you didnt know? you could get banned today for this!

Final_Cross

They might have made the rule because of what happen on myspace. But then again it might just have been common sense.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

That rule i've known of long and has never been afraid of getting banned for breaking that. Closest thing i come to break that is asking a guy if he was from the states as he couldnt understand i was talking about getting to bed (the clock was 2 a.m. in denmark where i live).

What worried me more was then i a week ago discovered their new rule against ad-blocking. I know that they are all that pays for f2p (which i played too long) and therefore i do often click them then opening RS in IE, but then using Firefox (rox) it's really too easy and nice just to block the ads and after i finally got members i dont see a problem with that, but obviously JaGex does :?

06maj300002137ga.png

There is 10 kinds of people. Those who understands binary numbers and those who dont!

Stranger: How old are you?

Player: 14, y?

Stranger: Just wondering. So, a Miami server, huh? U pick the best world it gives u 2?

Player: Ya

Stranger: Cool, I live near Miami 2. Where do u go to school?

Player: [name of school]

Stranger: Hey I go there. Wanna meet after school sometime?

Player: Sure, where?

Stranger: [name of some place]

Player: Cool, how about Friday?

Stranger: Sounds good.

-------------------------------------

See how asking a stranger asking a player's age can lead to worse things? It's called building a foundation of trust. The stranger asks more innocent-type of questions, becomes the player's friend, then starts asking worse questions. Don't give out personal info, report those who ask for it if you don't trust them.

Stranger: How old are you?

Player: 14, y?

Stranger: Just wondering. So, a Miami server, huh? U pick the best world it gives u 2?

Player: Ya

Stranger: Cool, I live near Miami 2. Where do u go to school?

Player: [name of school]

-------------------------------------

See how asking a stranger asking a player's age can lead to worse things? It's called building a foundation of trust. The stranger asks more innocent-type of questions, becomes the player's friend, then starts asking worse questions. Don't give out personal info, report those who ask for it if you don't trust them.

Exactly. There is a risk of running into a predator or someone who otherwise wishes to do you harm if one is too free with personal information.

Ok.. I agree,,, But is the same risk if the telephone rings, and a boy take it, and start a conversation with an predator..

I mean, you cant protect kids more than they parents.. I think nobody under certainly age must have access to Internet..

I never understand why parents leave their kids behind a monitor.. in their rooms.. as they were playing with a toy.

A computer is a tool... a very high cost one.. And a computer connected to Internet, could be a powerfull trap.. or weapon.. depends..

I think Tip.IT and Jagex , must ask all of community-members an authorization of they parents to access.. no cares if they are free or pay ones.. Or a probe that they are adults...

Internet is an Adult related thing.. I cannot understand in what moment that forgot

axel_phx.png

I think that personal information like full name, address shouldn't be allowed, but you should atleast be able to ask what country or state a person is from, you know, if you become good friends with someone on RS..

ill tell them stuff like that, and they dont even have to ask for it! i think its necasary for the start of a friendship if you at least know something about the other person... im used to telling everyone im from gouda, because my name means that im from gouda... im used to telling them im dutch because gouda is in holland... im used to telling them my age, because if they know im a minor, they usually dont go talking about sex and stuff like that... its perfectly normal for me and i think it should be allowed, because it can be for your own safety if you do tell them...

Proud Member of G.U.I.L.D.S., a new kind of Community!

I personally have no problem with people asking me my personal information. I won't give them my exact street address, but why not my city, provice/state, and country? Jagex's rules at not intended to be taken literally and for you to report anyone that asks you your age. You can easily say "I'd rather not say" and be done with it. Getting all uptight and reporting other's for that kind of thing is childish. :roll:

yes it is, but for the hundreds of overzealous mod wanabees out there, its one more thing you can get reported for, and one more thing people could be innocently banned for. in fact, be careful who you call childish, they might say you are trying to find out their age...

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

Jagex's rule about no personal information is enforced to protect all of you little kids from pedaphiles. There are thousands of these creeps online as we speak. Some may even be using this forum!

So the next time you are frustrated about not being able to ask "a/s/l?" in RuneScape, be thankful that you're not taking it up the rear by some sick-minded old dude who salivates at the sight of little kids like yourselves.

PWNED.

If i ask someone where they live i will usually put: "If you don't mind me asking, where are you from?" or something similar to that, don't know if it would prevent me getting into trouble or anything but its safer then outright asking where they live IMO.

Pier pressure?

I can just see you being threatened by a wharf or jetty because you're a teleporter. Yes, I can see a large wooden wharf uprooting itself from the shore, walking over to you and slapping you in the back of the head for teleporting.

:lol:

i believe this is to stop people from guessing password recoveries....

or who knows, perhaps they just dont want people getting together so they can build a giant robot to build a giant magnifying glass that said giant robot can use to "magnify" the sun's rays in order to create a beam of light and heat to cook a pot roast.

About the first part, I've asked people what their questions were and none of them even knew. Yes they were all personal so I guess this is most likely the choice, people must of fallen for it.

why not just read the site o.O it tells you...

Rule 13 - Asking for Personal Details

For our players' privacy and safety, you must not ask for personal contact details such as full

name, home address or telephone number from another player.

Related Questions

Below are some related questions which may help you to further understand and follow this rule.

Why do we have this rule?

We have this rule in place to protect your privacy and ensure your safety. Not only may giving out your personal details affect the security of your account, (as they may be used to make a false password recovery request), but it is also risky to tell people you meet over the internet your personal details.

What does personal details include?

Personal details are considered to include email addresses and Instant Messenger screen names/contact details.

It does say FULL name :P and nothing about state...

you people are paranoid lol if you report people for asking them where your from. Seriously get a life. Thats how you get to know people better or maybe thats how people start a conversation.

lol

thats pretty sad

but i guess if they ask for more personal details etc.. then you should tell them to stop and then think about reporting...

stop abusing the report system, soon enough all the good players will be banned if this is kept up.

nvm, edited thanks to common sense :roll:

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

This is like the oldest news ever. I mean whats the point of this thread?

I may as well go make a thread saying "omg did you know you can get banned if you scam and someone reports you?!?!?!1/1///111/1/1/1//1" :roll:

The info youve given us is nothing more then the obvious. (I mean seriously... You had no idea that locations and all that was personal info?...) You could edit that out with any one of the rules, and it'd make sense (it would also be something literally everyone who knows how to report already knows) :?

What does personal details include?

Personal details are considered to include email addresses and Instant Messenger screen names/contact details.

a person's age certainly cannot be a contact detail.

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

I can see why this is a rule. Some of the information a person may give away may end up hurting them somehow. However, Jagex needs to look at the situation in which the question is asked. People in Runescape do have conversations, and sometimes they end up going out of the game with the topic. But then again, someone could disguise their evil intentions with the information with the innocent conversation thing..

Teeter-Totter that is Jagex's rules.

35b9enp.jpg

well i certainly didnt think that this would become such a hot topic. :o

and id like to point out some of the things that have been said incase you didnt read the rest of what was said.

I can see why this is a rule. Some of the information a person may give away may end up hurting them somehow. However, Jagex needs to look at the situation in which the question is asked. People in Runescape do have conversations, and sometimes they end up going out of the game with the topic. But then again, someone could disguise their evil intentions with the information with the innocent conversation thing..

Teeter-Totter that is Jagex's rules.

very well said might i say, i agree with this completly and think that things like asking what county you live in, your age and if you are a boy or girl are not going to put you in much danger, how ever if some one starts asking you about your phone number, real name etc. you should just report and ignore them simple as that.

i think that by any chance you are cought out by this and end up banned you can simply make an apeal to jagex to make them understand the situation and if they deem you as not being one of these bad people then you will be happy as larry.

I think is the most stupid rule

How you can start a community without knowing something about the other?

Hey.. you always can lie.. Whats your name? Andrew! , Where are you from? Tangamaldapio.. How old are you? 500 years.. Are you male or female? I dont sure.. :roll:

What is the problem with this kind of questions? If the asked doesnÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt want to respond, well.. simple ingore the question.. or lie..

Whatever.. The rules are rules.. and are maked to break it.. :twisted:

But well.. here, at Tip.IT , some admin edited my signature and tells me is not allowed to put a real photo of me..

I cant imagine why.. IÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôm not so ugly!!

Well.. just follow the rules.. or change to other game.. or forum.. simple

i agree that asking a player what country they live in, what age they are and other things like that eg.

"what music do you like?".

because this is how we can relate to one another.

i think that just like in real life you should be aware of "stranger danger" and think "why is this player asking all these questions?".

as for what axel_phx said about making personal details up i'll start a topic based on that. just to see what every one thinks about that.

[stranger]

if a stranger starts going on like this dont sit there and be interigated, ask them qustions to get them off balence eg.

stranger:how old are you?

player: how old are you?

thats what id do. 8)

thanks to all of you that have hopefully saved my account and a few others along the way.

i hope that covers every thing related to personal details and getting banned because for asking of them, but one more thing and the most important of all HAVE A GOOD LONG LOOK AT ALL THE RULES AND THINK WHAT THEY MEAN because you should know. :wink:

whitesignature.jpg