Poll #2 Live (Rares Polls Discussion)

Question 1

Some additional OldSchool worlds will be added, with F2P restrictions applied so that clans and PKers can engage in PVP combat in the Wilderness without members items or abilities. The worlds will remain accessible only to RuneScape members. Players who do not wish to use these worlds would not be required to visit them, and the world-picker would not send people to these worlds who had not manually selected them.

Question 2

Improve the pathfinding/routefinding code to prevent the bugs where players run back and forth and dance around large npcs when trying to fight them.

Question 3

Update some of the training obstacles, such as pipes, at various agility courses to allow multiple players to use them simultaneously.

Question 4

Holding down the mouse wheel button will allow you to rotate the camera, like the arrow keys do.

Question 5

The list of activities (e.g trading, Castle Wars) from the themed worlds forum post will be added to the world select pages.

Question 6

If a world is full, players trying to log into it will be placed in a queue, rather than having to repeatedly login until there is space.

Question 7

While you are trading with another player, their chat messages will be copied to your Trade chat tab so that you can read them more easily.

Question 8

Players will be permitted to return to Ape Atoll without claiming the Defence XP reward of the Monkey Madness quest, allowing pures to attempt the monkey chapter of Recipe for Disaster.

Question 9

If you cast a second alchemy spell while a previous alchemy spell is still in progress, the second spell is queued up to run when the first one finishes. This would not queue up more than one spell at any time.

Question 8 proving to be the stickiest one at the time of posting, with only 55% voting Yes. Others that have not crossed the threshold include Question 6 (world login queue) and Question 4 (camera rotation with middle mouse).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

voted yes to all but pures with addy gloves.

All fairly generic connivance updates, see no reason to not want them (I never use the mouse wheel thing, but still voted yes as some people use it... a lot of people seem to vote no just because it doesn't effect them)

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

As a pure I don't really mind either way about addy gloves or mith, my main enemies in PVP are pures so my limitations are also theirs. I do think pures should be able to go to ape atoll for any other reason (shops, training on gorillas, agility) though and find it kinda disturbing they specifically mention the gloves as the reason which will obviously cause the whole "pure vs none pure" war, which pures have no chance of winning 75%.

Pathfinding improvement is desperately needed.

Everything else is mediocre, although seeing messages while trading is pretty cool.

Themed worlds would be good just to ensure everyone knows what world they should be in and improve the activity (such as get more people for pest control boats etc..)

It's quite humorous they're adding the f2p worlds despite the first vote against it. I guess it was close enough and they probably honestly expected us to vote it and the poll to only be a formality.

• Like 2

CNqWHdA.jpg

They expressed regret that they didn't word the F2P world thing well enough in Poll #1, and wanted to absolutely make it clear to people about what they were voting for, hence the do-over in this poll.

6Ij0n.jpg

They expressed regret that they didn't word the F2P world thing well enough in Poll #1, and wanted to absolutely make it clear to people about what they were voting for, hence the do-over in this poll.

It's still not perfectly clear to me. It sounds like these new worlds will be completely f2p restricted worlds, not just member worlds that have f2p limits in the wilderness. Which is fine I guess as they'll be brand new worlds, but it's an important distinction they're not very clear on.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Question 7 seems rather unfair in that it is not a feature Runescape has ever had, even the current live game lacks it.

As for the new worlds it is very clear:

These new worlds will have the F2P restrictions in place on map, equipment etc.

However to play OSRS you MUST have membership.

All they offer is a controlled environment for rune pking or w/e that people cannot hijack with dragon or w/e

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

voted yes to all but pures with addy gloves.

All fairly generic connivance updates, see no reason to not want them (I never use the mouse wheel thing, but still voted yes as some people use it... a lot of people seem to vote no just because it doesn't effect them)

+1

iKhvZOZ.png4F4hQZ4.png

#7 was, or is in the live game, is it not?

Yeah, it is.

Really? I've literally never seen that happened when I've done trading on W2 =S

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

#7 was, or is in the live game, is it not?

Yeah, it is.

Really? I've literally never seen that happened when I've done trading on W2 =S

1. Get into a trade with someone.

2. Click the "Trade" tab.

3. Have your "Public" tab set to On and not Hide.

6Ij0n.jpg

Haha that mod mat thing is the perfect example of what I was saying earlier about people picking sides on pures vs not pures.

Someone argues the case for addy glove pures and "why don't you eradicate pures" comes out of the woodworks. I love it.

CNqWHdA.jpg

I'm actually surprised that F2P pking poll is doing so well.

Reading through the OS Forums lead me to see that a lot of people actually regretted voting Yes the first time when they saw the reaction some people had.

Regardless, I'm glad this is looking like it will go through, I didn't see much reason for it not to originally.

What's REALLY confusing me right now though, is the Scroll Wheel Camera poll, it doesn't look like it's going to pass through

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

10k people have voted against the scroll wheel... Around 2.3k have voted no for everything, so thats 8k people who specifically don't want the scroll wheel thing o.O.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

One of the big mentalities people have I've noticed is a "NO Easier, and Faster"

So maybe they feel that the scroll wheel would take away the skill required to hold down arrow keys.

........yeah

• Like 1

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Anti-scroll is obvious. People don't personally use it thus they're against it. It's why the polls are not good for the community as a whole. Too many of us are incredibly selfish or live in a bubble, we can't expect good results to come from a 75% required poll when it comes to any content that is specialized in any way.

I personally have never used the scroll in the past but now i think about it i often put my keyboard away when not talking to people, and using only the mouse would be way more convenient than finding the keyboard to move the camera slightly :P.

I don't understand why it's even put to a vote.

• Like 1

CNqWHdA.jpg

I love how even pures don't want addy gloves because they'd rather be PK'ing than do more skilling and questing :lol: http://www.mm-rs.org...ves-1-def-poll/

Voted:

Yes on f2p

Yes on pathfinding

Yes on obstacles

Yes on mouse wheel (I never use it, but I know people that depend on it)

No on themed worlds (I liked it when every world had at least a dozen people to play CW with; with themed worlds you're only able to play games with massive amounts of people)

Yes on queue

Yes on trade msgs

No on Ape Atoll; more chinning competition, and that update was the result of Evil Trees in the live game, which weren't released until 2009; it wasn't for pures, in other words. But pures don't want that update anyway, so...

Yes on alch, even though all my alching I've ever done was prior to the update.

77yLQy8.png

I love how even pures don't want addy gloves because they'd rather be PK'ing than do more skilling and questing :lol: http://www.mm-rs.org...ves-1-def-poll/

Voted:

Yes on f2p

Yes on pathfinding

Yes on obstacles

Yes on mouse wheel (I never use it, but I know people that depend on it)

No on themed worlds (I liked it when every world had at least a dozen people to play CW with; with themed worlds you're only able to play games with massive amounts of people)

Yes on queue

Yes on trade msgs

No on Ape Atoll; more chinning competition, and that update was the result of Evil Trees in the live game, which weren't released until 2009; it wasn't for pures, in other words. But pures don't want that update anyway, so...

Yes on alch, even though all my alching I've ever done was prior to the update.

Haha same kind of thing here. I personally don't mind the extra questing, but 95% of my enemies in the wilderness are going to be other pures. If they're also limited to miths I don't really lose or gain an advantage.

I hope they give regen brace good stats though (and don't make it a corp drop) so we have a very expensive training item with +1 strength over our mith gloves. It would give onyx some more purpose than furies (and gimmicky zerk necks). We don't even have imbued rings...

edIt: ughhh no theme worlds? Are you crazy? There are only like 40k OS players at any given time. All that happens now is players assign unwritten theme worlds but the majority of people aren't aware so you get 1 or 2 noobs unsuccessfully trying to play a minigame on every world, and many that just give up on the activity out of frustration.

CNqWHdA.jpg