TDs

Noxx

I'm not really sure how to kill them anymore. Last time i killed them was way before EoC. I have all the Ports gear and Chaotics (cause i'm cheap). Oh and i have Death Lotus Darts and WE1 and WE2 gear for what it's worth.

So what would my setup be?

Summoning Fam worth it?

Is luring still the same?

Inventory?

Thanks in advance.

I use warpriest with polypore and chaotic maul. Unicorn , few prayer flasks, some food, urn, herbicide, darklight .. I suppose you could upgrade to titan when you get better at it.

Could also use royal crossbow, or chaotic staff, drygores, etc.

Luring was still the same for me when I tried it.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Here's a brief guide I gave someone on reddit:

I'll do my best to explain it!

To start with my invent and gear.

And of course the ability bar.

Now for the kill which I'll divide into 5 phases.

Phase 1.

Take down the shield. To do this shoot a bolt at the TD and quickly switch to your Darklight. If the the bolt does damage and the switch was timed correctly, the TD loses its shield. Make sure you have Range void and Anguish active.

Phase 2.

Switch to your Chaotic Staff and use Wild Magic followed by spamming Wrack. Do not auto attack it and do not switch to Magic Void or Torment. This can do up to 8-9k damage.

Phase 3.

Switch to your Royal Crossbow. Auto attack the demon followed by Bombard-> spamming binding shot. Make sure you have Range void and Anguish active.

Phase 4.

Switch to your Chaotic Staff and use Asphyxiate-> spam Wrack. Do not auto attack. Make sure you have Mage void and Torment active.

Phase 5.

If the demon isn't already dead you have to finish it off with the appropriate basics. If you time them with an auto attack you can do a lot of damage.

And that's basically a kill.

Using this method I get around 95+ kills an hour. I'm sure 100+ is possible with the right equipment and set up.

When you first start using this rotation you might want to lure them. This allows you to get used to killing them in this way. Once you feel you've mastered it there isn't too much need to lure, just think on you feet and move about when you switch gear.

Hope this helps!

I usually take a yak full of rocktails as well because I can't Titan.

rohanlord.png

Here's a brief guide I gave someone on reddit:

I'll do my best to explain it!

To start with my invent and gear.

And of course the ability bar.

Now for the kill which I'll divide into 5 phases.

Phase 1.

Take down the shield. To do this shoot a bolt at the TD and quickly switch to your Darklight. If the the bolt does damage and the switch was timed correctly, the TD loses its shield. Make sure you have Range void and Anguish active.

Phase 2.

Switch to your Chaotic Staff and use Wild Magic followed by spamming Wrack. Do not auto attack it and do not switch to Magic Void or Torment. This can do up to 8-9k damage.

Phase 3.

Switch to your Royal Crossbow. Auto attack the demon followed by Bombard-> spamming binding shot. Make sure you have Range void and Anguish active.

Phase 4.

Switch to your Chaotic Staff and use Asphyxiate-> spam Wrack. Do not auto attack. Make sure you have Mage void and Torment active.

Phase 5.

If the demon isn't already dead you have to finish it off with the appropriate basics. If you time them with an auto attack you can do a lot of damage.

And that's basically a kill.

Using this method I get around 95+ kills an hour. I'm sure 100+ is possible with the right equipment and set up.

When you first start using this rotation you might want to lure them. This allows you to get used to killing them in this way. Once you feel you've mastered it there isn't too much need to lure, just think on you feet and move about when you switch gear.

Hope this helps!

I usually take a yak full of rocktails as well because I can't Titan.

Where do you kill them in order to get such high KPH? I kill them too fast in the northern spawn and often have to wait idling/luring, rather than killing. I don't see how it's possible to kill so many unless you're on a highly populated world.

For the record, I kill TDs in the 30 second range (or less). And I can only manage 70 KPH including spawn and luring.

ozXHe7P.png

I don't really lure them I just kill them where they stand, being able to take down their shield with my royal crossbow allows me to do this from range. For the most part I just move between the southern 3 however if I get aggro from a northerner I lure it whilst killing my current demon using the cool down between gear switches to move. For survival I use a vamp aura and a yak full of rocktails although a unicorn would probably suffice.  

rohanlord.png

You can use the south spot, which has two spawns without luring (plus a third if you want, but that might actually lure a fourth over if you're not careful). It's actually in the Tip.It tormented demons guide (the part on locations/luring, that's still quite up-to-date) with all the fancy diagrams I made :P. See this, scroll down, 9th and 10th image from the top. That was my favourite guide to work on, but all the carefully balanced setups are now broken :(. EoC metagame is so boring.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I don't really lure them I just kill them where they stand, being able to take down their shield with my royal crossbow allows me to do this from range. For the most part I just move between the southern 3 however if I get aggro from a northerner I lure it whilst killing my current demon using the cool down between gear switches to move. For survival I use a vamp aura and a yak full of rocktails although a unicorn would probably suffice.  

You can use the south spot, which has two spawns without luring (plus a third if you want, but that might actually lure a fourth over if you're not careful). It's actually in the Tip.It tormented demons guide (the part on locations/luring, that's still quite up-to-date) with all the fancy diagrams I made :P. See this, scroll down, 9th and 10th image from the top. That was my favourite guide to work on, but all the carefully balanced setups are now broken :(. EoC metagame is so boring.

You both are amazing. I managed to kill 58 in my test run before I got a dragon lump (waiting on adventure log to update) about 30-40 minutes in. This is awesome.

edit: Managed to kill 67 in 50 minutes. Not so bad, especially considering 1) it was my first attempt 2) I did only bring range :p. Gonna try it mage and range with Void next time.

ozXHe7P.png

I'm struggling to use abilities soon as i switch combat styles. No matter what i do, it seems like an auto attack is forced before i can use any ability. This slows down my KPH a lot. Right now i'm getting around 65. I think if i can figure out how to use an ability right away, instead of having to way a few seconds, it would speed up my kills a lot.

Also, what are the potions next to the Prayer Renewals?

I'm struggling to use abilities soon as i switch combat styles. No matter what i do, it seems like an auto attack is forced before i can use any ability. This slows down my KPH a lot. Right now i'm getting around 65. I think if i can figure out how to use an ability right away, instead of having to way a few seconds, it would speed up my kills a lot.

Weapon poison++.

Also, when you switch gear, there's a small global cooldown. You'll have to spam click an ability so you don't autoattack.

ozXHe7P.png

Weapon poison++.

Also, when you switch gear, there's a small global cooldown. You'll have to spam click an ability so you don't autoattack.

Oh, i'll try spamming it next time. Thanks.

And what exactly is the use of the Poison?

I don't have any experience with it since EoC, clearly.

Weapon poison++.

Poison is a buff now. When you use poison, there's a chance the opponent will take damage over time equal to some proportion of weapon damage.

ozXHe7P.png

Weapon poison++.

Poison is a buff now. When you use poison, there's a chance the opponent will take damage over time equal to some proportion of weapon damage.

The lowest level poisons last for 5 minutes and cost like 50 gp per dose. Definitely worth using against anything that can be poisoned.

You both are amazing. I managed to kill 58 in my test run before I got a dragon lump (waiting on adventure log to update) about 30-40 minutes in. This is awesome.

edit: Managed to kill 67 in 50 minutes. Not so bad, especially considering 1) it was my first attempt 2) I did only bring range :P. Gonna try it mage and range with Void next time.

Nice one! Let me know if you come up with a better rotation as my current one is a bit dated. Also you might want to try duel wielding as thresholds seem to work a little differently. For instance, if I use wild magic with a Chaotic Staff and the first hit is over 3100 the demon will prayer switch. With  V Wand and Book I seem to remember you can get a second hit regardless of what the first hit is. Drygores are also very good with assault however you do sacrifice your range advantage. Lastly you might wanna try snap shot since the buff as that can do some pretty decent damage now.

On another note do you think a titan is possible with this tactic? I've never really used one before but from what I've heard they rip TD's apart. 

rohanlord.png

Weapon Poison is working pretty damn well. 

I tried using Steel Titan today but i feel like i need to use Melee/Mage instead of Range/Mage then. Since the Steel Titan uses mainly Ranged attacks no matter how i position it. I don't want to spend 10 seconds trying to get it in the right position to use Melee, since that would make using a Titan kind of useless...

I tried using Steel Titan today but i feel like i need to use Melee/Mage instead of Range/Mage then. Since the Steel Titan uses mainly Ranged attacks no matter how i position it. I don't want to spend 10 seconds trying to get it in the right position to use Melee, since that would make using a Titan kind of useless...

Iron titan is just short of being as effective a steel titan, and the iron titan almost always uses melee. I use an iron titan when I range.

How do you only use range?

Use a steel titan (when soloing with magic) or an iron titan (when soloing with range). It'll do enough damage almost every time to switch prayers.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Iron titan is just short of being as effective a steel titan, and the iron titan almost always uses melee. I use an iron titan when I range.

Use a steel titan (when soloing with magic) or an iron titan (when soloing with range). It'll do enough damage almost every time to switch prayers.

When using the iron titan do you use darklight or the holy water? If the holy water and I missing something because it is a paint to make.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

When using the iron titan do you use darklight or the holy water? If the holy water and I missing something because it is a paint to make.

I use holy water. Use an ability to strike first (not autoattack) otherwise you'll use up holy water really fast. I still have 60 after like 30+ hours of TDs (made 100 initially).

ozXHe7P.png

I use holy water. Use an ability to strike first (not autoattack) otherwise you'll use up holy water really fast. I still have 60 after like 30+ hours of TDs (made 100 initially).

So you use an ability and it takes down teh shield?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

So you use an ability and it takes down teh shield?

Yes, holy water attacks (including abilities) have a 100% chance to take the shield down and do it from range. Much worth using vs darklight. So to start the kill you click an ability to get it queued and then the demon to use the ability instead of an autoattack.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword