Rares in 2007scape- A necessity?

How did everyone just skim over the fact that he said DFS's were the best shields?

Hmm.

Come to think, nothing worth killing in 07 has high melee defense, and you're no longer completely immortal to everything; without SS/Uni.

DKs for example, the one you melee has such poor defense +2 strength could be a worthy trade for +~20 melee accuracy, and the defense would actually help a lot here as you do take damage. Some slayer tasks are another case of +2 strength potentially being worth +~20 accuracy.

Not saying it is the best, but relative to 2012, it's a lot closer.

CNqWHdA.jpg

How did everyone just skim over the fact that he said DFS's were the best shields?

Hmm.

Come to think, nothing worth killing in 07 has high melee defense, and you're no longer completely immortal to everything; without SS/Uni.

DKs for example, the one you melee has such poor defense +2 strength could be a worthy trade for +~20 melee accuracy, and the defense would actually help a lot here as you do take damage. Some slayer tasks are another case of +2 strength potentially being worth +~20 accuracy.

Not saying it is the best, but relative to 2012, it's a lot closer.

It only takes a little bit of defense for rune defenders to be better than DFSs, slightly more for adamant and mithril. Anything you kill that has enough HP for it to matter also has enough defense for at least the highest tier defender to be better. The only exception is DKs, but I think rune defenders are better DPS-wise, but the lack of defense isn't justified, so I would use a DFS there. Since superantifires are not out and there isn't enough healing to just kill dragons with antifires, DFSs are also worth using at dragons (which aren't worth killing unless bones are ridiculously high), so I suppose that counts as another use.

Were dragon defenders, spirit shields, and superantifires to be introduced, DFSs wouldn't be worth it for any situation, so you're right about them being closer.

This is so relevant to Rares

I don't think he said that to say it was the Best SHIELD SLOT item, just that it's the best SHIELD....as in..a physical "SHIELD"

A block of metal you hold in your Left hand....'SHHIIIEEEELLLLDDDD'

Defenders aren't tradable anyways, which is even further off topic in this thread...

He was talking about expensive items, not efficient items

We all already know that the Defenders are better to use outside of a few boss(es)

• Like 3

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

they forgot Lathas' amulet :(

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Lathas'_amulet

Really hoping rares are voted for and made tradeable.

Hoping for the TT rewards thing.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

What if the cheap NPC shop/free for everyone options got the majority? Scary thought.

Interesting to see how the poll is split, if people voted no to rares but they got implemented anyway, chances are that they'd sabotage the next poll, as well as some who voted yes choosing the options in the next poll that basically make them easily obtainable.

they forgot Lathas' amulet :(

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Lathas'_amulet

Really hoping rares are voted for and made tradeable.

Hoping for the TT rewards thing.

In which case, they also forgot Display Tea and Seaslug, both telegrab-able in RSC :P

Edited by Saradomin_Mage

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Would be really disappointed if those idiotic masses decide they all want free phats, only to never wear them again after they realize they are pointless if everyone has one.

They have warship there, so ammy def should be :P

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I don't see them mentioning anything about a limit to rare items though, so if they are added as clue drops/shop stocks, would they not be discontinued?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I say that they should make them rare (semi-rare) skilling/combat/tt drops for like two weeks, then discontinue them. It allows all players an equal chance at them, but it keeps them rare enough to actually have a value.

I say that they should make them rare (semi-rare) skilling/combat/tt drops for like two weeks, then discontinue them. It allows all players an equal chance at them, but it keeps them rare enough to actually have a value.

Sounds like presents all over again to me.

poll is up, 82% for rares back. 72% for tradeable.

I suppose it will go down to who has the bigger % on the tradeable/non tradeable as opposed to a 75% thing.

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I voted yes to rares

No to tradables.

If I could, I would have just voted Yes to items like Ears, Scythes, Yo-Yo, etc.

And no to Partyhats, Masks, Santa, etc.

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

I don't see why you would not vote for tradeable rares...

Don't like the fact that they are not just used for fun? Don't buy one, pretty simple, if anything it stops the high end equipment like whips getting too expensive for you.

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Don't like the fact that they are not just used for fun? Don't buy one, pretty simple

It's amazing how you just managed to answer your own question, don't you think?

That being said, if the polls ends up making the holiday items untradeable, I expect you to completely ignore their existence.

Don't like the fact that they are not just used for fun? Don't buy one, pretty simple, if anything it stops the high end equipment like whips getting too expensive for you.

I don't like Useless items being at the top of the market.

And good, Whips SHOULD be expensive.

• Like 1

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Are they going to distribute them the way they originally did? If so they will be completely worthless for a long, long time.

Either way, voted no multiple times.

Uh... I'm not sure you understood the poll options properly.

First one was to make all rares (the tradeable ones and the untradeable ones) return to the game, and the second one was to decide if those who currently are tradeable would be made untradeable.

Are they going to distribute them the way they originally did? If so they will be completely worthless for a long, long time.

Either way, voted no multiple times.

The way they will be distributed into the game will be voted on after this poll is over (assuming the Yes stays at 75+)

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Uh... I'm not sure you understood the poll options properly.

First one was to make all rares (the tradeable ones and the untradeable ones) return to the game, and the second one was to decide if those who currently are tradeable would be made untradeable.

yep. understood that.

77yLQy8.png