Poll #2 Live (Rares Polls Discussion)

I'm wondering how many people play with a 1 Button mouse still, because you can toggle the option to make the game 1 button friendly.

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Rares poll part 2 is now live. The only question getting a 75+% vote is this:

"Would you like tradeable rare items to be given out as rewards from community events?"

Everything else, including the questions about whether people want tradeable rares or untradeable rares to be discontinued, are not hitting 75%.

EDIT: Oh shit, hahaha, none of the questions are winning because for some reason the Yes and No answers were swapped around for some of them! I've definitely voted incorrectly on a ton of the questions now L.

Edited by Saradomin_Mage

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

No wait, I checked up on the RSOF, and apparently only the answers on the results page switch position based on how many votes they've received. For the actual poll question it's just straight up 1. Yes and 2. No, so no issues there.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Wow the community sucks >.>.

Most don't understand the point of rares and just want a situation where everyone gets one.

And the poll sucks/is biased, so many opinions that make rares "rare", monster drops/scrolls/skilling and 1 opinion to say give them too everyone.

So give to everyone gets up to top obviously.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Most don't understand the point of rares and just want a situation where everyone gets one.

Or maybe this time around, people don't WANT 'rares' to be the same they were, and they just want them for fun.

The amount of yes votes the NPC Shop ones are getting kind of worry me.

edit: wait no....the Results answers are FLIPPED from when you actually vote...why are the No votes on top?

• Like 1

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Most don't understand the point of rares

The fun part? The "point" of rares was supposed to be "fun items distributed during the holidays", and not "extremely rare items hoarded by the rich players."

Hence why they stopped doing tradeable rares before they even thought about RS2.

• Like 5

What an awkward poll. I wish that the tradable rares were available as rare "drops" from skilling, treasure trails, and PvM but only for like a week. Then they'd never come into the game ever again.

I wish untradable rares were basically free hand-me-outs to everybody. OR give them the same status as 3rd age basically.

77yLQy8.png

Wow not happy with the current votes. I thought TT would be more popular as, in my opinion, is the fairest way to distribute them (if going for a rare discontinued item that is).

Also they wont be rares if they aren't discontinued, unless they made them as rare as third age, but since community events and buying from shops for little and lots of gp are most popular.... :/

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Wow the community sucks >.>.

And the poll sucks/is biased, so many opinions that make rares "rare", monster drops/scrolls/skilling and 1 opinion to say give them too everyone.

So give to everyone gets up to top obviously.

I agree, most people don't understand rares. You certainly don't.

I voted yes on everything because I want to watch the world burn.

• Like 1

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Those are the least popular actually.

For some reason the results page is flipped.

Wait I'm confused now... has it always been this way? I didn't understand the confusion a page back but now I completely understand... lol.

So right now, dropping them with holiday events on 64% and TT on 57% are the two leading... if I'm not mistaken.

Currently 66% want them to be around for a limited period after introduction.

Will Jagex enforce the 75% for this poll? I understand now that it doesn't make sense to require 75% to make them limited, since currently the majority do want it to be limited, and they have always been limited. The question should have been asked in reverse, meaning only 34% would have said yes, and they would not have reached the 75% mark...

nabsigmar2011.png

For this set of polls, I'm pretty sure they're going to do the All-Out majority.

Because the items are already vote-approved to be added.

Which ever choice has the highest Yes vote, will get in.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

For this set of polls, I'm pretty sure they're going to do the All-Out majority.

Because the items are already vote-approved to be added.

Which ever choice has the highest Yes vote, will get in.

Yep that makes sense, but it will be interesting to see how they handle the Rares being limited or not vote.

nabsigmar2011.png

And now TT says No for 57%? It definitely said Yes for 57% last time I looked.... what the hell is going on?

nabsigmar2011.png

Suddenly the "Give one of every tradable rare to Old School Players" is doing well, only barely behind the Seasonal Event one.

This is just confusing.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

how are they going to do things like half wines/disks if dropped as holiday events is chosen...

Why would they introduce half wines or disks at all?

Why not?

I'm guessing because no one wants them as can't show them off. Yeah easter eggs and pumpkins also fall into that category, but at least they are holiday-themed and cooler than a half-wine.

But hey I'm not questioning it, they are part of the main game as rares and I can see people complaining if they didn't bring them back.

All I know is that if I end up getting a half-wine at one of these drops I'll be slightly annoyed that I didn't get something cooler.

Anyway, only 20k people have voted. Jagex need to make an OS front page post about it.

As it currently stands for tradables, the only yes vote is to drop them like they originally did or similar. The fact that only 65% voted yes to keep them limited, and assuming that Jagex require 75% here, does this mean rares will just be randomly dropped from time to time, or every Christmas, Easter and Halloween? :/

I guess we just have to wait and see.

nabsigmar2011.png

As it currently stands for tradables, the only yes vote is to drop them like they originally did or similar. The fact that only 65% voted yes to keep them limited, and assuming that Jagex require 75% here, does this mean rares will just be randomly dropped from time to time, or every Christmas, Easter and Halloween? :/

I'm confused by your thought process.

Jagex implemented the first poll that followed the 75% rule, do you want rares or not, and it passed.

Now the poll is how.

Therefore, although single questions may be yes or no, the entire poll is decided by a majority vote to see how they come back, not a 75% must pass for the limited time question. Unless Jagex has some backwards thinking, it should be whichever option is highest passes.

Furthermore, how is broken down into a couple of options:

Limited quantity/time

Method of distribution

and then in some cases, method of distribution is further broken down; such as holiday events:

do you want separate holiday events or all at once?

Inside each of those above questions, whichever option has the highest vote should win. So as it currently stands, they will be limited because that option has more votes, method of distribution should be holiday events, and there should be a separate event for each one.

I agree that question is worded poorly, but it's still a how kind of question, not a yes or no kind of question.

As for everyone saying the results are flipped, that's incorrect. Whichever option is winning is on top. Pretty simple. Confusing yes, but bugged - no.

tldr; 75% has nothing to do with this poll as it's a how, not a yes/no - regardless of how poorly it's worded.

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

I'm confused by your thought process.

Jagex implemented the first poll that followed the 75% rule, do you want rares or not, and it passed.

Now the poll is how.

Therefore, although single questions may be yes or no, the entire poll is decided by a majority vote to see how they come back, not a 75% must pass for the limited time question. Unless Jagex has some backwards thinking, it should be whichever option is highest passes.

Furthermore, how is broken down into a couple of options:

Limited quantity/time

Method of distribution

and then in some cases, method of distribution is further broken down; such as holiday events:

do you want separate holiday events or all at once?

Inside each of those above questions, whichever option has the highest vote should win. So as it currently stands, they will be limited because that option has more votes, method of distribution should be holiday events, and there should be a separate event for each one.

I agree that question is worded poorly, but it's still a how kind of question, not a yes or no kind of question.

As for everyone saying the results are flipped, that's incorrect. Whichever option is winning is on top. Pretty simple. Confusing yes, but bugged - no.

tldr; 75% has nothing to do with this poll as it's a how, not a yes/no - regardless of how poorly it's worded.

Okay well thats what I saying, it would be stupid to have the 75% for these votes, from what others are saying they seem to think it was the case which is why i was confused.

And with the flipping results, I understand that the vote with more is on top, but earlier on the TT vote, 57% was yes on top, then not long later it was no on 57%, so I guess it was just coincidence. Since people were posting confusion before I was curious if the actual results were bugged.

nabsigmar2011.png