Seeking advice re the Dominion Tower

Blyaunte

Ok, so after much procrastination, I’ve decided to finally do the Desert Tasks, which means that I need to drag my butt through the Dominion Tower …

Ok -- and before any of you get images of a dog dragging it’s backside across the carpet into your heads, I mean that I need to go in and fight and stuff, in order to earn dreadnips et al. 

Sheesh!

So, here’s my question: while I’m sure that I’ve got pretty much everything I need to do it: skills, gear and what not – what I don’t know is how to actually go about it. 

Yes, I know where it is. Yes, I know how to use EOC. LOL.

Any advice as to strategy and avoiding XP Waste would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

Oh and skills = maxed combat, 99 summoning, 99 herblore et al.

blyaunte.png

Gear = All Nex and POP sets + drygores, all chaotics, etc.

nyuseg.png

Since most of the bosses are very weak, you'll want some all-round powerful weaponry to dispose of them quickly. You need a full suite of elemental spells for the Dagannoth Mother 2, ranged and melee as well, and some antifire measures if you wish to beat Elvarg when you encounter her (you can also just quit). Other than that, war-priest with t85 helm/boots/gloves is probably a good balance of convenience and defence, or just void.

First do all the specials, then unlock all the bosses with Endurance or Climber (you need f15 Climber minimum I believe, so get that early). The bombs and pages will come with DF, which is faster on low Climber floors, but Endurance catches up later.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Bringing runes for every spell is a waste. You can bring one or two, a melee switch and/or ranged switch and kill her just fine. I believe ancients will even work on her (bloodfire being fire, obviously, and ice being water). Hell, last time I went, I meleed and let the steel titan take care of the rest (took one hell of a long time though) and survived off of soul split and defensives.

If you're using abilities with magic, don't cast your highest spell with both hands. For example, have bloodfire barrage selected for your main-hand and bloodfire blitz selected for your off-hand). Because of an oddity with the magic ability damage formula, this will make for higher hits. Sounds wrong, but it's correct.

You want max DPS for everything. I tend to just use mage (with a switch for a boss like the dagonnoth mother). Any items you need (such as silverlight, elemental runes, stake) will all be provided when you fight that boss.

When going for boss kills/pages, I believe I did climber (allows you to bank between kills) and endurance (doesn't, but no handicaps). Simply leave when you reach a boss that's not worth the time (pest queen, for example).

09144a99bb.png

If you're using abilities with magic, don't cast your highest spell with both hands. For example, have bloodfire barrage selected for your main-hand and bloodfire blitz selected for your off-hand). Because of an oddity with the magic ability damage formula, this will make for higher hits. Sounds wrong, but it's correct.

You want max DPS for everything. I tend to just use mage (with a switch for a boss like the dagonnoth mother). Any items you need (such as silverlight, elemental runes, stake) will all be provided when you fight that boss.

Pretty sure they fixed the magic glitch a little bit ago. Think Ambler posted a pic on Q's blog with someone testing it again.

And it doesn't provide runes for everything. I think the demon from family crest? Not sure, I just remember my gf having to sit and slowly die, since she couldn't do anything to it. Unless they patched it in the last month or so, which is possible. I remember seeing a lot of dom tower things in patch notes, just kind of glanced over them.

• Like 1

The Family Crest demon must specifically be killed with blast spells, so it should switch you to the Modern spellbook and provide runes on the floor.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The Family Crest demon must specifically be killed with blast spells, so it should switch you to the Modern spellbook and provide runes on the floor.

I don't think it switches you back to ancients, by the way. At least it didn't when I did the requirement.

When I went and got my elite task done. I first focused on getting all the special fights out of the way. Once I had them all done I went through climber going as long as I could. Did that till I had all of the pages.

When I had all the pages I just fought bosses till I ran into ones that took me longer to kill like the Dag ones and just simply exited.

By the time I had fought 500 I had unlocked everything needed for the task completion.

sigre4.png
999r.png

I don't think it switches you back to ancients, by the way. At least it didn't when I did the requirement.

I only know that it's *supposed* to be fixed, it's been in the patch notes. No guarantees :P.

The way I went through DT fights was this

1. All Special Fights, the chicken one was the hardest, even with t9 weapons superior DL. The rest were cake.

2. Endurance mode to get the Do No Evil Monkeys and any other of the Class A bosses that happened to come up while doing it, carrying runes for doing Dagannoth Mother 2 until I had killed her once and then quitting if I got her and drygoring every other boss from that point forward. Do No Evil monkeys aren't fun if you get them with 10+ handicaps in climber.

3. Climber mode for all the other achievements, getting to floor 10+ was normally enough DF to get at least 1 page for the journal and was super easy to get to with drygores.

For endurance I would have the ice gloves, and a super antifire in my inventory just in case. I hadn't done the Dill quest when I did it so I never had to deal with that boss but you'll probably want a pickaxe for it if you get it (the one provided is iron I think?). The rest was 2 super restores, an empty inventory space in case I needed to pick up something (catalytic runes, stake/hammer for dracula etc) and the rest rocktails but sharks or even monks would do fine. With most bosses soul split is more than enough to sustain you, including Nomad and I tanked every attack he had, only eating to get to full LP for his LP-1 attack.

For climber you can get your boss and then hit "hold on" and bank to adjust to any boss fight you want. If you are using void and get the no chestplate handicap bank at this point and switch to stronger armor.  

Here's a 15 min video if you have time to kill and want a lot more detailed information of how to do everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrBsIvuajSM

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Do climber, quit when you get a slow boss.

[...]

Use a normal weapon for pest queen, only switch to Korasi's sword when you use kick

Don't those kind of contradict? I've always quit PQ, so I don't know how fast she is with EoC. Has the fight been sped up?

Pre-EoC, this thread could have been answered in two words: Claw rush. :P.

09144a99bb.png

[...]

Use a normal weapon for pest queen, only switch to Korasi's sword when you use kick

Don't those kind of contradict? I've always quit PQ, so I don't know how fast she is with EoC. Has the fight been sped up?

Post EoC its about the same,

Use Range.

You can kill most bosses before they get to you, also use frag shot and they will die before you get to the door. with dual ASCB its a joke.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

[...]

You need to kill each boss at least once too

Nomad's 1 LP attack can be made totally harmless by using Freedom to get out of his stun, then subsequently hitting him with Debilitate and severe as well if you melee, as long as you have more than half health, he will be unable to kill you.

(that's when I did it several months ago, no idea if they changed it. You can try it in the special fight).

The merit of this is that it basically removes any and all food requirement to fight against nomad.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)