Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chronicle is out.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Tactical timing of cards played is everything.

I did a Linza vs Linza today all the way through I was cycling up a weapon with the plan to get off a powerful attack if I could but expecting it to be cannon fodder for the opponent whilst holding back a sgs and a nice set of boost cards.

Meanwhile they played a gold farming game and never once deviated so I knew chapter 5 their plan was to throw down a wep and boost it.

What did I do?

I abandoned ship on my sgs basically.

Threw down a jubbly in slot 1 basically wasting a move and getting some heals, already had an ok wep at 8 attack

They played their sgs with its 2 durability.

Slot 2 they played a mob to get some gold.

I played a dual.

Result? They are at 14 health with no sword - their slot 3 and 4 were both +3 attack damage to wep cards.

My slot 3? The one where you throw x2 wep attack at them for a cost of 3 durability.

They died.

My slot 4? I had a +2(3?) durability card as back-up incase we reached final fight so my sword would last.

What this fight showed fights nicely with the topic here at:

My opponent played the "Classic" obvious Linza strat - setup for a final sweep on the expectation early weapons will be lost. They did not deviate from this route at all, even though I hit them and was whittling health down early on.

Meanwhile I assumed they'd play that strat so went for cheap and easy damage early on. When they resolutely kept to the 'chapter 5 big weapon' strat I realised they aren't hassling me - I can build a bigger, better weapon early on, which I did whilst setting up my hand as best I could to purposefully counter their chapter 5. I knew in about chapter 3 I could sweep them easily if in turn 2 of chapter 5 I could make them break the weapon or at least weaken it because they did not adapt their tactics to the situation at hand.

For me the strategy you play should be something that is fluid and continually evolving.

Step 1 is when you pick your hero you establish a core aim of your strategy

Linza - build weapons

Raptor - build armour

Ariane - get a big hand

Ozan - farm gold

Step 2 is when you see who you are fighting you aid a 2nd core aim

Linza - make them break weapons

Raptor - hit them a lot

Ariane - Force them to play cards

Ozan - Stop them earning gold/keep my gold low

Crucially BOTH core aims most inform how you play from now on, not just stick to what core aim 1 dictates and ignore the opponents moves.

Step 3 is when you get your initial hand where you work out a rough strategy

These are the cards I have so the best thing I can do is X

But If I hold onto these I might be able to do Y

Step 4 a,b,c and d is adapting after each Chapter.

At the end of each chapter you evaluate what play style your opponent went for vs what cards you have and adapt your course accordingly.

They did X so I am better off to do Z now etc.

They are doing Y which means if I try to do X they will probably break my chain

etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

I'm a person of results .. when any of you beats my ranking I may agree that Linza needs gold.

The only gold-spending card I need is the one for +3 durability because .. [bleep] Raptor, that's why.

Attack boosting cards that give no durability are practically useless for Linza. The problem is not the attack. It's the durability. And she has at least 3 monsters I can think of right now that boost weapons. Put in 1-2 for an actual weapon. Culinaromancer because .. why not ? The penguin. Green Dragon .. there is no need for gold spenders really, unless ofcourse you want to draw bricks.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

I am a person of results also my results say your R-P-S thing is nonsense and that I have had need of more than 2 gold when playing Linza because it pays off to invest in stronger weapons.

By all means she CAN be played without gold, but playing her WITH gold yields much better results as you can get much stronger weapons for much stronger attacks.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • RSN:Sorator
  • RSN2:Zidian29
  • Clan:HYT

I like it. It definitely takes lots of features and ideas from Hearthstone, but it has its own unique gameplay. Definitely has potential.

Here's some beta keys for any other TIFers needing em (post when you use them, please!):

E1IF-UFKO-HO4B
0UG9-R18V-TMNM
NXR3-B2WR-OR3B

Edited by Sorator, 02 December 2015 - 11:11 PM.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

I'm a person of results .. when any of you beats my ranking I may agree that Linza needs gold.

I'll point out that one of the top ranking builds is currently a Linza build which certainly uses gold generation to pull out their win conditions. I had all sorts of scathing things I said in a previous revision that were not generous and unfair. Can I just ask one thing? Please don't start dragging this into a discussion of ranking as though that's be-all-end-all. If you actually have a greater insight into the game, cool, share it constructively. Don't just demean everyone you're talking to by making this a dick measuring contest. I respect your ranking. It obviously represents some level of skill. But there's no need to use it as a full-stop in discussion. No one benefits that way...at all.

It shouldn't be surprising that higher levels of play are highly distilled with less variety and everyone has matchups they'll lose or matchups they'll just win assuming both players are on equal skill/knowledge levels. That's when tech choices are key. So let's make this discussion more positive: what are you teching in to deal with Raptors lately as Linza? I haven't gotten into crafting much myself. Your insight'd be pretty valuable!

hzvjpwS.gif

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

I've been playing gold building Linza strats today. Ended up doing 4 back to back Linza vs Raptor.

I won 3/4 and I reckon I could've won the 4th but in chapter 4 they committed their turn really early and I had sound off and didn't notice until it locked me out just as I placed my first card and that chapter saw us go from pretty level pegging to me having like no health and no wep.

I've found I quite like the strat of getting an k weapon last turn of chapter, then in the following chapter play +3 wep attack, 2x wep attack dmg to enemy, +3 durability, 2x durability attack to opponent.

If you can pull it off you usually hit 10+ on both attacks, sometimes getting as high as 16 on the first hit which pretty much wipes out anyone unless you've managed to mess up and let Raptor get high armour without dropping much health.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

frogact
[ Display Name History ]

frogact

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,657 posts
  • RSN:Gone Frog
  • RSN2:Fe Soli

I like it. It definitely takes lots of features and ideas from Hearthstone, but it has its own unique gameplay. Definitely has potential.

Here's some beta keys for any other TIFers needing em (post when you use them, please!):

E1IF-UFKO-HO4B
0UG9-R18V-TMNM
NXR3-B2WR-OR3B

I used E1IF-UFKO-HO4B.

Thanks!!!

jfroggy

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

durability stacking is somewhat useless if you don't do anything with it, but...luckily, there's a four gold cost card you get when leveling up Linza that makes your weapon attack match durability...

might not be worth it though because in order to get durability you usually have to pay for it

besides holding out in your deck for either that card or throwing your weapon (which is just four cards, really) you're better off playing cheap weapon waste conga to build up resources/multiple cheap shots (if somebody's going after your weapons, maybe boost your attack instead?) until you can get enough sapphires to start crafting some of the more useful commons that actually do things with durability

in particular, trashing any garbage weapon for 10 armor is a huge boost

8f14270694.jpg

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers

E1IF-UFKO-HO4B
0UG9-R18V-TMNM
NXR3-B2WR-OR3B

Bah, I was too late again - these have all been used. Don't suppose anyone still has a spare they can PM me?

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • RSN:Sorator
  • RSN2:Zidian29
  • Clan:HYT

E1IF-UFKO-HO4B
0UG9-R18V-TMNM
NXR3-B2WR-OR3B

Bah, I was too late again - these have all been used. Don't suppose anyone still has a spare they can PM me?

Eh, I was afraid folks would use without posting. Sorry. :(

You can ask over here though!

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

Archangelx
[ Display Name History ]

Archangelx

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • RSN:ArchangeLx

Got my invite earlier today and have a couple more keys to give out :)

G8WZ-LAET-QGZR
PY28-UVCZ-UJU9

Posted Image

Free_Steel1
[ Display Name History ]

Free_Steel1

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

If there is anyone who still hasn't gotten a key and REALLY REALLY wants them, Humble Bundle is selling them as a part of the "Yogcast" bundle (No idea what it is)

Its $25 for a bunch of decent/good games, some DLC, and the key.

https://www.humblebundle.com/yogscast

free_steel.png
Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once -Julius Caesar (play)

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars

RNVE-C20W-0NTX
BHNH-0SK0-P3IJ
X4ZY-1MMP-58ZB

3 more keys if anyones still looking

late to the party hope the game is still active.

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users