Mega May - Meg's Cases | May Weekends | Port Boosts

Kaida23

Mega May - Meg’s Cases | May Weekends | Port Boosts

Welcome to Mega May – a bumper month of content with things to do for free players and RuneScape members. First up, log in each day and help the hapless Meg solve a series of detective cases across Gielinor. Secondly, take advantage of four May Weekends – each bringing a different series of in game bonuses and XP offers to RuneScape. Thirdly, get into Player-Owned Ports with month-long boosts and check out the fantastic lion outfit in Solomon’s Store. Bring it on!

Ironmen Note - all of the mega may activities are also available for Ironmen.

Meg's Cases | Detective Agency

People and possessions are going missing across Gielinor and Meg (of player-owned ports 'fame') is paying attention. She has set up her own detective agency and is offering her services to uncover anything that smells fishy in Gielinor. The only catch is she’s not exactly experienced in these matters – can you help her?

Available for both free-to-play and RuneScape members

How to start
Log in to the game and click the Mega May pop-up to see today’s case. Members can also be assigned a case by talking to Meg her new office in player-owned ports (use the portal in Port Sarim).

Get your detective hat on every day from now until the end of the month and help Meg solve Gielinor’s mostly pressing cases. Solving each of these mini-mysteries does not take long and will reward you with XP lamps, rewards and cosmetics like an awesome sock puppet which can even replace your chat head! Here are some examples:

mega_may_some_rewards.JPG

A new case will be available every day until the end of May but don’t worry if you miss a day- you can catch up on any cases that you have missed along the way until the event ends on 13th June at 23:59.

So, fire up those little grey cells and channel your inner Sherlock - enjoy!

May Weekends – new bonuses each weekend this month

Enjoy a series of bonus weekends running each Friday from 12:00 UTC until each Monday at 12:00 UTC. Different bonuses will be available each weekend, so log in and look for the May Weekends interface to see what is getting a boost.

For the first weekend, enjoy the following from 6th May at 12:00 UTC until 9th May at 12:00 UTC:

Increased node spawn and double reward points in Runespan
Double chance to find relics, sceptre of the gods and Black Ibis gear in Pyramid Plunder
Enriched wisps spawn every 10 mins, instead of 20
Divination springs last twice as long
Fishing spots move half as often
Big Chinchompa base XP +50%
Agility course lap bonus XP +50%
Flatpacks are created in noted form
Cooking burn chances reduced by 5%
Chance to save a secondary ingredient with Herblore 2%

Player-Owned Ports - month long boosts

Even though Meg may seem somewhat distracted by her detective agency, your player-owned ports will actually be running super smoothly this May. Enjoy the following bonuses that will run from 3rd May at 23:59 UTC until Monday 1st June at 23:59 UTC:

Ability to run 25 standard player-owned ports voyages per day (instead of the usual 15)
+30% normal Resources and Trade Goods
Surula special voyage available on Saturday and Sundays, as well as on Thursdays as per usual.

In Other News

Wondering what's been going on with NXT? Check out Mod Philip's NXT update thread for full details of everything we've tweaked since the beta.

Remember - you can also check out full patch notes for this update in the forum thread.

Solomon’s General Store | Lion Outfit

Majestic, vicious and royal – show that you are all these things and more by picking up the Lion Outfit from Solomon’s Store.

Click the image below to see a larger version.
rs_manticorelion.jpg

This week's live streams

Each week we stream developer Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full schedule on our Twitch channel. Check our YouTube channel too for videos you may have missed, including the River of Blood and The Arc art showcase.

This week take a first look at a much-anticipated Invention update, a God Wars Dungeon 2 mass and loads more!

Tuesday, 2nd May| 16:00 Game Time | Developer Q&A – Invention Tech Trees

May sees a much-anticipated update to Invention - all-new blueprints, helpful items, and your choice of Dwarven or Goblin Technology. Find out more this Tuesday!

Post your questions on the forums, Reddit, or by using #RSDevQA on Twitter!

Tuesday, 2nd May | 20:00 Game Time | Helwyr Mass with Mod Shauny

Mod Shauny takes on his final GWD2 boss - can you help him defeat the mighty Helwyr? Join him on-stream this Tuesday!

Wednesday, 3rd May | 08:30 Game Time | Good Morning Gielinor

We'll be back on the sofas pitting another JMod against the mighty Queen Black Dragon in our JMod vs. Boss speed-run challenge (Mod Shogun this week). We’ll also be showcasing the best stuff you guys are producing so don't miss it!

Sunday, 8th May | 19:00 Game Time | PvM with Mod Lee!

Mod Lee will be hosting some Community PvM goodness live on Twitch.

JMod Snapchat takeover – Mod Campbell – Thursday!

After Mod Ollie’s nerf-gun-filled, Ramen-trolling debut on our Snapchat account, we’re letting Mod Campbell loose. If you’ve ever watched our GameBlast charity live streams, you’ll know this isn’t something you want to miss.

Follow us at ‘runescapegame’ on Snapchat, and share your favourite screenshots using #JModSnapchatTakeover on Twitter and Instagram!

[spoiler=Patch Notes]
Graphical
  • The cliff south west of Paterdomus now appears to be less traversable.
  • Zachory Bragg now has the correct headgear in his chat head.
  • Removed some rogue curtains in Mazcab.
  • Duncan the Navigator has now updated the player-owned ports map to include camel warriors island.
  • Removed the Ardougne Chronicle players, so they will no longer clip with the NPCs during a cutscene in the Bringing Home the Bacon quest.
NXT
  • Entrana can no longer be seen from the nearby coasts.
  • Ape Atoll can no longer be seen from the Void Knight Outpost.
  • Increased the click area for the light creature summoning familiar.
  • Increased the click zone for Pure Energy in the RuneSpan.
  • Fixed an issue where flying Ahrim in the Rise of the Six encounter had a very small click zone.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
  • The missing Burgh de Rott citizens have returned home, following the events of the quest River of Blood.
  • It is now possible to reclaim the Myreque shortcut key by attempting to reopen one of the locked doors after the events of the quest Lord of Vampyrium.
  • Players who've completed the quest River of Blood will now have the extra two plinths at the memorial show up more reliably after waiting the required number of days.
  • Drakan's medallion no longer uses up a charge when teleporting from inside the tomb of Ivandis Seergaze.
  • Players can no longer acquire another refined daeyalt ore from the refinery after the quest River of Blood, as there is no use for it.
  • Corrected a typo when speaking to Veliaf at the Myreque memorial.
  • The completionist and master quest cape requirement for completing the Myreque memorial has been extended to include helping Veliaf to move on.
  • Uncovering the secrets of haemalchemy is now a master quest cape requirement.
  • Players can once again change their vyre title and get advice from Vanescula on how to increase reputation with them after completing the quest River of Blood.
  • Players can now keepsake the non-augmented non-broken versions of all Sunspear types.
  • Augmented magic and melee versions of Sunspears can now award undead components when disassembled.
  • The final boss in the quest River of Blood has had its combat stats buffed slightly and lifepoints increased too.
  • The monks of Zamorak at Paterdomus temple now correctly display their weakness to bolts while under attack.
  • Augmentation dissolvers can now be used on augmented Sunspears.
  • Vampyre juveniles and juvinates will move on from South East Meiyerditch after the quest River of Blood is completed.
  • Sir Owen will no longer occasionally die to the Black Knight guards in the quest Death of Chivalry.
Other
  • The Lily of the Valley has once again come into bloom, and will disappear with the next game update.
  • Kharyll can once again be viewed from the scrying pool within a player-owned house.
  • Challenge NPCs will no longer hand out compass pieces from last year’s road trip event.
  • Ironmen can no longer enter the Corporeal Beast's non-instanced encounter the first time they attempt enter the cavern.
  • Repairing a superior reefwalker's cape at the player-owned ports workbench will no longer convert it into the non-superior variant.
  • Portable sawmills no longer generate protean planks when used.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

This nonsense update gets the full thread treatment, but River of Blood, a Grandmaster level quest, gets nothing? Why no Vyre love?

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

This nonsense update gets the full thread treatment, but River of Blood, a Grandmaster level quest, gets nothing? Why no Vyre love?

Simply because noone bothered to post it =/..

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I can only do so much. :( I remember once upon a time when the minute updates were announced there would be as many as three discussion threads posted. Anyone can post them you know, don't be shy Miss Kozlov. ;)

But you're not entirely wrong that it's nonsense. I did the first two of Meg's cases last night and my reaction was a resounding "meh". I was really hoping these would be more like the Cryptic Clue Fests of old, but so far it's just "go here and run around a bit". I realize they had to come up with content for a whole month of these, but so far they're not exactly blowing my skirt up.  <_<

• Like 1

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Noted flat packs + protean planks = 99 construction here I come this weekend

Also, gonna agilitize some. Wonder if the +50% bonus xp stacks with clan hour bonus? If so could be good xp with bonus + shb

Todays case was the most stupid thing ever.

Omg Skippy is missing, let investigate!

Hhmmm a vial, skippy has vials.

Hmmm a chime coin, EASTERN LANDS OCCURED

Hmmm a boot with foot prints leading in to the ocean

Well Skippy walked off into the ocean with some random person, case closed, Skippy is in the ocean.

Aren't I just the best detective ever.

Where is my pay cheque?

Oh wait you wanted me to FIND the missing person?

In the ocean with someone from the Eastern Lands is not precise enough?

You want me to actually see Skippy and discover who he went off with and why?

Well lady you came to the wrong detective agency, we deal with the where and absolute nothing more and I can say with at least 25% certain based on 3 items I found on the beach that Skippy is in the ocean.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well Skippy walked off into the ocean with some random person, case closed, Skippy is in the ocean.

Where is my pay cheque?

Well lady you came to the wrong detective agency, we deal with the where and absolute nothing more and I can say with at least 25% certain based on 3 items I found on the beach that Skippy is in the ocean.

Apparently it's only part I...don't worry, maybe in the second part we'll actually formulate some of those hypotheses..  :rolleyes: . These are turning into annoying and alarmingly short pixel hunts and I'm not really enjoying it.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Where is my pay cheque?

Apparently it's only part I...don't worry, maybe in the second part we'll actually formulate some of those hypotheses.. :rolleyes: . These are turning into annoying and alarmingly short pixel hunts and I'm not really enjoying it.

That was my entire 2014 with Runescape.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Click the image below to see a larger version.
rs_manticorelion.jpg

[JOJO INTENSIFIES]

Appart from the head, it doesn't really resemble a Lion/Lioness in any way.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

To be fair, River of Blood was a pretty nonsense quest that was not worthy of the mantle of GM, like a lot of recent so-called GM quests.

Anyways yeah, Meg Cases are a filler update, like the Myreque Memorial. Thankfully this isn't a req for anything and optional, though worth doing and quite easy.

And somehow stuff like collecting vampyre dolls can be a comp req.

I think the main issue is that these cases are time-limited comment so I don't know how they would handle reqs...

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I think the main issue is that these cases are time-limited comment so I don't know how they would handle reqs...

If you didn't play in may 2016 you can never comp....ever.

Problem solved!

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Problem solved!

It makes the cape more exclusive, and is therefore automatically a great idea. I am in favor.

Problem solved!

It makes the cape more exclusive, and is therefore automatically a great idea. I am in favor.

Can we throw in some absurdly RNG based requirements too? More exclusivity!

I thought that was the point of Boss Pets?

The threshold boss pets aren't super RNG (and have a threshold mechanic that actaully improves your chances as you do more kills, to a limit). Also, they aren't a Comp or Trim requirement. (Which is actually a good thing). 

The more of these cases I do the more I hope the pr line about using our investigative skills from these cases in Kindred Spirits is just pr.

Because my god these cases are the dumbest thing ever - we've had a case whose entirety consisted of talking to Aggie for Zaros sake! And most of the other cases are so illogical it hurts, Sally was kidnap at the mine? Let me look into it. Hmmm this random stone pillar in the corner of the mine full of scorpions has claw marks on it. By joves I've got it! The scorpions kidnapped Sally! I best kill one.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The sock puppet made me laugh. So far these cases have been extremely quick... I wonder if they will get longer when it leads up to the end...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

The more of these cases I do the more I hope the pr line about using our investigative skills from these cases in Kindred Spirits is just pr.

Because my god these cases are the dumbest thing ever - we've had a case whose entirety consisted of talking to Aggie for Zaros sake! And most of the other cases are so illogical it hurts, Sally was kidnap at the mine? Let me look into it. Hmmm this random stone pillar in the corner of the mine full of scorpions has claw marks on it. By joves I've got it! The scorpions kidnapped Sally! I best kill one.

I was at a loss to do the skeleton one in Edgeville dungeon until I misclicked a skeleton and one-shotted it for the statuette lol...

• Like 1

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I was at a loss to do the skeleton one in Edgeville dungeon until I misclicked a skeleton and one-shotted it for the statuette lol...

Same thing happened to me. I was helping my son go through it and he got attacked by the skeleton (or misclicked and attacked it, not sure) and we were both surprised when the statuette dropped. Some indication that you had to kill a skeleton would have been nice.