Why don't the Gowers bring back the original RS?

NeonGenesis

Hie guys,I've played RS since `01 right until the end of `03 and I've got to say that I really did enjoy playing RS alot and was never bored of it.But after all these years,I decided to check back on RS one fine day and found out that you can no longer play the original RSC version but to play the 3D version,all im trying to say here is that why can't we opt to choose which version we want to play,It's a democratic country afterall right? Lol ;) ?Seriously,I think im not going to be the only one to make a come back to RS if Andrew brings the original RSC back and im sure that plenty of the other old school players would follow the feat aswell.

Cheers,

5 E X , Vultimax , Sn1p3r Aeroz

Err, nope RSC can't be played anymore, its a shame, I only wish I made an account before they outlawed new members.

Uhh chielekop maybe he doesn't want to cheat, maybe he wants to play the original as he wants to remember the Classic days. It some ways it was better some worse, though your cheating point is just stupid and badly based. After all nobody ever cheats in RS2, no thats impossible... :roll: Never seen a autoer in my life in RS2.

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

are u kidding?

ever played rs2?

its much better, i guess u want rsc cause u can cheat on it.

shame on u

Shutup...you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

It was just because they cant be bothered with it and there were too many macroers, so they just stopped new accounts, I can still play. :P

md666.gif

It wont return because of a few reasons.

Jagex are concentrating on rs2 which is much more popular and therefore brings in the vast majority of income.

Working on rsc would take valuable resources away from rs2 which is the opposite of what they want.

Cheating is much more troublesome for Jagex on rsc I believe.

Lastly Jagex were running out of things to do on the old rsc engine. With the new rs2 engine the possibilities are almost endless.

I'm sure there are more reasons, but I can't think at the moment.

Eventually I'm sure rsc will be completely shut down. It looks like it's heading that way.

sig2ho7.jpg

theres lots of autoers on rs2 and rsc has a nicer community and why would you play rs2 if you dont like it? rsc can make money it just needs a chance they should sell it to someone if there gonna make it worse i suggest all members sign jmcmahons petition located in the rsc rants on the forums at http://www.runescape.com mod mark has also signed it :)

Dragon drops - 2

visage drops- 1

barrow drops - 5

i dunno.. i seem to recall jagex saying that they will NEVER remove rs classic, and that anyone who wants to continue playing it can... well, the way things are now, that was sort of like saying, theres this glacier that will NEVER melt, but its only as big as an icecube now and you can only look at it if you looked at it before XXXX date and you payed to look at it... uh.. yeah... :roll:

i like rs2 better as it is not, however i didnt grow up playing rs2, and some things just cannot be replaced by the new game... pking for one... :cry: i had some fun times low level pking, actually turning a profit heh.. ive never tried the new system, who knows, perhaps it is better and i wont judge it until ive tried it, but the charm of the old game was just so powerful. anyways. just my .02

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P

RSC rocked (and sometimes kinda sucked)

lolz elvarg was wicked back then

my member friends used to be mad cuz they always brang prayer pots to his cave but he kept draining even though they kept drinking :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

totallvl900ge9.jpg

Woot! Got total lvl 900 in f2p!

rsc rocks, i think rs2 is the worst game ever.

for instance, i think the rs2 pking system is really bad.

u can eat whenever u want, maging doesnt really effect ur combat, and u can run whenever u want. its harder to become pure and get kills on rs2. rsc u can macro, so pking is challenging

drop__parti.png

drop__parti.png

drop__parti.png

When RS2 first came out, I was like OMG! I hated it at first. So I stayed with RSC. All my friends switched to RS2 and I was the only one left, then I figured out that they dont update the high scores on RSC. So I was like omg, to late to switch over now. But, a week later they gave everyone a chance to switch over. After I switched over to RS2, I hated it still, but got use to it. Now when I someetimes go back on RSC just to see around - i hate it. But I still like the PK sytem on there.

But I would stay with RS2 for alot more reasons - updates, not as many autoers, better graphics, no high scores, maybe even be gone sooner or later.

trust me, its boring and pointless. you probably dont want the game back, just the community that it brought, but that is long gone and will never be restored and most people just auto on it and whenever i say this i get [bleep]ed at and called a rs2 noob by people who didnt even play before members

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

are u kidding?

ever played rs2?

shame on u

Shutup...you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

It was just because they cant be bothered with it and there were too many macroers, so they just stopped new accounts, I can still play. :P

Same :P

If only there was a way to bring the RSC community into RS2. I loved rsc for that reason. The people on there were fun and made the game great. People don't need good graphics to get an enjoyable experience out of a game. That's what made RSC so appealing. :wink:

are u kidding?

ever played rs2?

shame on u

Right now I am doubting you have never played it and your judgement is based on what you've heard from other people. Classic had many things that rs2 has not. Koing people while pking was great. I don't play it often mainly because all my friends are noobs on rsc, but it is sad that others can't see how things really were.

548dba32.gif

.:: RSC Product ::.

.:: 116 Combat ::.

.:: 1777 Overall ::.

.:: Biggest Single Drop Log Ever ::.

There are some things that both games are better at than each other, so it's hard to pick a winner.

Back when RS2 didn't come out, RSC's wildy system was really good. In fact, it's really better than RS2's...in RSC, there was much more of a sense of danger in the wilderness. You couldn't run and eat whenever you wanted to, you could only walk, and so there was always the threat of getting into a closed area. In RSC you could actually be trapped and cornered, you could actually be killed even in extremely low level wilderness (level 1 pking in RSC = still pretty deadly, somehow)

RS2 is more quest and skill based, and pretty much everything besides the wilderness has benefitted from its engine. Still, in the wilderness there's no sense of danger at all. As long as you aren't teamed by some enormous clan, you're really safe...in fact, sometimes even enormous clans can't stop you.

In my opinion, it wouldn't hurt to stretch the wilderness (f2p and p2p) up vertically, so that it took more time to run from one end to the other. When running, it takes really no time at all to get out of the wilderness even if you're at the gds. The only other fixer of that is binding, but then what about 1 v 1 melee fights? Or rangers?

So yeah. Right now I favor RS2 over RSC, but I admit that RS2's wilderness is nothing like the old one.

Igna.gif