Melee Training

Chaoy2

What are the best melee training methods? I have 99 slayer so I'd like to focus solely on training my strength and attack stats. I have overloads, soul split, etc. I could purchase drygores, and my melee armor is either bandos or elite void.

I've tried frosts (but I often don't see the blue ball, would increasing my graphics help?) and fight cauldron but neither were very successful.

Thank you!

Chaoy2.png

How are deadly red spiders for you when you only want to focus on the xp? That's probably a cheap way to get your att en str to 96 (equill to your def) or even further. No overloads needed, no drygores, easily done with bandos or elite void armor.

I don't see how this is trolling. I see alot of people training combat on deadly reds, even if they have 95 in either att, str or def. I asked them why they would still train here, they claim its the fastest method. Although it numbs your brain. So it is just a suggestion wich you either can claim as: "no Tappas, thats a bad way of training" or "might try that out although its killing my brain". Calling it trolling is just suggestive. But, let's not hijack the topic.

It seems to be trolling because that is in fact a poor choice to train melee stats... unless you're f2p.

Anyway, back OT, if you've tried doing cauldron, I would try out the things listed here at: http://runescape.wik..._melee_training See which ones you enjoy the most, or find the best for how you play and grind away to your hearts content. Either that or you can look up a few videos on youtube of methods you've tried to see how others do them to give you a hint on how to get the best/fastest xp possible. I know this hasn't been super informative but I hope that it's at least beneficial in some way.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

It used to be, but now for higher level training you get less xp if the monster isn't your lvl. It's still good rates from what I understand if you afk it, but nothing like cauldron and such. Red spiders according to the guide maxed out at around 200k-230k xp/hr(the best in f2p easily), while i've heard cauldron is around 300k/hr.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

+1 about the fight cauldron

It might be a little tough before you get obsidian armor, but once you get it you'll barely use any food

Kill the boss guy and use lamps on slayer. I don't care if you're 99, use them on slayer.

Quick question (sorry for stealing thread). At what level should you start the Fight Cauldron? As soon as you can finish the quest?

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

It might be a little tough before you get obsidian armor, but once you get it you'll barely use any food

Kill the boss guy and use lamps on slayer. I don't care if you're 99, use them on slayer.

May I ask why you still want to use the lamps on slayer? If there are more skills to max out, I would say use it on them, but there must be a reason why you say use them on slayer, even on 99

Quick question (sorry for stealing thread). At what level should you start the Fight Cauldron? As soon as you can finish the quest?

Yes

May I ask why you still want to use the lamps on slayer? If there are more skills to max out, I would say use it on them, but there must be a reason why you say use them on slayer, even on 99

Because xp still has value after 99, whether or not he realizes it yet.

Yes

Because xp still has value after 99, whether or not he realizes it yet.

Meh, OP may eventually value exp after 99 but I would say that if the goal right now (I would assume) is Max Cape then I would just vote for doing whatever helps him get to that goal ASAP. As it is now exp after 99 offers no benefit to him at all and he may never decide to go for an "exp past 99" goal.

• Like 1

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Thanks for the tips everyone! I will try fight cauldron again and get that obsidian armor. To kill the mages/rangers on their fire pits, do I kite them, or?

To clarify, I'm not averse to using lamps on slayer (indeed I still do), I only meant to find an alternative method to training melee that wasn't slayer.

Chaoy2.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxD_rMvxVkU

Decent guide, there's others out there but from the look of things he just attacked them while they were on the fire pits.

• Like 2

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Thanks for the tips everyone! I will try fight cauldron again and get that obsidian armor. To kill the mages/rangers on their fire pits, do I kite them, or?

To clarify, I'm not averse to using lamps on slayer (indeed I still do), I only meant to find an alternative method to training melee that wasn't slayer.

Fight Cauldron has been altered so that it would take longer for a fire pit to start flaming and so that it would flame for a shorter time, so that would probably help for meleeing the rangers/mages that stay on the pits.

• Like 1