2014 New Year Resolutions

jasignhagj

What are your resolutions for the new year?

Mine:

-Get into shape. I'd like to lose about 10lbs and build up some muscle, plus be able to run for more than a couple minutes

-Bring my GPA over 3.25. Shouldn't be that hard to do, I'm sitting at a 2.67 with only 9 credit hours completed, and I'm sitting at an A in my year long Poli Sci class. Just have to worry about calculus.

-Get a summer job. Obviously working at a curling rink is seasonal, so I'll need something for the summer.

-Be more social. Even over break I see my friends only once or twice a week, and I'd probably be a lot happier if I did more. I also have a lot of high school friends I hardly see any more that I should probably call.

Learn tuba, baritone ukelele.

Get in better shape

Social life? Thinking of rushing a fraternity with some pretty cool people in it, dunno if I'll have time though.

• 2 weeks later...

Be real

get over it

stop being such a prick to my friends

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I got a few. They should be realistic enough:

- Stop being a jackass and grow up. Becoming a more pleasant person is related to this goal.

- Complete a sketchbook (which I am progressing surprisingly well).

- Cut down on the stupid mistakes. Can't be free of them, but reducing them should be reasonable.

- transcend my mortal shell and become a cool ghost person

Like Bill Cosby in Ghost Dad?

My resolution is to get a decent income and move to Washington state because it's so prettiful :'(. Redmond, hopefully.

I'm moving to Redmond on July 1 :)

2s0cxth.png

- transcend my mortal shell and become a cool ghost person

Like Bill Cosby in Ghost Dad?

God dammit, this again?

• Like 2

Not too much I want to change after a great year last year. Besides the obvious stop eating junk as much and maybe put away a few extra penny's instead of spending all of my money so quickly.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

To the two of you thinking about Redmond - Microsoft hopefuls?

Anyway, my goals are:

4.0 while I'm at CC.  Really, I should be able to do this if I focus.  Bare minimum 3.7.

And climbing specific stuff:  Comfortably/onsight lead 5.12 sport, boulder onsight V6.  Hopefully I'll tick a V8 and a 5.12d this year as well, but I won't be too perturbed if I don't.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Anyway, my goals are:

4.0 while I'm at CC.  Really, I should be able to do this if I focus.  Bare minimum 3.7.

And climbing specific stuff:  Comfortably/onsight lead 5.12 sport, boulder onsight V6.  Hopefully I'll tick a V8 and a 5.12d this year as well, but I won't be too perturbed if I don't.

I start working July 7. 

Don't have new years resolutions really, but if I had to say something, I'd pick get annoyed at people less easily. 

Also, just did my second bouldering day and bought a semester pass. So, I'd hope to get some arm strength and do a V4 maybe :)

2s0cxth.png

- Get better at expressing myself. I'm not good with emotions and the like and it's caused me more than enough grief. sFwNzfq.gif

- Make progress in my education. I finally have a goal, now I can get the hell out of this community college... Or at least take steps toward doing so

- Improve in the fine arts... And in the long term, gain the confidence to show this improvement.

Start doing exercise again...this is unlikely.

Improve my artistic talents...I am doing this :)

Be better at interacting socially...I'm definitely doing this already

Get a better job by years' end...preferably in a office or something

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Anyway, my goals are:

I start working July 7. 

Don't have new years resolutions really, but if I had to say something, I'd pick get annoyed at people less easily. 

Also, just did my second bouldering day and bought a semester pass. So, I'd hope to get some arm strength and do a V4 maybe :)

I might still be down in the Eastside area when you move here - PM me if you're still into climbing and are interested in the gyms around here, I can get you in free to one of 'em.  Good luck at MS btw, don't get too burnt out.  It's a ton of work, but the pay is super nice.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

• 1 month later...

Start doing exercise again...this is unlikely.

Improve my artistic talents...I am doing this :)

Be better at interacting socially...I'm definitely doing this already

Get a better job by years' end...preferably in a office or something

Still haven't done exercise. Should really do it though.

This is on progress.

I guess? Life kinda stagnated I don't have much time for social life atm.

I'm happier now at work since I wrote that. But I wouldn't mind a better paying job though.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I didn't create any set goals at the start of the year. But I'm still progressing quite well regardless. I've started running 5k at least once per week, improving on last year where I barely exercised at all except for occasional long walks. Diet has worsened slightly on 2013 but it's still healthy enough.

I've written a CV to send to care agencies for temp work over the rest of my university course, before I qualify in September 2015. This improves on 2013 where I didn't do any paid work at all. My hours at my voluntary work also went down massively in 2013; down to 55 from around 500 in 2012. I'm acting to change this by taking on more senior responsibilities (doing more with the time I *can* offer) and I'll be running for election in the society for the position of unit leader at the end of March.

There's currently no problems with friends or university itself.

So 2014 is going well so far, even without specific goals.

Mine:

-Get into shape. I'd like to lose about 10lbs and build up some muscle, plus be able to run for more than a couple minutes

-Bring my GPA over 3.25. Shouldn't be that hard to do, I'm sitting at a 2.67 with only 9 credit hours completed, and I'm sitting at an A in my year long Poli Sci class. Just have to worry about calculus.

-Get a summer job. Obviously working at a curling rink is seasonal, so I'll need something for the summer.

-Be more social. Even over break I see my friends only once or twice a week, and I'd probably be a lot happier if I did more. I also have a lot of high school friends I hardly see any more that I should probably call.

-Nope

-Nope

-Nope

-Nope

Anyway, my goals are:

I start working July 7. 

I'm doing good on mine, kept on bouldering and now I'm doing some V3s there, with some 5.8/9 rock climbing. I've never really worked out or went to the gym, so sticking to this for three months has been great. I've built up a lot more muscle, and it's a lot of fun. Doesn't even feel like working out.

Also sa121 - I'll definitely pm you when I get there. 

2s0cxth.png

Mine:

-Nope

-Nope

-Nope

-Nope

:(

Get on it dude, the year is almost 30% over already!

- Get better at expressing myself. I'm not good with emotions and the like and it's caused me more than enough grief. sFwNzfq.gif

- Make progress in my education. I finally have a goal, now I can get the hell out of this community college... Or at least take steps toward doing so

- Improve in the fine arts... And in the long term, gain the confidence to show this improvement.

- As taciturn as ever

- Kind of...?

- I'm getting compliments from more talented artists on work that I've hated. That's something, right?