RuneScape Authenticator Guide (Windows PC with pictures)

XxTearGodxX

Would it still be worth having a bank pin?

It adds a little bit of security. However if you always log out completely instead of going to the lobby and don't click the box for "trust for 30 days" or use a computer that no one else has access to, it's not really necessary. I'm keeping mine, since I'm very paranoid about security, but it's not all that necessary.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

It adds a little bit of security. However if you always log out completely instead of going to the lobby and don't click the box for "trust for 30 days" or use a computer that no one else has access to, it's not really necessary. I'm keeping mine, since I'm very paranoid about security, but it's not all that necessary.

The way I view a bank pin is that is always worthwhile.

If the worst case happens you you do get hacked in spite of everything else protection wise and you don't have one thats it poof bye bye everything.

If you do have one however you have 7 (or 3 if you like to set it less secure for no reason) days to secure your account before they can access anything other than your inventory and equipped gear.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The way I view a bank pin is that is always worthwhile.

If the worst case happens you you do get hacked in spite of everything else protection wise and you don't have one thats it poof bye bye everything.

If you do have one however you have 7 (or 3 if you like to set it less secure for no reason) days to secure your account before they can access anything other than your inventory and equipped gear.

I didn't know exactly what they did when you tried to remove your bank pin - I just haven't had the motivation to try it yet (I'm going to be poking around a lot with their security pretty soon), but now that I know that, I definitely recommend keeping it. It's not perfect, but it definitely is better than nothing. 

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Why would you want it added to bank pin? If you've got the authenticator on login you don't need it again on pin.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Why would you want it added to bank pin? If you've got the authenticator on login you don't need it again on pin.

I think maybe he is suggesting an authenticator in place of the pin.

Edit: that would be some annoyance when world hopping though.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Surely they would keep the option to use regular bank pin if you didn't want to/couldn't use an authenticator.

Having a randomized pin personalized for logging in is great for authenticating users. But doing so when you are tryjng to access your bank AFTER you log in is rediculous.
  • Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png