New Use For Frog Tokens!!

ralfoy1

Well after reading a couple of posts talking about new items for the frog tokens we have sitting in our bank...it got me thinking.

Why not give us rs players a new and fun use for our tokens. :)

Well you will need to have the Prince (or Princess) Full Robe. So after you have your full robe, go back to the Varrock Clothes Seller,Thessalia, and start a conversation with her.

*here's the dialouge*

YOU: "Hey Thessalia, just got another Frog Token and I'd like to get another piece of clothing please!" :D

Thessalia: "Erm...Actually...I don't have any new stocks of clothes." :?

YOU: :x "DANG! Now what am I going to do with this worthless token?!" :cry:

Thessalia: "Jeeze I do feel bad with your HUGE dilemma but I may have a well have a soultion!"

YOU: "No Way!!! Thanks a bunch, can i have it???" :twisted:

Thessalia:"Eaaaasy there killer. Well, I'll have to go talk to (the witch lady next door) to help me...mm...'unlock' what I need. While you wait can you go down to Port Sarim and pick up my shipment of some new fabulous fabric!!! :P Yea..just bring it back here and I'll give you some coins.

YOU: "Alright whatever" :roll:

So you walk down to Port Sarim and get the clothes from one of them guys that go from and back to Karamja and he'll gladdly give you the boxes of clothes, no charge.

Take the box back, and talk to Thessalia again.

YOU: "Here's your box. Now you were saying something about a soultion to my probl...."

-interepting-Thessalia: "Yeah actually I did. Take a walk with me to the back of the shop."

CUT SCENE TAKES YOU TO THE LADDER OF THE SHOP AND YOU GO DOWNSTAIRS(New ladder opition for the shop)

You are now in a strange swampy, marshy type area. Bugs and frogs pretty much everywhere. Some frogs do attack on sight first time you go down there...kill like 5 and they'll pretty much never attack you again. Drops are pretty much the same each time, frog bones which can be burried for a small 2 exp each bone. Also, some how they drop air, water and plain tiaras with a 5:1 drop rate of them. A very rare drop would be identified toadflax (karma :lol:) once outta every 100 frogs killed. The frogs are easy only level 32 combat with 14 hit points so they will not cause a problem to anyone over 15 combat.

Talk to Thessalia again.

YOU: "You should have told me that I would have to fight some frogs down here! I would have brought my pet cat to gobble these critters up!

Thessalia: "O sorry, if I thought it would be a problem for you, I woulda brought my Bronze Two Hander to fight them." :roll:

YOU: :x

Thessalia: "O shut up, just keep going down that northern path over that until you run into the King Toad."

You head down the path and you see the swampy area turn more elegant and graceful as you walk by. It turns into a medieval type castle room with paintings everywhere and suits-of-armor that would only fit a frog. :)

As you walk to the King, you will start a conversation with him.

KING FROG(KF): "Hello adventurer, what brings you to my swampy palace?"

YOU: "Well I have been gathering these Frog Tokens and all I can use them for are the same 'ol suits. I was kinda wondering if I could use them on anything else?"

KF: "Hmm...not a usual request. Usually I just wait do trade-offs with Sally and give her these Prince Suits in return with these valuable coins. I suppose I can up the prizes, getting the same suit everytime must be pretty boring. Alright, for a mezzly 5 Frog Tokens I will give Sally much more valuable prizes. Do we have a deal??"

Click *yes

Suddenly you are teleported to Thessalia and when you have all 5 tokens, bring them to Thessalia and she will gladly go back down to Frog-Land and receive the new prizes for you. When she shows you the new prizes, you notice that they are....

#1 New Prize.

Frog Tounge

Allows the player to have a frog tounge to spit out at other players around RS!

Cost: 3 Tokens

#2 New Prize.

Frog Ring

Allows the player, instead of walking normally, to hop everywhere you want but at the same speed as walking.

Cost: 3 Tokens

#3 New Prize.

Frog Storage Kit

Allows the player to store all the frog items you've obtained from Sally in one little green box, so you will not lose that much bank space that us members and f2p's love! :)

Cost: 5 Tokens

#4 New Prize.

Frog Amulet

Must be wearing Frog Tounge and Frog Ring at the same time with ammy. As you put it on, you turn into a frog for however long that you'd like! Experience your RS life in the eyes of a frog! Burn logs as a frog! Cut trees as a frog! Cook frog...as a frog! It's up to you!

Cost: 10 Tokens!!!

This is what I'd like to see instead of having the same ol' crummy prizes.

Rate\Love\Flame

Just read it thru and give me your thoughts! :D

Edits/Questions:

EDIT 1

Thessalia is the girls name. =] Thanks sprites.

QUESTION 1

Q: Will you be able to equip weapons and armor as a frog?

A: No. :? From thinking about this for a whie, I am pretty sure you would look stupid with weapons and armor as a frog. So this means all combat related skills cannot be done while you are a frog.

QUESTION 2

Q: Would there be a limit to the number of items you can get?

A: No, you can have unlimited amounts of items that you want EXCEPT the Frog Storage Kit. (how many storage kits would you need? :lol:)

QUESTION 3

Q: Would this be a limited time offer?

A: No.

QUESTION 4

Q: Would these items be tradeable?

A: No. Just like the other frog items.

QUESTION 5

Q: 'Will the frog tongue be a weildable weapon like the rubber chicken? how will that work? it would be wicked if it had the range of, say, a shortbow.'

A: The frog tongue will go in the helmet category and it would look like a long, stretchy...tongue. Yes, for you users who did not get their rubber chicken, you can use the tongue to use a 'whack-like' opition.

EDIT 2

Just thought of this great idea! :D If you want to thieve as a frog, you can use your tongue to shoot across 2 units away and you can steal the item!

This allows stealing to be a bit more fun and a less chance of being caught by guards!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey some of your ideas about the token prizes seem fair enough and could increase the fun factor of the o'so boring frog tokens.
Thanks for you input..O yea

Nice Lil' Wayne lyric in your sig. Definatly best song on his album.

Hey some of your ideas about the token prizes seem fair enough and could increase the fun factor of the o'so boring frog tokens.
Thanks for you input..O yea

Nice Lil' Wayne lyric in your sig. Definatly best song on his album.

Off-topic:

I think all of his songs are hits :D

On-topic:

Are you a member? You should put this on the official boards.

gors2.gif

I really like your idea about the King Frog. I would love to have a frog hop emote like you suggested!

But I think when you said Sally you meant thessalia of varrock clothes shop.

Plus it would reward the more experienced players, since they would have the most tokens.

I stopped collecting after I had 9 tokens. :P

tablw5.png

Kill corporate radio. http://www.killradio.org

You put so much thought into this. I love how you actually THOUGHT about the prizes and how many tokens they should cost. Most people just post things like, "Hey I think we should have more frog token prizes". You even put a story behind it! I see only minor flaws. 1) Can a frog hold a sword or shield (Do they even have hands :P ) 2) Would there be a limit to the number of these items you could have 3)Would this be a limited time offer 4) Would these items be tradeable? Besides these very minor flaws, I'd say that you wrote a darn good suggestion. I'd like to shake your hand and call you a thinker! Congrats!

PS: None of this post was written with sarcasm. I really do think that this was an amazing idea.

paymentscm7.png

lmao!! ralfoy1, i think you are my new idol! (well, not really idol, kinda..) i love this idea! not only is it witty and hilarious, but its so much fun!

one question, will the frog tongue be a weildable weapon like the rubber chicken? how will that work? it would be wicked if it had the range of, say, a shortbow

maybe, rather than wearing the prince/princess suit, youd have to wear the froggy helmet to "disguise" yourself in the swamp and ensure your safe passage without the frogs being aggressive

lol, imagine the noobs selling "rare frog bones" for 100k!

but i really like the idea, myself have about 6 tokens in the bank with no inentions of cashing in

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

Wow thanks everyone. :D I'm glad I am an idol now. Now to the minor flaws stated by x_Mindless_x

I see only minor flaws. 1) Can a frog hold a sword or shield (Do they even have hands :P ) 2) Would there be a limit to the number of these items you could have 3)Would this be a limited time offer 4) Would these items be tradeable?

I've made an edit page under my post....I'll add your suggestions there.

You must keep in mind that while a habdful of characters might have 10 unused tokens, several hundred thousand may not even have one. Just so you know.

ue5wr.jpg

Wow...I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

here is what i do:

right click

scroll down to "drop" option

click

continue training

i just get so many of these and because i uaullly train with guthan, vs fire giants or something, i dont have the extra inven space for them

RSN: Bantam222 [105 combat] [1578 total level]

1gp.jpg

Support my quest for 1600 Skill Total!

You must keep in mind that while a handful of characters might have 10 unused tokens, several hundred thousand may not even have one. Just so you know.

I repeat;

You must keep in mind that while a handful of characters might have 10 unused tokens, several hundred thousand may not even have one. Just so you know.

ue5wr.jpg

Wow...I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

I repeat;

Was that really necessary? Just because the next person doesn't respond doesn't mean you have to post the same thing. And in response to you, just because a few hundred people have mime should we give full mime to everyone else? No, it is just a fun thing that Jagex threw in
picture.php?albumid=328&pictureid=1551

I repeat;

Was that really necessary? Just because the next person doesn't respond doesn't mean you have to post the same thing. And in response to you, just because a few hundred people have mime should we give full mime to everyone else? No, it is just a fun thing that Jagex threw in

1packer I agree with you 100%. No need from him to post that useless opinon.

It does show up a bit though, also, there really isn't an expansion for it after the first 2, the other gift-randoms have emotes, at least 3 items for clothing, the frog event has 2. You also need to walk to Varrok to get these items instead of them just being handed too you. I think that this would add a nice demension(sp) to the event and also make it so that when you see a frog evnt you don't go, oh great, not again. 8)

picture.php?albumid=328&pictureid=1551