No Community IN GAME!

tehstorage

Greed is inevitable, whether it is in-game or in real life. I'd have to say that your statement is contradictory.. How are you suppose to feed ones ego and obtain as much as possible without a community? Surely NPC's don't drop everything.

:-)

Have you noticed pkers have less honor now? they call you if you logout but they always Tele/Run/Attack a monster and close client to save them selves?

Less honor now? How's that? As far as I can remember it's always been like that..Well, at one point in RS when wildy first was introduced, people wouldn't log. The only reasonable explanation I can find is that, majority of players in RuneScape these days are quite young and they're still establishing moral values.. Because usually we learn early that greed is a bad thing (sorry for speaking of greed in both rs and rl-terms) but personally I think your personality reflects your in-game behaviour to a certain extent.

Right for instance your chilling with a few mates and a pker attacks you for no reason you have no items but your winning and log thats greed they risked the items they provoked you they deserve to loose!

Also most pkers / rune miners break the rules everyday by latching onto a monster and closing runescape its GREED if you goto the wilderness you should either fight to death or not bother.

tehstorage.png

Some people have home worlds they go to everytime.

Other people also use home worlds too.

I use world 40 and ive met quite ALOT of people there who also use the same world.

Safe to say, I know most of the people who train in the ice caves by sight and we say 'hi!' everytime we meet.

If thats not a community, then I dont know what is...

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

My home world is 84 i say hi to alot of people most the replys are go away my spot! or "noob" whats ironic is ive played for years since RSC and im not a high rs2 lvl because i just recently restarted but im lvl 72 a lvl 32 calls me a "noob" ?

tehstorage.png

Thanks for the new bright idea for my English Essay on Monday...that lit up a light bulb in my head! :lol:

Your gonna use a debate about no community in rs for a essay? rofl you have style kid!

Lol I think he's referring to the subject "Greed" :P

yeah, i think the greed and lack of community is clearly evident in this game. its gotten soo bad, that i made a thread about a possible solution to it in the suggestions and discussion forum. it should still be at the top of the page. why not go read that and tell me what you think?

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

Right for instance your chilling with a few mates and a pker attacks you for no reason you have no items but your winning and log thats greed they risked the items they provoked you they deserve to loose!

Also most pkers / rune miners break the rules everyday by latching onto a monster and closing runescape its GREED if you goto the wilderness you should either fight to death or not bother.

Hi, i think there isn't such thing as an "honour" in a game. You entered the wildy, you cannot stop anyone from attacking or running/ X-ing/ teleing.

For the community part, i agree theres no "hospitality".

Well for greed , its pretty normal for people , if you saw a blue phat on the floor would you pick it? Well for me, i would

Being fairly new to RS i havent come accross much niceties in game, most people are obnoxious little bleeders.

I have met some fairly nice people, but they are in the minority.

If people are asking for directions i always stop and help, if we dont help then there will never be a community style in there!

just my twopence worth there :)

Not true. Rune miners and other trainers can do that, they didn't come for a fight.

lets say its 95% greed like in real life

I agree

My homeworld, 64, is an OK world. I've met some noobs in it but not many.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

why shouldn't they run/tele/pray?

I would do the same to protect my items

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

True. Once I died and lost black armour and the dude who got it tantalized me with it. I was like okay STFU PLZ.

Another instance is when Im fishing near the barb village. A river troll jumps me and i start fighting it. I run when Im at 1 health and I get a parade of people following me. "ATTENTION PEOPLE FOLLOW ME PLEASE". Greedy mothers. :twisted:

Good day sir, how may I help you?

Id like to access my bank account please.

Certainly sir.

Greed is from human nature. I mean, if you saw $10 on the floor and absolutely no one around, what would you do? Pick it up, smile, and put in your wallet, or... pick it up, wave it around like a madman and ask anyone you see if they own that bill. I'm the guy who quickly shoves the bill in my pocket.

People don't want to work another hour to earn that extra $10. I don't think anyone would like to lose all their PKing stuff while they had a chance to keep it. And boy, is it harsh to lose your newly aquired armor to someone who got lucky...

I believe there is a community in RuneScape, even in these days when thousands of people are scamming, begging, and doing mischevious deeds. Even today, fishing on my level 3 account at the Barbarian Village, I get attacked by those barbarians. To my amazement, I find four guys stop fishing, pursue and attack that barbarian without me actually asking for help.

If you're looking for a community to talk to, you can spurt a meaningful conversation with many players of Runescape. Just begin talking and you'll get some talking back.

In my opinion, Runescape still has communities.