Jagex Emails Question

Th e Doctor

Having recently cancelled my account I got an email asking for feedback on why I left the game. Is this a legit thing that Jagex is doing now or should I leave it unanswered?

The other email I recieved was from what I believe to be a phishing attempt but wanted to make sure, it said that they received information leading them to believe I was trying to sell my account and threatened me with a lawsuit. The email addresses these emails came from were

and 

respectively. 

Any info would be appreciated :)

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

The latter one is for sure a fake adress and quite sure the first one is also fake.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Could you please provide us with a copy of the source data of the first e-mail, including headers, @Th e Doctor?  It would help in telling whether the e-mail was real or fake. :)

BTW, the second e-mail is a definite fake.  You wouldn't be getting a lawsuit message without first finding your account banned. :geek:

~D. V. "mail source examining" Devnull

[Hyper-Late Edit by post author due to a missing word.]

Edited by D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Apparently some people have gotten legit emails from Jagex in regards to reasons for quitting and inviting them back or offering membership for a penny, but it seems to be almost random who gets them. Personally, I would just ignore it just in case, but it's up to you. As long as you're not required to input any game or personal info, there's not too much harm (unless you get ratted, which is a slim possibility).

Second email is fake. Delete.

Apparently some people have gotten legit emails from Jagex in regards to reasons for quitting and inviting them back or offering membership for a penny, but it seems to be almost random who gets them. Personally, I would just ignore it just in case, but it's up to you. As long as you're not required to input any game or personal info, there's not too much harm (unless you get ratted, which is a slim possibility).

I received an email from Jagex offering 1 month of P2P for a penny for my second account. Just an added detail that it is some type of partnership with PayPal. I don't know how it work because I didn't take the offer, but it was only limited to a number of players.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Could you please provide us with a copy of the source data of the first e-mail, including headers, @Th e Doctor?  It would help in telling whether the e-mail was real or fake. :)

BTW, the second e-mail is a definite fake.  You wouldn't be getting a lawsuit message without first finding your account banned. :geek:

They didn't ask for any of my information and I ran AVG, Spywareblaster, Spybot Search and Destroy, as well as Malwarebytes and they all turned up nothing after I opened it. I'm pretty sure its legit.

Thanks all.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

They didn't ask for any of my information and I ran AVG, Spywareblaster, Spybot Search and Destroy, as well as Malwarebytes and they all turned up nothing after I opened it. I'm pretty sure its legit.

Thanks all.

I'd feel more comfortable if you posted the source, so that we can verify that you're safe

Thanks all.

I'd feel more comfortable if you posted the source, so that we can verify that you're safe

Here's screenshots of the info.

[hide]

6hnt.png

7nph.png[/hide]

witchynosaur.png

There is one thing you need to keep in mind. If Jagex needs to contact you badly, they would do it by sending you a message through the inbox on their websites.

Ignore e-mails that accuse you of selling your accounts and stuff like that, because these are definitely fake.

As for the other one, I'm not sure.