[Official] - Titanfall

DownToFletch

Official Titanfall game thread

THIS GAME IS NOT CONSIDERED APPROPRIATE FOR PEOPLES UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ACCORDING TO THE ESRB. DO NOT CONTINUE FURTHER IF GUNS AND EXPLOSIONS MAKE YOU UNHAPPY. 

BETA/Open BETA are out right now for consoles as well as PC players!

Names below will have TIF name FIRST, followed by origin/xbox live/play station network name

PC Players - 

• DownToFletch - WhiteyGotGame

Xbox One Players - 

Play Station 4 Players - 

titanfall_logo.jpg

TitanfallReveal.jpg

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Looks pretty cool. Little brother got a beta key somehow. I've been watching a few streams and YouTube videos of it. Looks fast paced, and I think the wall jumping is awesome looking.

But is it really..... THE COD KILLER?!?

bum bum bum

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

It was made by people that left COD apparently.

It has the potential to be the best of both worlds; battlefield and cod

They can't put in tons of futuristic jeeps and stuff, unless the titan IS the biggest and the baddest.

I'm 150% ready to buy this game. Just need to preorder it for PC.

I am deciding to buy this game OVER battlefield 4 premium.

max.png 50.png

Just got my beta for PC. Super pumped for it and have been for quiet some time.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Played a solid amount of the beta over this weekend, and I just kept yelling at my screen to take my money and give me the full version of the game. I've yet to pre-order simply because I'm debating where to actually pre-order. When I purchased my XBox One I received $30 in promotional gift cards. So realistically I could have the game for $30, but I have a feeling I'd be waiting a week after its' initial release to get it.

You should just know that this little piece of shit won't be coming out on PS4, but on Xbox 360 instead.

Something Microsoft exclusive deal something. There goes your next-gen.

Seems like the same old CoD, which I didn't enjoy anyway. Waiting rather for Bungie's Destiny, seems to bring a lot more new stuff to the table.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Been thinking of pre-ordering from newegg. Get a $10 gift card I can use for some case fans. Played the tutorial and I was simply amazed...

Thoughts after a couple games:

Only thing I do not like so far is that games don't seem to last very long. 

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I think I'll wait to buy this. I was fooled once by a beta (looking at you, bf4), and won't be fooled again. I'll see how it is after a few weeks post-launch.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

You should just know that this little piece of shit won't be coming out on PS4, but on Xbox 360 instead.

Seems like the same old CoD, which I didn't enjoy anyway. Waiting rather for Bungie's Destiny, seems to bring a lot more new stuff to the table.

Someone sounds butthurt.

I am not really butthurt, what drives me off this game is the supermassive hype around it.

+ I don't really like FPS's anyway, I have never bought a CoD.

If I could afford it, I would play Banished right now, which was released today and is a super-awesome city-builder. Much more my kind of a game, yet noone hypes it or even knows it exists.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I am not really butthurt, what drives me off this game is the supermassive hype around it.

If I could afford it, I would play Banished right now, which was released today and is a super-awesome city-builder. Much more my kind of a game, yet noone hypes it or even knows it exists.

It's a game maybe to look into. I like shooters...but titanfall really is just a pure rush throughout. Also banished looks really good actually, might look into it later.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

In my not-so-humble opinion, PC's are better anyways

So what do I care

but then again, this was supposed to be xbone exclusive

if it wasn't ever released for PC I'd never have played it

so either way it doesn't matter

not the same old cod

like mentioned above, this could prove to be the COD killer.

I think I'll wait to buy this. I was fooled once by a beta (looking at you, bf4), and won't be fooled again. I'll see how it is after a few weeks post-launch.

Oh like you've never been fooled by anything in your life

cya

Someone sounds butthurt.

Stuff like that happens

Besides, apparently BF4 is pretty much fixed anyways (at least on glorious PC master race)

dahell is banished?

max.png 50.png

The only thing that prevents Titanfall from being the next huge FPS is being exclusive to the One, while the PS4 continues to out sell the One, meaning less gamers will have a chance to play it.

It's rare to have a dominate game anymore, without it be available on everything. I do believe Titanfall will be a hit, it just won't become a massive hit like Battlefield or CoD. 

tFtfA.jpg

I don't think it will be a COD killer. COD will always be it's own thing, kinda like WoW will always be it's own thing. Instead of comparing games we should enjoy titanfall for what it is; a different spin on FPS. I've had so much fun playing titanfall today and I really wish the beta could be extended. I will be picking this up on release day. Only thing that bugs me is Orgin...>.>

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

Yeah it being on Origin irks me. I'll be getting this midnight release probably. 

I'd say "I wish they'd add some vehicles to the game" but I think it's good the way it is. The maps are perfectly big enough to house the Titans when almost everyone has one, plenty of space to run around, etc.

they finally fixed that (from COD) lol

max.png 50.png

I find it weird that there's no single player. Seems like they could've made a pretty cool story. I'm not one to play campaigns on games like those (never liked Call of Duty campaigns), but given that so many games nowadays emphasize a really good story line, it's an interesting move to me.

But I guess a game like Titanfall will be played for the sake of the multiplayer more a the single player campaign.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

yeah the devs posted some stats and it turned out only 5% of buyers finish the singleplayer campaign. for better or for worse, they've become known for multiplayer games, and their options were to either make something as innovative as cod4 was, and still have a majority of their playerbase not touch it, or just scrap it and put all that extra dev time and cash into the multiplayer. i think they made the right decision, fwiwi

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I find it weird that there's no single player. Seems like they could've made a pretty cool story. I'm not one to play campaigns on games like those (never liked Call of Duty campaigns), but given that so many games nowadays emphasize a really good story line, it's an interesting move to me.

But I guess a game like Titanfall will be played for the sake of the multiplayer more a the single player campaign.

wat

they announced no single player campaign?

This could be why (ex)COD developers might have been able to make a good online game lol

yeah the devs posted some stats and it turned out only 5% of buyers finish the singleplayer campaign. for better or for worse, they've become known for multiplayer games, and their options were to either make something as innovative as cod4 was, and still have a majority of their playerbase not touch it, or just scrap it and put all that extra dev time and cash into the multiplayer. i think they made the right decision, fwiwi

fwiwi??

fasgwgwAGAG?

ZDSGAGNAGAE?

gargawgwa.

max.png 50.png