Guide to Staying At The Barrows

wakka102

Guide To Staying At The Barrows

Introduction

My name is Wakka102 and this is the first guide I have ever made on any forum (so bear with me). I spent a day at the barrows and I felt that I should share this strategy with you as I have not seen it on LeesterÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Barrows guide or seen anybody at the barrows actually doing this. I will also tell you about other methods people use to staying at the barrows for extended periods. Keep in mind that this isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t a barrowÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s guide in its entirety. This guide is assuming you know the basics of the barrows which can be found on this site in the mini-game guide section of the main page. So read this guide, try it out for yourself, and enjoy!

The Strategy

First off, this is the inventory that I use:

inventorypic2vu.png

equipment2cd.png

Modifications, depending on your budget, can of course be made. The requirements are as follows:

55 slayer

60 magic

Bones to Peaches spell

Good armor

1.) Get this inventory together as best you can and head to the barrows using the path of youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re choosing.

2.) After arriving, make sure your best melee defense equipment is on.

3.) Head straight to Karil's Mound (the southern-most mound)

4.) Kill Karil with your melee stuff on. I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t seem to have a lot of trouble killing him but he is said to be very difficult. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t worry about your food. Try to save as much of it as you can though, as you will still need some but not much.

5.) After Karil is dead, equip your bow and ranger gear and head to Arhim's Mound (the middle mound)

6.) Kill Arhim, use food when needed. He should go down pretty quick with ranger gear on. If you are a low ranged level, then kill him with a melee weapon but make sure that you are still wearing good mage defense.

Note: If Karil or Arhim is your tunnel, make sure that you have a full inventory of food (kill some of the skeletons and rats around you if you need more) and open doors until you find the one that was your tunnel. Kill him and continue.

7.) After killing both Arhim and Karil. Start going into the other mounds looking for the tunnel. Go into a mound, if a brother pops up, then leave. Once you find the tunnel, go down.

8.) after heading down, proceed to the north-east corner of the dungeon. Here is a picture of were I am talking about:

barrowsmapfortheguidepng9ll.png

The reason for going to this location is because there are two safe spots here. Behind the rocks in the hallways (for a picture look in the barrows guide) and the other is in the room. You can catch the guy on the other side of the big rock in the room if you run around it.

9.) Begin to open either of the 2 doors in the north and east side of the room (both lead into hallways with safe spots) once a brother appears, jump behind a safe spot, mage him with ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åslayer dartÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

nice guide

1335752yv6.gif

[]*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè) ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâô (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*______Now Look Down

The%20Offical%20Pharaoh%20of%20Tip.it.png

it seems too easy that 4 brothers can appear in the tunnels

Barrows drops to date: ahrim's skirt, hood and top x 5. Dharoks legs top x 2 and helm. Guthan's legs and plate. torags plate x 2. verc's flail skirt brassard x 2. karil's x bow coif and top

1st d drop 03/03/06 d med in barrows

If the brothers are not killed in their crypt they will appear in the caves. It's been tested by me many many times. The only reason you have to kill arhim and karil is because the safe spots will not protect against them, as they are ranged.

If the brothers are not killed in their crypt they will appear in the caves. It's been tested by me many many times. The only reason you have to kill arhim and karil is because the safe spots will not protect against them, as they are ranged.

in which case i am glad i brought bones to beaches a few weeks ago.

Barrows drops to date: ahrim's skirt, hood and top x 5. Dharoks legs top x 2 and helm. Guthan's legs and plate. torags plate x 2. verc's flail skirt brassard x 2. karil's x bow coif and top

1st d drop 03/03/06 d med in barrows

Nice guide but

1. Most people don't have a mud staff, and i personally don't think that buying it is worth it.

2. I would use black dragonhide instead of kKaril's because it doesn't degrade.

This is exactly why under the pictures I state that this can be modified for your budget. This is just what I use and what is probably the best situation you can possibly be in. a piece of food can be sacrificed in order to fill the spot needed for the extra runes. Next time make sure to read the whole guide :P .

Good guide for those of us who are cheap and patient.

Two things, though:

1. You should mention what to do if you get Kharil or Ahrim in the tunnels (Yes I understand that you should simply kill them lol but it should be mentioned) and what you should do if a brother pops up before you can get to a safe spot.

2. Change the part that says "bare with me" to "bear with me" unless you actually want us to strip down with ya, lol. I usually don't care but the mental image of this typo was funny enough to comment on. :P

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

honestly I don't know if I'd want to go without prayer pots. or food better than lobs.

I've had dharock hit 90+ on me before, and without sharks to heal that's pretty much certain death if he hits again (and likely if he doesn't either way).

What I do is wear guthan and take runes to use ice spells on all the melee people.

When I get to the catacombs I go to dharock first and pray against melee, then go after ahrim (the prayer pots in case dharrock isn't there).

in between enemies i use guthan on the small things to heal, and after I get the chest I teleport to ice mountain, recharge prayer, then teleport to canifis.

I generally break even on runes, and never use more than 1-2 sharks or 1-2 doses of prayer a trip.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

honestly I don't know if I'd want to go without prayer pots. or food better than lobs.

I've had dharock hit 90+ on me before, and without sharks to heal that's pretty much certain death if he hits again (and likely if he doesn't either way).

What I do is wear guthan and take runes to use ice spells on all the melee people.

When I get to the catacombs I go to dharock first and pray against melee, then go after ahrim (the prayer pots in case dharrock isn't there).

in between enemies i use guthan on the small things to heal, and after I get the chest I teleport to ice mountain, recharge prayer, then teleport to canifis.

I generally break even on runes, and never use more than 1-2 sharks or 1-2 doses of prayer a trip.

This is probably a good method. But not everyone can afford these things. If you use the safespots you wont have to worry about dharok hitting that hard, as these safespots are easily accessed. Also, dharok only uses his specials depending on his hp and you will be in a safespot before you even do any damage at all to him.

My method is most likely the cheapest way for lower levels to do the barrows. Give it a try and you'll see that its not hard.

Good guide for those of us who are cheap and patient.

Two things, though:

1. You should mention what to do if you get Kharil or Ahrim in the tunnels (Yes I understand that you should simply kill them lol but it should be mentioned) and what you should do if a brother pops up before you can get to a safe spot.

2. Change the part that says "bare with me" to "bear with me" unless you actually want us to strip down with ya, lol. I usually don't care but the mental image of this typo was funny enough to comment on. :P

Thanks for this, I fixed both of them. helping to make the guide more complete :)

What if the ladder is in that room then?

If this happens its a bummer. If the one door out is the east or north door, you can still use this technique.

If its the south or west door, you won't have access to either of the outside corridors, and you will be using a safespot that is not guaranteed. (Meaning there won't be a door that has a safespot on both sides)

What I do (if its Dharok because I never do Dharok without prayer or a safespot) is open the doors, and if its on the wrong side of the door, I'll bail, make him disappear, and try again.

Yeah, this really is a pain.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

but what if u have karil or ahrim in tunnels because theyre not in there mounds?

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

What if the ladder is in that room then?

If this happens its a bummer. If the one door out is the east or north door, you can still use this technique.

If its the south or west door, you won't have access to either of the outside corridors, and you will be using a safespot that is not guaranteed. (Meaning there won't be a door that has a safespot on both sides)

What I do (if its Dharok because I never do Dharok without prayer or a safespot) is open the doors, and if its on the wrong side of the door, I'll bail, make him disappear, and try again.

Yeah, this really is a pain.

it is, but it doesnt seem to happen too often, and I typically get another brother spawn almost immediatly afterward.

but what if u have karil or ahrim in tunnels because theyre not in there mounds?
Just go down into the tunnel and open doors until it pops up and melee them. Since you would normally kill those brothers in their mounds anyway, its not much different then killing them with food in the tunnel. If you need more food then just kill some rats and skeletons.