Pink Floyd Topic

Sunwarriord

I don't know what's so great about them. I loathe the guy's vocals.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

~komodo

boogie... * u dont even listen to them.. every time i see u listening to music on msn its something to do with dragons or mytical stuff... the names of the songs u listen to are so f'ed... its like music i'd expect a person wearing a final fantasy costume or one of those people u see at "costume-con" festivals to listen to.

Roger and David are one two of the most recognized voices in music...

i dunno.. im just to over-protective..

but seriously.. the names of the songs u listen to boogie.. YTF?!

So? It sounds good, and that's what music is, sound. Just like when you said you were listening to Dimmu Borgir for the instrumentals, not the lyrics. And really, that's far from all I listen to. haha

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone here besides me watch them at pompeii?.. the dvd/vhs?

Yea, it's good.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Yeah my friend has the Pompeii DVD. Its good and cool to see them so young. Was done a long time ago.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Because everybody is saying fav. songs: Interstellar Overdrive is my fav. Floyd song.

BTW, what do you guys prefer?

Floyd with Barrett or Floyd with Gilmour.

21o4pav.jpg

Gilmour ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I don't think the band would still be touring if it had Barret in it instead of Gilmour, lol.

21o4pav.jpg

Nah, it wouldn't as Barrett has been living as a hermit since halfway (?) '70's and just can't work with the band.

21o4pav.jpg

Not litteraly as a hermit. But he didn't have much contact with the outside world. I think his only connection to the 'real' world is a close familie member. He lives in Cambridge.

21o4pav.jpg

Because everybody is saying fav. songs: Interstellar Overdrive is my fav. Floyd song.

I like Floyd with Gilmour. He was definetly the greater guitarist. I just bought Piper at the Gates of Dawn a few days ago and love it. But wtf is with "the gnome" song? sounds like the Beatles would pull out of their [wagon]. overall the album is good, Instersteller Overdrive is one of my favorite instrumentals now. And thats pretty good for a bands first album.

Obviously Gilmour. I prefer Saucerful of Secrets to Piper. And most of the one's that followed are better.

What's everyone's least favorite album? I'd say mine's probably a Momentary Lapse of Reason...But I don't really know The Final Cut or UmmaGumma that well...I mean, I've heard them both, but not near as many times as any of the other albums.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Not litteraly as a hermit. But he didn't have much contact with the outside world. I think his only connection to the 'real' world is a close familie member. He lives in Cambridge.

Its like locking your self at you mothers house and dont get out... in Cambridge :D

It was his Zen fase... :P

Gilmour ^.^

~komodo

komododabst3cn.png

Everyone should check out "Obscured by Clouds" by Floyd - It was a soundtrack for some French movie and it's totally overlooked, but an awesome album.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Gimour for me, but i like Syd as well...

IM WAITING FOR THE PULSE DVDS :| thats gunna be heaven.

Waiting?... Pulse has been out on DVD for years :-/

Edit: looks like they are re-releasing it later next year with new features and stuff.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Gimour for me, but i like Syd as well...

IM WAITING FOR THE PULSE DVDS :| thats gunna be heaven.

Waiting?... Pulse has been out on DVD for years :-/

Edit: looks like they are re-releasing it later next year with new features and stuff.

It has been out on VHS. Everybody is waiting for the DVD-release, orignally it would've been released last year, but they keep pushing the date. I believe it's set for august or september this year now.

21o4pav.jpg

Seriously when that giant mirror-ball comes down.. :| its like ... un describable*... if i was there during that song i would of killed myself of over-joy.

Sunwarrior: Not sure if it's out yet, but I tend to think their solo albums are much inferior to the actual band albums, even though I've had a nice surprise with Water's Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking and with Barret's albums.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me