you didnt know? you could get banned today for this!

Final_Cross

oh my god!!!!

i thought i knew the rules front to back and vice versa, i even stoped using swiftswitch the day andew found out about it fearing the banned hand of jagex!

but i have been breaking the rules and you might be doing the same.

A STRANGER CAN GET YOU BANNED EASY FOR THIS!

just ask a player where they live and if they know the rules (the rule being you cant ask for personal information) you could get banned!!! :shock:

do jagex want us to turn players in this way?

whitesignature.jpg

wait, i remember when the update came out... it said that it was ok to ask like ages and stuff. but it is asking for specific personal details off people you dont really know. such as you can ask like the country and possibly which city. not like asking road names etc. atleast that's what i remember...

andy+sam202.png

I think the rule is for very specific things like last name or town. Often players can guess where you live by what server you frequently visit or the times you play. I don't mind if a friend asks the country I live in, but when random strangers start asking for info, it's really annoying and I report them

yeah i have no problem with people asking me where i live along as it isnt road or something like. but yeah i report if i dont know em like they just added me out of the blue.

andy+sam202.png

they sad they wouldnt ban somone for asking where they live...

when the rule came out...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

i believe this is to stop people from guessing password recoveries....

or who knows, perhaps they just dont want people getting together so they can build a giant robot to build a giant magnifying glass that said giant robot can use to "magnify" the sun's rays in order to create a beam of light and heat to cook a pot roast.

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P

Harsh to be banned for asking where someone lives or their age. Surely by definition that's how you get to know anyone. You work out who they are, where they are from and gradually bit by bit you know who they are and what they are about. Surely its more important that someone doesn't feel pressurised into giving away personal information. Eg, if I was asked where I lived and I didn't want to say, then if I said No, then that's when they should not ask further. If they asked again and again then I think it pushes further into breaking the rules. Protect people but allow a community to develop.

what you can get banned for

"hi, where r u frm?"

"do you go to school?"

"today's your birthday? how old are you today?

"what job do you do?"

"what time is it?"

"are u m or f?"

friends dont let friends be friendly

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

I've almost never asked anyone about spiccfic details. I know my friends lives, the states not specific streets. You'll only get banned if you ask like their phone number or address.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I think is the most stupid rule

How you can start a community without knowing something about the other?

Hey.. you always can lie.. Whats your name? Andrew! , Where are you from? Tangamaldapio.. How old are you? 500 years.. Are you male or female? I dont sure.. :roll:

What is the problem with this kind of questions? If the asked doesnÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt want to respond, well.. simple ingore the question.. or lie..

Whatever.. The rules are rules.. and are maked to break it.. :twisted:

But well.. here, at Tip.IT , some admin edited my signature and tells me is not allowed to put a real photo of me..

I cant imagine why.. IÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôm not so ugly!!

Well.. just follow the rules.. or change to other game.. or forum.. simple

axel_phx.png

I think this rule is more directed at people asking for exact locations and phone numbers, someone that I know of was banned for selling peoples phone numbers lol (and he got what he should have)... but i have been reported for some really stupid things, someone asks me how old I am, I tell them 17, then I ask the same thing in return and get reported lol, im not banned for that yet, only for "advertising websites", which for some reason I don't recall doing :roll:

praycape,supergoten23.gif

Rule 13 Asking for personal details

For our players' privacy and safety, you must not ask for personal contact details such as full name, home address or telephone number from another player.

Our player's privacy and safety are extremely important to us and something we take very seriously. Of course we are not going to ban players if you ask, for example someone's first name and the country they live in. We fully understand this happens quite a lot in RuneScape and is part of making friends in the game.

This rule instead refers to not asking players for details sufficient to locate them in real-life. Understandably some people can be upset or feel threatened by this sort of questioning, so please don't do it.

We would also recommend to all of our players to that you read the Play Safely guide in the Rules and Security section of the website.

There is very little cause for concern.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

I knew a player moderator and he sayed one time to me that ye only can get banned if ye were multiple reported. So one time of one person is not enough.

I'm sorry but either you or your friend is talking complete crap. You can get banned from one report easily.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

There is one problem with this rule. Often, when I am talking with friends I know irl, it might sound like I'm breaking this rule. And if I actually am, the rule is flawed. But I do suppose I wouldn't be reported by them.

Why would you be asking where someone was from anyway? It's not like it's any of your business and I fail to see why you would even care. It's more inane than asking people what their mining level is.

siganizq4.gif

Well we dutch (like myself) sometimes like to know were other dutch ppl live (Netherlands or Belgium).

When they are from Belgium the Netherlands sometimes don't understand wat they say because they speak dialect.

And if we know where they'r from Belgians just speak like they do every day and otherwyse they don't.

And also some Belgians hate Netherlands and vice versa too.:? Its strange but it is so.:( They even have jokes off each others.

peche707.png

2cht0ma.png