Runescape Easier?

SDK

I just started back playing after a brief 4 year or so siesta. I have logged in occasionally since I "quit" but this is my first extended time back. So for some info here goes. I started playing runescape shortly after it first came out.

Back in this time they had just expanded to four servers. We were lucky to have a few thousand people playing, and the runescape website had forums. P2p was unheard of and rune armor was non-existant. The website even had a time couter that displayed how long each player had been logged in for. Now this isn't exact but I believe at this timet he highest person had something like 120 days. There weren't item banks... wow that sucked, eveyone used "mules" to hold their items (so much for the no drop trade rule). There was no such thing as a cert and items stacked to 65535 (the magical number). This included cash, and let me tell you to have two or three stacks of money meant you owned the universe. I remember the day rune armor came out, that tealish armor looked amazing.

I quit 6-12 months after p2p came out. Blurose13x traded me 20k runes for some rune bars. Dragon armor had just come out and Skone751 and I sold R2H for 1.3Mil a pop, I couldn't get them fast enough. In order to trade them I had to stand for 15 minutes while some poor kid held down his mouse button while his gp accumulated in the trade window.

So after all this oldtimer talk I do have a point. Had runescape gotten lots easier? My 7.5 Mil in the bank is hardly exclusive, in fact I might be considered poor. You click once to mine an ore... the rock overtly changes color? Is it the same for all skills? I can trade X gp!?!?!?! All these new runes my god. Sara armor? What is zammy and obby? This new combat system confuses me, my magic is as good as your sword? I see an awful lot of people at level 99 for a skill. And this one crazy guy has level 99 EVERYTHING?!?! So is it easier?

Or is it the expanded number of skills? The need for better ways to do things that forced the new systems? I wanted these things to happen, the new trade system is great, the new mining system so easy, the random events very cool. But is it all just a little to easy?

One last question what happens if you use the genie on a skill you have lvl 99 in?

And I guess one more, what is the name of god do you do with a 190Mil hat? Please tell me you just really like the way it looks.

I know that the money has inflated a lot so it does suck a bit...

and i think that if u have lvl 99 in a skill...u just get 990 xp in that skill...lol quite useless.

oh and 99 in skills i don't think is easy.

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I left just as they announced they were going to do the new greaphics thing. It is very cool. What is the pin thing for?? I haven't gotten one I just use my bank like the old days right now.

Its if you get hacked and hacker tries to take items out of your bank. It will take hacker a while to figure out the pin number and get into your bank unless he uses a good keylogger.

Wooow!

I can feel you sucking all the respect out of me!

Man, it's nice to meet some old-school 'Scapers.

If you have any questions, PM me. I am the god of RuneScape info.

Ok, so I'm just an annoying know-it-all. Deal with it.

Here, let me take a crack at all these questions:

I just started back playing after a brief 4 year or so siesta. I have logged in occasionally since I "quit" but this is my first extended time back. So for some info here goes. I started playing runescape shortly after it first came out.

Back in this time they had just expanded to four servers. We were lucky to have a few thousand people playing, and the runescape website had forums. P2p was unheard of and rune armor was non-existant. The website even had a time couter that displayed how long each player had been logged in for. Now this isn't exact but I believe at this timet he highest person had something like 120 days. There weren't item banks... wow that sucked, eveyone used "mules" to hold their items (so much for the no drop trade rule). There was no such thing as a cert and items stacked to 65535 (the magical number). This included cash, and let me tell you to have two or three stacks of money meant you owned the universe. I remember the day rune armor came out, that tealish armor looked amazing.

I quit 6-12 months after p2p came out. Blurose13x traded me 20k runes for some rune bars. Dragon armor had just come out and Skone751 and I sold R2H for 1.3Mil a pop, I couldn't get them fast enough. In order to trade them I had to stand for 15 minutes while some poor kid held down his mouse button while his gp accumulated in the trade window.

So after all this oldtimer talk I do have a point. Had runescape gotten lots easier?

Aw, man, it has gotten so much easier.

My 7.5 Mil in the bank is hardly exclusive, in fact I might be considered poor.

Well, poor to some people. "Rich" is anything from 100K to a few billion gold (yes. Billion.)

You click once to mine an ore... the rock overtly changes color? Is it the same for all skills?

Yup. With oak+ trees, you can even get multiple logs from a single click!

I can trade X gp!?!?!?! All these new runes my god.

PM me for explanations.[.b]

Sara armor? What is zammy and obby?

Sara, Zammy, and Guthix armour refer to the three gods. You can get rune armour trimmed with their colour. Obby is Obsidian. Type of armour. High-class stuff.

This new combat system confuses me, my magic is as good as your sword?

Combat triangle: Magic->Melee->Range->Magic. Magic is now the same as melee. If you mage or range an opponent outside of a multi-combat zone (I'll explain in a sec) it's like you melee'd that monster. No one else can touch it for a certain time. Multi-combat zones are areas where more than one person can attack a target. PM for more.

I see an awful lot of people at level 99 for a skill. And this one crazy guy has level 99 EVERYTHING?!?! So is it easier?

Well, rumour has it Zezima (99 in all skills) is actually 3-4 colledge students who share an account, and were hired by JAGeX or msomething. But that's just a rumour. I think he's nuts.

Or is it the expanded number of skills?

Huh?

The need for better ways to do things that forced the new systems?

Yes...?

I wanted these things to happen, the new trade system is great, the new mining system so easy, the random events very cool. But is it all just a little to easy?

JAGeX is a bunch of softies. They change the game so that it's not difficult. I'm starting to get bored of it. IF YOU EVER START GETTING BORED WITH RUNESCAPE, GET IN TOUCH WITH THE ORDER OF CABBAGE! PM me to find out about RuneScape's one and only cult, the Order of Cabbage (OoC).

One last question what happens if you use the genie on a skill you have lvl 99 in?

You'd get 9900 experience points. A waste I guess. Genies give you experience equal to your current level times 100. Or maybe it's 10...

And I guess one more, what is the name of god do you do with a 190Mil hat? Please tell me you just really like the way it looks.

It's rare. People like rare stuff. Oh, and the bastard merchants who jack the prices up. Once again, I can explain this over PM.

OK, I tried...

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

You could only put 2500 gold evey time you bank its not like now how you can put mils at a time.. It used to take soooo long to put even 500k in the bank :oops:

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

It's improved a lot since you played, but I wouldn't say it's gotten easier, just less time consuming. There isn't really any skill involved in holding down a mouse button so it's not easier, but less tedious! I think the whole reason why everyone is so high nowadays is just because a lot of time has passed. I just came back after a 7 month hiatus and I'm near last place on a compare list with all my friends and I see a lot of them have ottained a level 99 skill. Genies barely help at all due to the minimal exp they give and most of the new random events are just to reward you with things that are practically worthless so they don't imbalance the game but just decorative or a tiny bit of help in return for some confidence you are not autoing.

if you claim you played when it just started there was only 1 server not 4 then bud. and when dragon armor came out r2h were only 50k not 1.3 mil. your getting your times mixed up.

First, he said they had just expanded to four servers. Also, looking at your stats, you're an RS2 product. You wouldn't know. Before RS2 came out, Rune Two-Handers were around 70-100K. When dragon came out (Over a year ago) they were a lot, lot more. You're assuming too much.

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

I used to love spending over half a hour to just put 900k in the bank...ahhh the memories. The drop partys outside fally south (east) bank. Mass crowds in fally gardens on holidays. Partys in the varrock museum. All the bugs, numerous mining systems/fatigue. Not being able to see ones combat level unless you were in the wild or used programs like [Caution: Hack-Scam Site]. :)

Welcome back to the game...runescape sucks nowerdays, overrun with noobs. No community spirit with players ingame. Jee i remember back in the day when it seemd like everyone knew eachother, now the games full of weird people with lots of oo00oo00's in their names. *looks up at my name* yeah mine don't count im the original 00 guy from like over 5 years ago wooooo.

Sorry im rambling and im drunk, a little.

Don't play runescape, wait till 2007 and see what this new game jagex are making is all about :D

bunyip.png

i played twice back in classic before i got my job, I came back right before rs2 came out and well it has changed. I miss my old acount :cry:

A mod stopped by me while i was woodcutting and i was afk and i wouldnt talk......and i got banned. Oh well started over this year and hope to learn the ropes, maybe my son can help me. lol

I wish you luck ever want help that i might be able to offer just add me ingame

whitedragonhidepm9.png

I just came back from a long break. Back on bob.

Wow thanks for all the positive feedback.

Runescape was different back in the day. To those talking about only being able to put a certain amount of cash in the bank at a time, that was even before my day, i never knew that.

Anyone remember irc.jurai.org? the official runescape chat. HAHA.

I do miss the bit of community from the old days but now its easier to raise levels. Back then I never wanted to train, it was too hard. I can mine all day on the new system.

Got my first frog prince rendom today while training. Woo!

Wow, I did not know you were a runescape veteran.

Listening to you recount the old days it really puts it into perspective how good we have it these days. If you need any help in game, I've still got you in list. Rsn: akm762.

Thanks for the pumpkins :wink:

31509signature.gif

training has become much easyer yes

but in rsc it took so long to get a lvl i had more fun talking to people and having fun, now that is the biggest change ingame

scammers al over rs, autoers going mad to get rune essence, wood...

they only think about themself and the lvls they can increase.

Almost no1 in game is friendly, and if u try to say something they answer with "NOOB" or gimmy fr33 stuff.

i kinda miss the old days

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

I see a lot of people complaining about autoers and scammers and n00bs. Heh, if you think that their preponderance is new you should think again. They have always existed and will alsway exist. Now, there used to be a thing called duping, where via a glitch in the system you could duplicate items. The 30 second sccount transfer thing that exists now is a fix for that.

Duping was a big problem when I played. when death runes were the highest and people had 60k of em. Heh I'm pretty sure I traded one of the first rune b-axes ever to a duper, he gave me 32k in assorted new runes. New runes used to me chaos, law, and nature. Rune B-Axes were 2500 stell bars at that time i believe.