Poll #1 now live

Bouwzie

Hiya,

The first poll is now live. If you've got a skill total level of 100+ in OldScape, you canlog in and vote now.

We'll be developing the features that get 75% support in the poll. They may come out over a period of weeks, depending on how long they take to develop, so your patience is appreciated as always blk.gif

We intend to keep running polls like this periodically, so if your request hasn't made it into this poll, keep posting and we'll consider it for a future poll. Please let us know your thoughts about the polling process too; for example, would you like future polls to have an "abstain" option?

Cheers,

Mod Ash

What do you guys think? For me it just seems like the start of easyscape...

2j3qh46.jpg

The Easter 2007 event is re-activated for Easter this year.

‘Unidentified herbs’ are changed to become ‘grimy <herbname>’.

A command is added to toggle the visibility of roofs on and off.

On the log-in screen, pressing the 'enter' key initiates the log-in attempt.

Pressing the 'tab' key starts a reply to your last incoming private message.

Right-click on a private message to start replying to it.

Worlds are made available so PKers can fight with free-to-play gear limits. (NB: membership is still required)

Your run-mode setting is remembered across log-ins.

Left-click on bank booths for direct access to your bank.

2j3qh46.jpg

I can't believe there's actually any NO votes for the roof removal one.

I think some people are just voting no across the board because they have that "NO CHANGE LEAVE SAME 07 FTW" attitude (even though we could remove roofs back then....)

• Like 1

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Only one with any potential for negative effects is free worlds, it's just servers that could be better used as p2p worlds.

"Easyscape" is such a stupid saying and isn't even being used for it's true purpose here.

Things being made more convenient is good (IE right click message to pm).

Things being made unbalanced to the players' favour (IE soulsplit) is bad for the game.

edit: Wow unid's has a 50/50 vote, why do so many people favour misinformation? It doesn't even change anything as there are tricks to finding out what herbs they are before buying, something anyone dealing in significant quantities is going to do.

• Like 1

CNqWHdA.jpg

Only one with any potential for negative effects is free worlds, it's just servers that could be better used as p2p worlds.

"Easyscape" is such a stupid saying and isn't even being used for it's true purpose here.

Things being made unbalanced to the players' favour (IE soulsplit) is bad for the game.

I doubt it will stop here, everybody will want to have it easier. That's what happened the past few years and because that happened, people wanted 2007 back. But sure, let's go back to making everything easier... Make-x for everything next?

2j3qh46.jpg

I voted no for all of them. Don't waste RuneScape's dev time on this crap, please.

....................................................You do realize they have a completely separate development team for this right?

• Like 1

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

edit: Wow unid's has a 50/50 vote, why do so many people favour misinformation? It doesn't even change anything as there are tricks to finding out what herbs they are before buying, something anyone dealing in significant quantities is going to do.

They don't want the uninformed masses to know the difference though. Unids were a huge merchanting item before they were changed to grimy.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Hiya,

The first poll is now live. If you've got a skill total level of 100+ in OldScape, you canlog in and vote now.

We'll be developing the features that get 75% support in the poll. They may come out over a period of weeks, depending on how long they take to develop, so your patience is appreciated as always blk.gif

We intend to keep running polls like this periodically, so if your request hasn't made it into this poll, keep posting and we'll consider it for a future poll. Please let us know your thoughts about the polling process too; for example, would you like future polls to have an "abstain" option?

Cheers,

Mod Ash

How are these things 'the start of easyscape'? Sure, things like one-click banking do make it a little bit easier, but I don't see how anything else would affect the game in a negative way, apart from grimies.

canifis.png

Hiya,

Cheers,

Mod Ash

How are these things 'the start of easyscape'? Sure, things like one-click banking do make it a little bit easier, but I don't see how anything else would affect the game in a negative way, apart from grimies.

As I said, people only want things to be made easier these days. If they have to click twice it's already too much for them. We survived years and years with a two click system. I can see this being the start of everything becoming easier..

• Like 1

2j3qh46.jpg

They don't want the uninformed masses to know the difference though. Unids were a huge merchanting item before they were changed to grimy.

Ughhh i remember it well.

"No that probably isn't even rannar it's guam you robbing me i not trade u" What do you even say to that? Thanks for wasting my time. Please move along a line is forming to waste my time with similar stupidity.

It's the only reason I trained herblore pre-overloads. To avoid the torture that was "player interaction".

Try to remember that 07 old school worlds is mostly veterans that will know these tricks, all the 11 year old kids that fell for stuff like this are playing EoC or a better mmo now days.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Hiya,

Cheers,

Mod Ash

As I said, people only want things to be made easier these days. If they have to click twice it's already too much for them. We survived years and years with a two click system. I can see this being the start of everything becoming easier..

So from the looks of it, you're only worried about the Bank Click one. Is that correct?

Or are some of the other vote options concerning you too?

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Hiya,

Cheers,

Mod Ash

So from the looks of it, you're only worried about the Bank Click one. Is that correct?

Or are some of the other vote options concerning you too?

It's one of the things. I don't see any reason to add the tab for friends chat function. I'm also glad that it's 50/50 for herbs, no reason to change it. But on the forums it's just people whining that they want stuff back. We want this back, we want that back, ugh. Awful people.

2j3qh46.jpg

I can understand being against the Bank Left Click (hell even I voted no for that...I'm not even sure why it's a voting option, did anyone honestly ask for this?)

Grimy definitely isn't coming back at this rate.

As for things like the Tab-Reply, I honestly can't think of any reason this is bad.

GAMEPLAY shouldn't be easier, I agree....but SOCIAL INTERACTION should. It's a Multiplayer game that (especially without the GE now) relies very heavily on interacting with one another to get anywhere in this game.

Yeah sure...it makes it 'easier' to talk to your friends.....isn't that a good thing though?

• Like 1

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

I can understand being against the Bank Left Click (hell even I voted no for that...I'm not even sure why it's a voting option, did anyone honestly ask for this?)

Grimy definitely isn't coming back at this rate.

As for things like the Tab-Reply, I honestly can't think of any reason this is bad.

GAMEPLAY shouldn't be easier, I agree....but SOCIAL INTERACTION should. It's a Multiplayer game that (especially without the GE now) relies very heavily on interacting with one another to get anywhere in this game.

Yeah sure...it makes it 'easier' to talk to your friends.....isn't that a good thing though?

In the years I played (2003-2011), I never heard anyone complain about there NOT being an option to easily respond to your friends.

2j3qh46.jpg

Neither did I.

Does that make it a bad update?

Nobody directly asked for it, but I certainly never saw any negative reaction when it was updated.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

I think they're trying to start with very small, slight convenience updates first, because it could cause a lot of grief if they started the first poll with content and game mechanic updates.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Yes to everything except grimey herbs and left click banking.

You know why castle wars and RFD chests were so popular? ON CLICK BANKING

CW was a one click bank, plus a quick tele to a bank. Take the unique ness of the bank away and what do you have? A place for people to quickly tele to to bank. No skillers, no people hanging out have a jolly time, just seriousness.

If I want seriousness with no people to bother me, I'll go to a bank that is never ever used by anyone.

IMHO, the ONLY bank that should have a 1-click option, or even a left click option, is the one in the mage arena. Wait, nevermind. They added a right click option a while back. I just remember how annoying ti was to try to bank with him when poisoned.

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum