Another Nail in the Coffin

Resistance

If you chain them down, that means the battle is already won.

And yes, what I meant was that alchemical cartridges increase misfire rate. And reliable only brings it down by 1. It doesn't even apply to the dragon breath cartridges because it has its own special misfire rules (and so are unaffected by reliable in the first place). Misfiring on 1s on damage rolls is not the same as having a misfire of 1, so if your only purpose is to use dragon breath cartridges, then there is no point.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Unless you know if you're fighting the battle with the intent to kill or get past them, in which case chaining them down offers no other benefit than to prevent them from following should you retreat.

Also I can't find anywhere that states that Dragon's Breath cartridges are incompatible with the Reliable enchantment. Rather the closest thing I have come to any indicator is the Reliable description on Paizo's own guide, which states that Reliable is accounted for after anything that might increase the misfire rate, which in this case would mean 1 on either d6 -> 0 on either d6. Though if you really find that to be an issue, the Reliable can always be replaced by a Slate Spider, which outright states "If commanded to do so as a free action, it perches on the muzzle of a one-handed or two-handed firearm barrel and, after the firearm is fired, travels down the barrel and cleans out the firearm. Each time the slate spider cleans a firearm, the next shot the firearm fires has no chance of misfiring.", so it would not just lower the misfire rate to something it is impossible to get, but rather negate misfiring completely.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Yes, slate spider actually works.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

At level 11, since most of the party have taken the half-celestial template the others will have to gain another template of CR+1.

We have not yet decided on a campaign name. I would like to change the title of the thread. Would somebody please offer some suggestions.

These are the templates I am considering taking.

Divine Guardian CR+1

Dream Creature CR+1

Dream creature changes: removal of +2 bonus to illusions, removal of -2 weakness to sleep. Change of sleep song to be a standard save rather than one based off a skill check (which I agree is overpowered)

I've just realised that I have forgotten to give XP for the first session, I've made a party total based on the encounters. 2800 XP

qTLQRuS.png

I will make a change then, since I thought half-celestial would be it.

At level 11, since most of the party have taken the half-celestial template the others will have to gain another template of CR+1.

We have not yet decided on a campaign name. I would like to change the title of the thread. Would somebody please offer some suggestions.

Divine Guardian CR+1

Dream Creature CR+1

Dream creature changes: removal of +2 bonus to illusions, removal of -2 weakness to sleep. Change of sleep song to be a standard save rather than one based off a skill check (which I agree is overpowered)

I've just realised that I have forgotten to give XP for the first session, I've made a party total based on the encounters. 2800 XP

Dream Creature is 3rd party, and thus irrevocably prohibited.

Why can't anyone take Half-Celestial?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Divine Guardian CR+1

Dream Creature CR+1

Third party is allowed on a case-by-case basis. This template is both weaker and better fitting to the campaign than the ghost.

People can take half-celestial, however at level 11 the template will change to +3 which opens the question of whether people should sacrifice a level for the template or everybody else gain another free template.

I prefer the first option, adding more templates might make the campaign a little bit too high-powered, although it is fairly high-powered already.

Edit: I would go Lycanthorpe but the -2 CHA is a total killer, any chance of switching that with INT? It would still be weaker than the ghost.

qTLQRuS.png

I don't suppose it's too late to completely drop templates and restrict everyone to core/featured/uncommon races? I think this is the point where we've gone overboard and are just min-maxing for the sake of it. I'm having trouble finding enemies that can even damage some of you guys, let alone challenge you.

I don't suppose it's too late to completely drop templates and restrict everyone to core/featured/uncommon races? I think this is the point where we've gone overboard and are just min-maxing for the sake of it. I'm having trouble finding enemies that can even damage some of you guys, let alone challenge you.

I agree with this.

Part of the fun of these games is actually levelling into a powerful character rather than starting off as a nigh-demigod with DR and a fly speed.

qTLQRuS.png

Divine Guardian CR+1

Dream Creature CR+1

Third party is allowed on a case-by-case basis. This template is both weaker and better fitting to the campaign than the ghost.

People can take half-celestial, however at level 11 the template will change to +3 which opens the question of whether people should sacrifice a level for the template or everybody else gain another free template.

I prefer the first option, adding more templates might make the campaign a little bit too high-powered, although it is fairly high-powered already.

Edit: I would go Lycanthorpe but the -2 CHA is a total killer, any chance of switching that with INT? It would still be weaker than the ghost.

3rd party isn't allowed, has never been allowed, and will never be allowed. Exception being Psionics in one of Retech's campaigns, but no one used that because 3rd party is a bad idea. Give a munchkin an inch and they'll take an ell, as they say.

I do think this campaign is a bit high-power. Templates aren't made to mesh with player characters, and they sorta don't.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Do you reckon that it's worth creating a poll for templates?

Edit: created one

Edit2: If nobody has any comment about Half-Celestial then it's just going to default to losing a level, and by that level you will suffer in your lack of boons and contacts.

qTLQRuS.png

I am not especially enthralled with getting rid of templates, as it would require yet another round of rebuilding. If you mean no free templates (and can go templates in the original way), then I have no problem with that.

[spoiler=WIP]

Name:

Class: Master Summoner:

Race: Changeling (fine size)

Alignment: CG

STR: 6 (-2)

DEX: 47 (+18)

CON: 15 (+2)

INT: 24 (+7)

WIS: 26 (+8)

CHA: 36 (+13)

Initiative: 22

AC: 44

Touch AC: 12

Fort Save: +4

Ref Save: +20

Will Save: +13

Feats:

Improved Initiative

Augment Summoning

Toughness

Hover

(1 more)

Optimisation escalation so I can keep up with Retech.

qTLQRuS.png

Fascinating. So the plan is, because I asked that you don't use young/advanced to pump your charisma score, you are therefore going to use it anyways so I can't enforce anything.

No, you said that if I play a small character you will attack me because I'd be stealing your thunder. I had hoped there wasn't going to be PvP but since you have already began threatening it, I would rather be able to defend myself instead of giving into your blackmail and essentially becoming your [bleep]. Blackmail never ends.

I would of course prefer just toning down optimisation to a reasonable level.

qTLQRuS.png

Well, it would be easier just to end templates completely.

The issue isn't wholly templates, it is that you have optimised far more than the rest of the group - with saves in their fourties. If templates would fix that then I would support getting rid of theme but I think a lot of your extremely high saves have come from playing a tiny character.

qTLQRuS.png

They actually came from templates to balance out the CR from playing a "monstrous" character. They are closer to the 10 range now, and I figured out how to make it work (the tiny character) without them, so it ended up okay.

Could people post how they ended the last session? Res says that the party's split and I'd like to know who's going where.

Mather has headed North, assuming that he is travelling about 25 miles an hour (240ft fly speed) and depending on how many hours he wants to travel he (I would assume eight, as that's a day) he will have headed a little north of Ioboria - likely it would be a little colder there. Mather will have lost his fly speed now. I think it would be fair to allow Mather to join up with the party again if he wants to.

The rest of the party has decided to head to the paladins in Mendev, taking the most direct route from where they are in Ioboria to Mendev is 1200 miles, and that will still put them in the wilderness, they would need to travel another 100 to reach the capital. Of course this is the most direct route, assuming that you were to walk right through Brevoy in a straight line so you might want to save arriving in Mendev for a few sessions. It would take 400 hours to walk there (assuming 30ft speed) therefore 133 days assuming that we would walk 8 hours a day and not accounting for rest and such.

There is the lake of mists and wells but considering we are starting in Eastern Ioboria it will only partially cut the time of our trip. We could either a cheesy time-skip or a session or two of accelerated hitch-hiking with a few adventures on the way, or we could stay in Ioboria and fight barbarians :P.

qTLQRuS.png

Do you still have the fly speed without the templates?

No, but I should still have it until the beginning of the next session, seeing as modifying it in the middle of my action there would be akin to a moderator abusing the kill function in the game console on a server.

But how is this going to affect our skill points? Are we going to have to decide upon which skill points to get rid of in order to retroactively remove it, or do we just lose all current bonuses from it.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1