High alch of rare item likely ?

noobnoob

I have heard of it before but i think it is all [cabbage].

How would someone of the right mind high alch their rare just to reduce the total rare in rs so as price will appreicate faster ?

I would think it is a trick to con other 'no brainer' to high alch their rare.

By accident maybe true, purposely i dont believe a cent of it.

What do you think ?

Hereby like to hear for fellow forumers.

bikini+boybo.png

Buying runite ore 11.6k and runite bar 13.6k

A 100% f2p who believe in hard work and not begging

its all a hoax me nd my mate saw this lvl 45 in members world saying he alched his mask's so he showed us his mask and then he alchs and then shows us his money...no word of a lie i thought it was real but i noticed the prices never went down..so the trick is he alchs the mask (pretend) and then he goes to the west bank in varrock ang goes i alched my mask's ans im selling my last 1 for 18mil this was a green mask btw so we go to him and ask him and ask him to show us his masks..and this bit made me laugh my head of he accidently put out all his mask's which he said he alched lmao i was laughing my head of and then goes ohh there were my spares..so realli its all a load of "cabbage" lol

\../, ( * . * ) ,\../

In theory it workds. I thou think that the prices will not fluctay enough to earn the gp back. I am not sure but i think they high alch for an amazing 0 gp.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

alching your blue party hat and refusing to sell it is pretty much the same thing, wht would you rather do?.. :wink:

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

You want to know how would someone react? Well, a dude that alched his green phat spammed the rares forum on rune for about an hour posting lots of stupid things, swearing, filling the entire page with topics of: "I ALCHED MY GREEN PHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", " YOU ARE ALL MORONS GIMME BACK MY PHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", etc, etc...

Poor guy :/

diosesgif11vg.gif

Pkmario

Porygon 64

Black Charlizard

It would very slightly affect the market as one is eliminated and they cant all last forever.

Pier pressure?

I can just see you being threatened by a wharf or jetty because you're a teleporter. Yes, I can see a large wooden wharf uprooting itself from the shore, walking over to you and slapping you in the back of the head for teleporting.

:lol:

I say make it untradeable! That will show them *sneers* Ive personally seen my friend alch a party hat, as I stood behind his computer chair, I called him a complete and utter idiot and he laughed. Of course, this was a good 4 years ago. :P I hope he's proud

They were only about a few thousand back then. So really not that much of a big deal.

Accidental alching has probably raised the prices of rares some, but i would think the big thing is people that are banned with rare items, and people that just stop playing and leave rare items in their bank.

I agree with this guy. Leave rares is wrose than high alching. It raise them leap and bounds.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

I think the price of rare is more dependent on demand and supply.

Disc of return and pumpkin can be fewer then santa or mask but their price do not seems to appreicate much faster then them.

Possible reasons for phat to go up fastest could be

1) They can be wear on the head to show off

2) They come in a set so much more fun collection as a set

3) They are fewer in numbers and most players dream to own them knowing of the possible profit that could comes with it.

4) They are the earliest wearable items available

5) Many are lost in the earlier days when most do not keep them or just sell them for little profit.

Lastly, I think so far all forumer have agreed that high alch of rare is a stupid crab as a whole.

bikini+boybo.png

Buying runite ore 11.6k and runite bar 13.6k

A 100% f2p who believe in hard work and not begging

one of my friend's offered to give me some rare's but i like alching things so i warned him....

needless to say he didn't give me anything :lol:

to some ppl this game isnt about pixels

Accidents happen, but to raise the price just have a mass number of rare owners refuse to sell their rares, then the demand will increase the more the supply decreases. You will also still have a rare to prance around with. :D

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Actually refusing to sell is a much better option than alching;

You keep it -->

You wear it -->

You are idolised -->

People like how good you look -->

People buy a Phat to look as cool as the person had looked -->

More demand, less supply (You're refusing to sell) -->

Prices to go up. -->

Same purpose as alching is achieved

In theory, If you bought 2 rare items of the same type, then alched 1 of them, there would be an increase in price (basic supply and demand).

But realistly, you would need to alch, I don't know exactly, 100 masks for your 1 mask left to be worth significantly more.

And anyway, if there is less supply, demand will evently lose interest...