Kingdom Of Miscellania rework

doggy1

Just wondering why there is no real atmosphere in runescape for the gay community, as a gay man myself i feel there should be some element added for all people to make it more equal. 

why I think in kingdom of misc should have the option for the guys to marry the prince and the girls to marry the princess and the same in blood runs deep i feel this is fair for players and now days it should be more implemented, in skyrim you can marry same gender, why hasn't it been added into runescape? are jagex anti gay?

I suppose that's a fair point, but to be honest RuneScape is set in the Middle Ages and gay princes aren't exactly the sort of image that springs to mind (were there some?  I don't know).  Perhaps that's part of the reason.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

not anti gay, just status quo'd

also, as a "marriage of convenience" your character was never actually attracted to them in the first place and nothing meaningful really happens unless you choose those prompts ingame in the last quest

those characters are het though (we know this from their reaction if you swap between the initial quest and the next) so i'm not gonna try to force it now

would be nice to see something else in the future but ain't holding my breath or anything

8f14270694.jpg

RuneScape technically had transgendered marriage long before it was cool, even if it was just a joke. If you swap genders after starting the quest series, the person you married will say that they're no longer interested because you've changed, while the other will express that they find you all the more attractive.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

This came up a long time ago.  In fact, here's an old Tip.it post dealing with the matter.

I'd be willing to bet that there weren't any changes made to the quest due to the period setting; it's a medieval game in which you are often forced to marry someone else, mostly for the sake of continuing the bloodline.  Also, I doubt that Jagex wanted to broach that subject there and then with a bunch of teenagers.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I like that thread, homosexuality should be in the game, it is degrading to a gay man like myself to not feel equal in this game, soon as you say you are gay its just abuse, if jagex put in gay play in runescape then we would be more accepted into the game because it would be a regulaur thing :/

Just wondering why there is no real atmosphere in runescape for the gay community, as a gay man myself i feel there should be some element added for all people to make it more equal. 

why I think in kingdom of misc should have the option for the guys to marry the prince and the girls to marry the princess and the same in blood runs deep i feel this is fair for players and now days it should be more implemented, in skyrim you can marry same gender, why hasn't it been added into runescape? are jagex anti gay?

This is not a dating site.

Lol this thread and please the antigay argument? Ahahahahahahaha  x'D... Yeah I like forks, they're my favourite utensil, how could it not be? We use it and see it everyday, it's a tool with a glorious task, one that is neverending; oh what do I love the moments I can use my fork... There are no forks ingame. Omg does jagex hate me :'(. 

I want more plebs to get stuff for me. Fin.

Oh and forks, a fork store would be nice, you already have gay hairdressers and princes, SO UNFAIR. 

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I like that thread, homosexuality should be in the game, it is degrading to a gay man like myself to not feel equal in this game, soon as you say you are gay its just abuse, if jagex put in gay play in runescape then we would be more accepted into the game because it would be a regulaur thing :/

Judging by the number of times people just G.E.-standing use "gay" as an insult and gay slurs, I'm not sure it would be *that* easy, but it would be a good start.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

there doesn't really seem to be any other way to make it meaningful since it doesn't really come up that often, but I enjoy that it doesn't matter who I am as long as I can kill effectively and overlook how massive they made everybody's breasts

(the zaros gear is the first actually nice and semicustomizable override outfit that actually doesn't have giant boobs but good lord 1500 runecoins)

8f14270694.jpg

I say yes to love who you please and no to entitlement based on sexual preference or commitment to a religious institution.

Go start a gay clan, woopdeedoo, Jagex is not biased, you're ignorant to the community around you.

nice troll m8 

✿ ♥‿♥)

I think you may be taking this a little too far. You have to remember that it's just a video game. The main goal of a video game would not be to promote gay rights. They are two completely different ballparks. From a content point of view, Jagex has not stigmatized homosexuality, so I fail to see where the issue is. I would think there is something deeper that is wrong if you feel such a strong urge to publicly represent your sexuality in a computer game.

Edit: Just going to add in, when people use the word "gay" as an insult, they aren't using it to insult homosexuals. The word has multiple meanings remember, and you have to remember what context the word is used in. If I called a movie gay, I mean that the movie was not good, not that I hate homosexuals and the movie was as bad as being a homosexual. 

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

okay now this is flying off the rails, it's not like there's things like taxes or healthcare or actual marriage systems in rs

Oh, another good suggestion for misc. Tax my plebs! I can't believe it, they get their 75k EVERYDAY and they still complain. It's time for progress!

we have free healtcare at the bank m8 and there is only Zamorak.

✿ ♥‿♥)

frankly, those villagers are spoiled if they eat sharks for lunch on a regular basis

also, i have a lot of words about how using "gay" as a different meaning out of context as a negative term is still pretty bad but this is not the place for it

8f14270694.jpg

Oh, another good suggestion for misc. Tax my plebs! I can't believe it, they get their 75k EVERYDAY and they still complain. It's time for progress!

I thought the whole point of Miscellania was to let you tax peasants. They just cleaned it up a bit.

I thought the whole point of Miscellania was to let you tax peasants. They just cleaned it up a bit.

nah, it's tribute

as a representative of the monarchy, your authority is above the people, so the people don't have any say whatsoever in how you allocate resources beyond how hard they work

8f14270694.jpg

if jagex is anti gay, you can stop playing this game to show your outrage.

>wins thread

SHOW THEM OP!

Yeah, i'm not seeing the coffers fill up with precious gold, WHERES MY TAX MONEY!? They're on my land, it's an outrage! I provide their local allotments with poison ivy.

for I am a merciful king.

✿ ♥‿♥)

I'm offended that I have to get monogamously married to an NPC when she's friend-with-benefits quality at best. Jagex please change this to accomodate for me or I'll go apeshit

But yeah, the sexual orientation of a minor quest NPC is certainly what keeps me up at night. :P

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

The word gay is used out of context and it does make me feel and many people like myself that are gay very inadequite 

That just means that you are insecure.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”