did i screw myself over?

flamestrike

so last uhhhhh march 14th... tuesday at like 9 pm i fractured my elbow. This blows and im in the lacrosse season right now so i havent been able to practice lax, or lift at all since bending my elbow is a [bleep]. They gave me a splint(fake remoavable cast) and a sling. Well i stuck to wearing i alot for the first few days. But once it got to the weekend and i went out i left it off and used my elbow as much as i could. so since the weekend i havent been wearing it at all. Ive been home two days cause im sick and i just noticed, when i try to bend my arm i cant put it into a straight line like i used to/my other arm can but it still kinda hurts if i bend it, so did i [bleep] up the healing process and im not gonna be able to do pushups and crap ever again because i cant bend it that way, or is it gonna keep healing and fix. i wanted to see if i could even go in push up stance, nope it blows and i dont want to have a [bleep]ed up elbow. suggestions and advice?

Go see a doctor. Right now.

Ignore medical advice at your peril. I wouldn't like to speculate at what you've done, but I'd see a doctor ASAP, boomerang arms.

Lol Bubsa! :lol:

Yeah, just go fast FAST FAST FAST see a doctor!

Now! Go go go!

~komodo

komododabst3cn.png

It can't bend because of swelling maybe? I dunno I'm not a doctor. But do as suggested, go see your doctor ASAP.

My elbow has been bad since I broke it 17 years ago. Hurts every so often (it swells up a bit and I can't bend it straight when it gets sore) and I'm rubbish at throwing. Bends funny too, but that's probably because I'm double jointed :P

sig2ho7.jpg

I broke my arm playing football and had to have surgery. After surgery they put me in a temporary softcast until the swelling went down. I only had the softcast for three days in which I played football with my buds without gear. I got my hardcast then after six weeks got that off and got rexrayed. Turns out it had healed with one of the bones straight and the other not. Oop. Doctor said it would be alright and would straighten out in a year or two as I grew anyways. Whew.

so last uhhhhh march 14th... tuesday at like 9 pm i fractured my elbow. This blows and im in the lacrosse season right now so i havent been able to practice lax, or lift at all since bending my elbow is a wonderful person. They gave me a splint(fake remoavable cast) and a sling. Well i stuck to wearing i alot for the first few days. But once it got to the weekend and i went out i left it off and used my elbow as much as i could. so since the weekend i havent been wearing it at all. Ive been home two days cause im sick and i just noticed, when i try to bend my arm i cant put it into a straight line like i used to/my other arm can but it still kinda hurts if i bend it, so did i * up the healing process and im not gonna be able to do pushups and crap ever again because i cant bend it that way, or is it gonna keep healing and fix. i wanted to see if i could even go in push up stance, nope it blows and i dont want to have a * up elbow. suggestions and advice?

You sound like an athleat. One big skill all athleat should learn, never ever push yourself when you have an injury. You should of known not to take it off. I Suggest like Bubsa, go to the doctors, like as soon as possible, like today... And dont even think of using it (ie, get people to help you up and downstairs and open doors with your other arm.)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Wow i just broke(chipped) my elbow a couple of weeks ago:)

I sat in class for a whole period just holding it.

Went to the doctors they gave me a sling nd thats all. I can move it now i can not bend it fully. I'm not suppose to be able to bend it fully for about 5-10 weeks. Then it will be as good as new

You sound like an athleat. One big skill all athleat should learn, never ever push yourself when you have an injury. You should of known not to take it off. I Suggest like Bubsa, go to the doctors, like as soon as possible, like today... And dont even think of using it (ie, get people to help you up and downstairs and open doors with your other arm.)

Agreed, never push yourself. I tore my rotator cuff two years ago and went to the doctors, they did X-Rays, and they told me I should sit out the rest of the American Football season, I covinced the doctor I could finish the season. Bad idea, as soon as the season was done I went in for two surgeries. One on the shoulder, went through the physical therapy and all that. As soon as that was done went right in for knee surgery as my knee randomly would dislocate and my cartilidge was pulling away from the bone. The knee problem I had for a while and just kept putting it off, I knew I needed surgery.

IN THE END! (I know you've been wondering, "WHEN WILL IT BE OVER?") My point being is, I severely suffered as an athlete, I stopped playing football, basketball, and all those. Only thing I play now is football (soccer), and I had to rigorously workout once all the healing had finished to get myself back in shape and had to try to rebuild my strength. So go see a doctor and do not take off your cast/splint again.