Homosexuality in RuneScape

Jard_Y_Dooku

Before we start AT ALL:

Anyone getting out of hand forcing our discussion to be ended will be fed to Hannibal Lecter very sorry. Thank you for your cooperation.

Your first thought is probably: what is this topic about? Well, this focuses on homosexuality in RuneScape.

In the quest Throne of Miscellania, your character is married to the prince or princess depending on your gender. If you are male, you marry the princess. And vice versa. But what about homosexual people? What if you are male and want to marry prince whatshisname, or you are female and want to marry the princess? Do you think Jagex should allow same-sex marriage in that quest, and allow other homosexual conduct in RuneScape, based on the player's choice?

I'm interested to know what you all think. Should choices for homosexual people be added to the game? Also, post your religion and sexual orientation (in real life) if you don't mind, it would be interesting to see if there is a connection between your stance on this, and your religion.

For me:

Stance: No, don't add this

Religion: None/Atheist

Orientation: Heterosexual (straight)

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Stance: No, political correctness is way overboard as it is

Religion: Christian

Orientation: Hetero

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

It's just a game but it would allow people to make their characters more different. Though who would want to marry the prince (or the princess). Have you looked at either of them? If I didn't get a kingdom I would've just been like "screw you!" Oh and as for my religion, I don't believe in god. God is just a story to scare you into behaving like other people.

It seems pointless to do it. It just give more 4chan tards something to make funnies about in runescape.

To think that skirts on guys aren't bad enough?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

God is just a story to scare you into behaving like other people.

Religion is the opiate of the masses. ~ Karl Marx

I don't see any reason why Jagex would open this particular can of worms. Introducing homosexual marriage into the game would cause no end of problems and complaints from the users and their parents.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I don't think adding in homosexuality in the game would be a wise idea. It would offend some people, and considering the young player base, many parents may find the subject to be a bit too mature and deny their children access.

I have nothing against gay people and fully support their right to choose their partners, I just don't believe the issue has any place in the gaming industry. If they want to play a game geared towards including homosexuality there are always games like second life.

As far as religion, I'm personally agnostic as I don't believe in God, but I can't account for how the universe came into existence.

I also don't see how religion matters in this as religion is no excuse for intolerance.

Baal, skirts have been worn by men throughout history. They allow more freedom and range of movement than pants, and were favored by many armies, the romans, greeks, and scottish are just a few. It's only in modern times that they have become a feminine article.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

One of my friends is bi-sexual, & he doesn't want any special treatment from anyone at our school. It's not like it would make a huge difference in RuneScape if certain features were altered to support homosexuality. 'Relationships' are such a small part of RuneScape anyway. Nobody should find such a minuscule part of the game unnerving.

Stance: Who gives a damn.

Religion: None

Orientation: Straight

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

Stance: Its a very very difficult to deal with topic. Its not as simple to me as "yes, they should" or "no, homosexuals r teh sux0rz and god hates them". I support homosexual partnerships, which from a completely legal standpoint would be "married". However, I believe for two people to be "joined in the name of god" is a church issue. If its against the priest's religion to wed homosexuals, you can't force them to do that. I think two people who love each other should be able to be legally bound if they so choose, but getting into the religious aspect of this is about as efficient as putting out a fire with gasoline.

However, though I support it, I would say no. Simply because there would be too much controversy over putting this in the game. Especially since a lot of rs is very immature, and gay is an insult to them, not a sexual orientation. In my opinion, it would do more harm then good.

Religion: None/Atheist

It seems pointless to do it. It just give more 4chan tards something to make funnies about in runescape.

To think that skirts on guys aren't bad enough?

skirt armour > pant armour, especially for guys. The last thing you want on the battle field is a chafe in your fun place.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

homos are geh, ok?

i ................. severly dislike............... homos.

Fair enough. That's your personal prejudice/opinion.

Exactly WHAT does it contribute to the discussion?

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

I don't think adding in homosexuality in the game would be a wise idea. It would offend some people, and considering the young player base, many parents may find the subject to be a bit too mature and deny their children access.

I have nothing against gay people and fully support their right to choose their partners, I just don't believe the issue has any place in the gaming industry. If they want to play a game geared towards including homosexuality there are always games like second life.

As far as religion, I'm personally agnostic as I don't believe in God, but I can't account for how the universe came into existence.

I also don't see how religion matters in this as religion is no excuse for intolerance.

Baal, skirts have been worn by men throughout history. They allow more freedom and range of movement than pants, and were favored by many armies, the romans, greeks, and scottish are just a few. It's only in modern times that they have become a feminine article.

I don't see why people would be offended by it, and secondly how is homosexuality a "mature" subject? Homosexuality is a result of hormonal imbalances in the brain, which occurs AT BIRTH, so I don't see how it's a "mature" subject seeing as it exists from birth.

I agree on the skirts, although I'd much rather wear platelegs as they protect your shins whereas plateskirts don't.

Also, you can post your sexual orientation as well as your stance and religion if you don't mind.

homos are geh, ok?

LOOK! A HOMOPHOBIAC! :wall:

This is what I get for taking one step out of OT?

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

It has to be considered a mature subject when you are dealing primarily with young teens.

Considering jagex censors almost any word relating to homosexuality - from the word to slang words such as "poof" which is strictly a UK slang term. i would say it's nill to none that jagex plans to ever consider or contemplate this.

I have to admit, I dont think the general forum is mature enough to carry on this topic without it getting locked and people being stupid enough to get into trouble by saying dumb things, however some of the posts here have been surprisingly mature and well thought out, so for now I'm going to leave it open and see what happens.

Some groundrules:

Let's keep debating the religous morality out of it (go to off topic for that), let's keep your own phobias and fears out of it and lets not bash homosexual's in ANY way.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I agree on the skirts, although I'd much rather wear platelegs as they protect your shins whereas plateskirts don't.

That's what greaves are for.

homos are geh, ok?

Thank you, you've really proven what I was getting at with my post.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

It would be a dangerous move. Perhaps in 5 years or so when homosexuality is universally accepted it would easily fit in. Right now it would just cause an uproar; there are too many people still resisting homosexuality in the real world.

OH and also... *kicks Rapono back to RSOF* Seriously man, you're like the people in the 70's resisting black civil rights, you'll just look like a complete idiot in 30 years when they actually get their respect.

Oh forgot to say: Non-religious.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

It has to be considered a mature subject when you are dealing primarily with young teens.

Considering jagex censors almost any word relating to homosexuality - from the word to slang words such as "poof" which is strictly a UK slang term. i would say it's nill to none that jagex plans to ever consider or contemplate this.

I have to admit, I dont think the general forum is mature enough to carry on this topic without it getting locked and people being stupid enough to get into trouble by saying dumb things, however some of the posts here have been surprisingly mature and well thought out, so for now I'm going to leave it open and see what happens.

Some groundrules:

Let's keep debating the religous morality out of it (go to off topic for that), let's keep your own phobias and fears out of it and lets not bash homosexual's in ANY way.

Ooh, I forgot to put a warning for this, thank you for the reminder, Das. NOTE TO ALL: Anyone getting out of hand forcing our discussion to be ended will be fed to Hannibal Lecter. Thank you for your cooperation.

Like the mod said, I'm not sure they should be discussing homosexuality with thirteen year olds. :thumbdown:

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

stance: intellectually I accept that people have alternate lifestyles.

orientation: heterosexual

I'd rather talk about Jagex forcing us into gender roles. I want a purple coat from the frog prince!

Being female doesn't automatically *mean* that I am defined a certain way. I should have the right to choose what reward I want.

Just sayin'.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

I don't see why people would be offended by it, and secondly how is homosexuality a "mature" subject? Homosexuality is a result of hormonal imbalances in the brain, which occurs AT BIRTH, so I don't see how it's a "mature" subject seeing as it exists from birth.

Some people are severely homophobic. Others consider homosexuality a sin. To some a same sex partnership is utterly disgusting.

It's a highly controversial topic that has no place in a video game directed at young teens. They simply do not have the maturity to handle it. Now if this game were geared much more towards college aged people, I could see not censoring it and allowing it to be in the game, maybe. Still I don't think sexuality has any place in runescape.

As far as what you said about a hormonal imbalance, That's a complete fallacy. There is no evidence to support any genetic or physiological factors that determine one's sexuality. This is where the nature vs. nurture debate comes in.

A person will love who they love, and the simple fact that you believe homosexuality is a disorder point to you not being mature enough to handle this debate.

Honestly Jard, no offense, but I thought you had learned to research things before you say them when we were talking about nutrition.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

stance: intellectually I accept that people have alternate lifestyles.

orientation: heterosexual

I'd rather talk about Jagex forcing us into gender roles. I want a purple coat from the frog prince!

Being female doesn't automatically *mean* that I am defined a certain way. I should have the right to choose what reward I want.

Just sayin'.

I want the pretty princess dress to go with my tiara.

I do wear a skirt while pking though. So did the scottish, so no worries.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

mno, it simplily wouldn't fit the game era. it is supposed to be middle ages(ish) and in europe at that time homosexuality just was not accepted at all. It wouldn't make sense. But, if they do introduce it, i want my ak-47 :wall:

Y_Z.png

Historically the Roman empire and greeks partook in homosexual practices, actually it can date back before to that.

Abraham Lincoln

i was born and raised like this:

not like this:

tyvm.

if i had to do homo stuff as part of a quest, well, then i simply would not do that quest.

look, idk, be a homo all you want. just not around me. :shame: :shame: :shame:

ASR_logo_white.png

wannarace.jpg

i was born and raised like this:

not like this:

tyvm.

if i had to do homo stuff as part of a quest, well, then i simply would not do that quest.

look, idk, be a homo all you want. just not around me. :shame: :shame: :shame:

that's called stereotyping

not all people who are gay are flamboyant, in fact I bet you have someone close to you who is gay, and you don't even know it.

People like you are the reason there is so much hate in the world. Btw homo is the latin root meaning same, so every time you say homo you're just looking like more and more of an idiot.

[hide]

[/hide]