QBD - worth my bothering?

Slyfoxuk

Bump edit.

Finally got to level 60 summ and 70 smith and tried this with both aby whip/dfs and gs - both with normal antifire. Cant do with gs as I just got smashed, did better with whip and dfs but as expected the dps was far too low.

I'm looking at dungeoneering to get weapons and was planning to get main and off hand claws - would a chaotic claw with dfs be a good enough upgrade on the whip? (I'd be happy if it gets me to the 4 and a chance to sort my royal c'bow)

Slyfoxuk.png

If you do die at the QBD, you can get back to your grave quickly. So don't worry too much about losing things, just make sure you have activated port sarim lodestone.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

If you do die at the QBD, you can get back to your grave quickly. So don't worry too much about losing things, just make sure you have activated port sarim lodestone.

Cheers for clarifying that. This is what I was actually worried about but having checked a few vids etc realised this was the case. Reckon I'll just go for it with melee and see how I get on. Only way you can really learn with these things.

Slyfoxuk.png

Cheers for clarifying that. This is what I was actually worried about but having checked a few vids etc realised this was the case. Reckon I'll just go for it with melee and see how I get on. Only way you can really learn with these things.

Just beware that certian items like Player-Owned Ports armour and chaotic weapons drops underneath the graves, so when you go to equip your items you may miss that some items are on the floor. Some items like Sixth age circuits disappears on death so you'll have to fetch them again, but this only really applies to untradeable goods.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

If you have low herblore, super zammy brew and super restores make a big difference, if you have to then borrow a godsword or something, they aren't amazing but are good enough and as much as lots of people will say its xp waste/inefficient or w/e but war bands can help you with your smithing if you're that poor atm, I can't see your stats on my phone but if you can't get super antis you can get by with a regular anti if you're careful, may have to avoid some fire walls or at least run through them as can be hard to heal quick enough without supers

baileydafrog.png

@Oli Thanks for that., against all odds I did know but it was rather safe to assume I wouldnt. I've really not had a chance to explore/obtain better items like those anyway! (see my lack of dung level as example - I only tried for first time yesterday.

@bailey Cheers for info. Initially I will simply try melee with a 1h and shield to get a feel for fighting her. Ultimately I will need to vastly improve a lot of skills before seriously fighting her often. It'd just be nice to know that I can and also know that I can get the royal c'bow when I've upped a few stats.

Slyfoxuk.png

I helped my friend with it recently, without a high damage single hand weapon you may end up taking more damage than rushing with a 2h, just put your chat box to game (filter) and it warns you before each attack and that's it, to do it once is pretty easy if you just spam the right abilities, just don't forget the super zammy or overload if you had 90+ herb

baileydafrog.png

• 2 weeks later...

Chaotic claw should be a big accuracy upgrade mostly, definitely would help you get the kill.

Remember that fighting with a shield is much different than fighting with 2h/dw - you need to use Resonance, you need to use Revenge when there's a few worms, ults like Berserk deal a lot less damage while Rejuvinate becomes available.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

When you die a few times, and trust me, you will, opt to keep items that will vanish on death. Like avas' Excalibur, 6th axe circuit, and barrow items.

And considering the royal bow costs only about 1m, best thing you can do to get it :)

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum