay underwater.

Related: The gun needs to be +1 Reliable (so cost of +2 enchantment) and the shotgun itself costs 7000 gp, so the total would cost 15,300 (7000 + 8000 for enhancement + 300 for masterwork)

And we've got 16,000 gp staring money.

Related: Shotguns have misfire value of 1-2. You have reliable, so that makes it just 1, but in addition to that, you are using alchemical cartridges, the misfire goes back to 1-2. Also, the dragon breath cartridges also cause a misfire in the event that you roll a 1 on either of the two damage dice (So there is roughly 1/3rd change each time).

Nowhere does it state that Dragon's Breath cartridges are exempt from Reliable, so we are therefore to regard it as still in effect, thus negating the possibility of the cartridges misfiring.

Related: No where does it say that it skips the attack roll. It follows scatter weapon rules, which you should probably read.

Because this ammunition forces a saving throw instead of making an attack roll, the misfire rules are slightly different. If you roll a 1 with either of the damage dice, the firearm misfires.

Neat thing is fire resistance and immunity is the most common type.

Among demons, devils and draconic creatures, yes. Not so much among others.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1