Another Nail in the Coffin

Resistance

Why, Nex?

Robotics.

Principals.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The city should not be based on guesswork. I will send the kingmaker pdf over to you on Steam. Since the campaign is not kingmaker the XP gain from cities won't exist.

Withdrawals should also not be allowed in a non-kingmaker campaign - Retech says that he doesn't want to make money off the city so that should be fine.

qTLQRuS.png

Everything is based on solid math and lore, I'm not sure where you are getting that it is based on guesswork.

Since you are withdrawing as a player and not GMing every time, if you don't want to deal with the city, then we can just put the city in stasis during your GMing sessions.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Yes, Pathfinder has rules. Kingmaker also has rules, but as you said, this is a non-Kingmaker game.

It would be easier just to talk on steam.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Yes, Pathfinder has rules. Kingmaker also has rules, but as you said, this is a non-Kingmaker game. smile.png

Then a city should not be allowed. Mechanically it's the same as having a massive leadership score or a wealth-factory.

qTLQRuS.png

Actually, I change my mind, kingmaker rules seem fine.

Actually, I change my mind, kingmaker rules seem fine.

With BR, Withdrawals and XP removed.

I don't see any reference to XP, but I am just converting the city now.

Do you have the pdf? I think the website I've been using is missing some stuff.

Well you're alone in having that opinion.

Mather, be quiet. You don't understand the mechanics or the implications. Pathfinder was not intended as a nation simulator, and even with Kingmaker (which was intended for use as a campaign where multiple players take on countries, which is why they're so cheap) it's a massive unbalance mechanically equivalent to having the leadership feat six times at level seven with a charisma score of 46.

Most DM's ban leadership itself, this is innumerably worse. Don't offer your input if you don't know what you're talking about.

Do you have the pdf? I think the website I've been using is missing some stuff.

Sure, but I can't get on steam at the moment. I will send it to you when I can.

qTLQRuS.png

PM?

Session tomorrow 7:00 PM irc.tip.it #Regents

Just reposting so it comes up as unread to people. Also, session may start at 8 PM GMT since most people seem to find that more convenient.

Next session's plot will sound like a copout but it really isn't.

-

More loot than I expected so I might have to go easier.

Unidentified Magical Ring

Masterwork Guisarme x3

Diary

Blue Goggles

Adamantine Vicious Great-sword x2

Potion of CLW x2

Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds x1

Wand of Invisibility (28 charges)

4,000 GP in misc.

XP: 9800

Everybody level up!

Next session will be a continuation of the boss-fight/escape-scene. Since we're levelling up I am going to assume that it's a new day where everybody has healed.

People who didn't enter Lynch's office at the time will start close to the office.

fbrEkVO.png

1.) Lobby

2.) Clerks Desk (shotgun held under desk)

3.) Waiting room, four peasants sitting on desks. You see a rich man being ushered along the corridor into room 9

4.) Kitchen, serves most foods at standard price x2

5.) Corridor to the outside of the building where food is delivered, there are assorted crates and salted meat lying around.

6.) Another lobby. Significantly nicer than the lobby in 3, there is a basket of fruits in the centre and a moustached servant standing holding a towel.

7.) searched by guard. Door is iron and locked behind as you enter, there is a two-step identification system where the people have been confirmed as searched and okay. all weapons are confiscated.

8.) The room is adorned with statues, they awake if triggered by a shout from upstairs. There is servant standing guard with a shotgun and white gloves. White gloves are contact poisoned with tears of death poison

9.) Room with pictures, on closer observation the pictures seem quite expensive.

10.) Office with clerk inside. Clerk is wearing blue-lensed glasses and reading a file. There are two filing cabinets.

11.) Filing room, also rigged with explosive runes.

12.) Stairs to 1 in the first floor

13.) Office Building, will press a button to signal unaccompanied groups.

14.) Door opens outwards - the room is covered in paint.

15.) Painters room, copy and paste application.

16.) Painters room, copy and paste application.

17.) There is a painter standing still, painting what looks like a man.

18.) Office, clerk with blue-tinted glasses reading through files.

19.) As above

20.) various food supplies for the journey through the tunnels to Galt

21.) Storage room holding dried foods for the trip through the mines, salted meats and other misc stuff. Also rucksacks and other survival kit.

22.) Empty room.

23.) Guard room

24.) Entrance to the tunnels

First Floor:

1.) Stairs from room 12

2.) Room filled with maps for expanding the Brevoy exit routes. Resembles a war room.

3.) Room dealing with direct marketing, lists of rich people and offers of wealth transferal in return for equal wealth all over the world.

4.) Office of Mr. Cunningham, and his Valet - Molony. Players are taken there for investigation if caught.

5.) Painters room

6.) Painters room

7.) R&D on copy/paste with 3 wax golems locked up.

8.) Painters Kitchenette

9.) R&D general

10.) Guard room, the guard is sleeping until awakened by lack of stealth.

11.) Clerks office

12.) Filing cabinets

13.) Toilet

14.) Lynch's private operation guard. Will ask for identification.

15.) Toilet

16.) Lynch's office. Deals with richer people and securing their nobility in other areas.

17.) Alternative path manager, secures the safer paths.

18.) Treasurer

19.) Receptionist.

qTLQRuS.png

Any chance I can change my Barbarian levels to something else? The Rage Prophet prestige class that Retech suggested to me turns out to be completely useless and the Rage stuff is pointless at best to a spellcaster.

Should be fine, Retech has changed since last session.

Edit: despite that I would like to enforce that characters are kept the same from now on - normally changing around skills and feats aren't allowed so when I get around to it I will update the OP with the character sheets.

qTLQRuS.png

Swapped the Barbarian levels to make me a pure Oracle and made changes to my ability scores to accommodate for that. Suddenly my spell list seems a little OP (for instance a touch attack that leaves a permanent curse that drains 6 ability levels, gives a -4 penalty on all attack, save and skill checks or forces the character to flip a coin to do anything that round, also I can cast that spell up to 5 times per day).

Link is still the same: https://dl.dropbox.c...254/Serén.xlsm

EDIT:

¹It seems I stumbled upon a bug in the sheet.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Welcome to being an actual spellcaster. :)

Skill at Arms, a revelation for the Metal mystery. It grants me proficiency with all martial weapons and heavy armor. I've also got the Armor Mastery and Dance of the Blades revelations, so I'm pretty much set in terms of melee effectiveness, despite being a spellcaster.

Also Keen Blade (give greatsword Keen, increasing the threat range to 17-20), Lead Blades (increase all weapon's damage to that of the equivalent weapon of a one step larger size) and Bull's Strength (+4 strength bonus) means my sword deals 3d6+7 damage by itself, with crits every 5th attack on average in addition to 2d6 damage for the Vicious enchantment and +6 for a Power Attack. In other words an average of 38,5 damage.

Alternatively I can do the same with my scimitar and get 1d8+13+2d6 at threat range 15-20, getting crits every 4th turn for 24 damage and 0,5 fire damage on average each turn if we ever face a monster weak to fire. Or 2d6+4+2, 12,51 damage with my gauntlets during a grapple, which is equivalent to what I get with an unaltered greatsword if not for the lower threat range.

Anyways, to open my sheet, just open it in Excel and wait for a while, it's a huge calculator, so it takes some time for the computer to open all of it.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Leadership is banned, right?