New Addition to Fishing Cooking and Construction!

Dalcyte

NOTE: I know i'm bringing back an old post, but i'm not just bumping it for the sake of i want to get my idea heard. I have added a new aspect to my idea using the newly released construction skill, and therefore want to see what people think of this newly updated suggestion.

Now, i know this will never happen lol but it makes me feel proud of myself by posting this. Recenently i got my slayer task of 119 fire giants. So i got my stuff and headed down over. As i was about to board that raft that keeps breaking and coming back, i notice a place i look over a lot, the big area of water that is the mouth of baxtorian falls. There are big dark spots with fishing spots in them, now with the recent canoe update, my idea is that one should be able to get a boat and go out to fishing spots in lakes, some regular fishing spots some new ones. Of course, since there are so many new types of fish, if you used one type of fishing, you would hardly be able to catch the fish you REALLY want. So to remedy this problem, different fishing lure and bait fishing spots would require different lvls to use, and would only catch the fish in that lvl range such as 26-39. you would be able to control your boat just like walking, except its on water. and the fish also give better experience, the level requirement is higher however because it takes a steady fisherman to be able to catch fish on a boat without capsizing. At ever fishing location, there is a fisherman who tells you all about this, and who you can rent a boat from. When you go out to do this, the fisherman gives you an air horn that whenever you use, will take you back to shore. Now with the update of Construction, i have added a new aspect to this suggestion, giving the ability to construct you're own ship. I have carefully calculated the exp so that they are not just random numbers i threw together. If your construction is to low or you don't have the materials with you to build your own boat, you can simply talk to the fisherman at every fishing location shown below and rent his boat (rental boat) for 6k. When Fishing, there would be some numbers in the top right hand corner of the screen similar to the ones in shade burning. The First would be amount of fish caught out of the the number you can hold in all the barrels (60) and the percentage of your boat, which is explained here. The higher lvl boat you build, the slower its percentage goes down. As the percentage decreases, you have a stronger chance of capsizing, but to make it more fair, you can't capsize until your percentage reaches 50% or lower. When you capsize, you lose half of the fish you've gotten, and are stored in the barrels. When you build a boat, instead of putting it in your inventory, there would be a boat shack at every fishing location holding up to 3 boats of any type at a time. Inside there would be 3 boat hotspots. (I'm considering making the ability to make your own boat shack where you can hang some fish and other things). Here are the boats you can make. This is all for now, i'll probably update more later. Hope you like it.

(lvl 24)Normal Boat: 6 planks 6 nails, 174 exp (a little better than rental boat)

(lvl 35)Oak Boat: 8 Oak Planks, 480 exp

(lvl 48)Sail Boat: 10 Teak Planks 4 cloth 2 bronze wire, 1060 exp

(lvl 56)Reinforced Sail Boat: 10 teak planks 6 cloth 4 bronze wire 2 steel bars 1310 exp

(lvl 73)Fishing Boat: 12 Mahogonay Planks 6 steel bars 2 molten glass, 1920 exp

Lure fishing:

(lvl 26)yellow perch 60exp

(lvl 32)salmon 75exp

(lvl 24)trout 60exp

(lvl 60)catfish 100.5exp

(lvl 85)Muskeye 124.5exp

Bait Fishing:

(lvl 29)Rock bass 70exp

(lvl 37)pike 80exp

(lvl 48)bass 85exp

(lvl 50)walleye 95.5exp

(lvl 68)sturgeon 107.5exp

(lvl 87)Northern Pike 130exp

The new fish can also obviously be cooked, the higher lvl fish (muskeye and northern pike, may have side effects, for their healing rate is so high, so to solve this, your cooking level may need to be a little higher, but by treating the fish, you get more exp but the healing rate goes down. To treat the fish, you must aquire fish treatment (made by adding guam leaf to vial of water and ground fish scales added, no herblore experience, fish scales are aquired by using a chisel with northern pike or muskeye) and add it to the raw fish.

(lvl 27)yellow perch 90exp Heals:10

(lvl 30)rock bass 100exp Heals:14

(lvl 49)walleye 130.5exp Heals:16

(lvl 59)catfish 145exp Heals:17

(lvl 69)sturgeon 140exp Heals:19

(lvl 82)muskeye 230 exp Heals:23(chance of poison [damage 1-3])

(lvl 87)muskeye (tr) 270exp Heals: 22

(lvl 85)northern pike 300exp Heals: 25 (chance of poison [damage 1-5], chance of stunning for 10 seconds)

(lvl 90)northern pike (tr) 340exp Heals: 24

But why would you want to go out to sea for a little cooler view, when you can go to shilo village and powerfish just the same? When your on a boat, when your iventory is full, just put your fish into the barrels on the boat, 3 barrels would be available on the boat thats 20 fish per barrel. Once all your barrels are full its time to return home. You cannot bank barrels with or without fish in them, you must click the "empty barrel" button.

5 lakes/ocean

baxtorian falls mouth

west of sinclair mansion

Keldagrim underwater channels

ocean past docks in port sarim

Waters off Port Khazard

Support List:

Dark Alcyte

Gigapowers1

Angelfire01

nanosauromo

gferbreak

nvw08

sea dragon35

anima coder

kamikaze914

GANGSTAELL

waRRior lumP

beniscool218

mEb

Jefro108

ralfoy1

smapla

mattbrandon

magikjandro

Jakehh

silverchipmunk

retefael

heart of ink

duutje

meatcar

horntail740

Nazgul740

Chaosst0rm

utter492

jimmy kak

jackpot89

StrikerRay

Thanks if you read the entire thing or even skimmed, i spent quite a little time editing it trying to make it worthwhile. No spamming though constructive criticism is allowed along with support :o

Just a few things Ive noticed...

1. In RuneScape, bass are fished through large nets. Would there be two kinds of bass?

2. The Walleye should give more cooking exp, seeing as the lobster gives 120 cooking experience, and only requires level 40. The catfish exp should probably be raised, as well.

Aside from those two things, I like it. Fishing is one of my favorite skills, and updates to it are always nice!

support ya and not on those jagex servers :twisted:

wat do u mean buy not on those jagex servers... :? ? Thanks for all the support you guys, about to edit for those new names. :D

I'd say lower the hit points healed each fish. 25 and 27 just seem way too much.

:roll: Take a look at that lvl to cook...please notice CHANCE OF POISON, CHANCE OF STUNNING. lol...Anyway, thanks ben for posting. :D

I like it

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

wicked i think its a great idea as i love fishing but maybe you should look at how much they heal as a lvl 68 fish healing 17 and only 64 (?) cooking to cook it. Thats the only problem i have with an otherwise superb idea.

untitled6kv7.gif

matty+brando.png

one time i woke up sleeping under my bed with a jello and a spoon lol :ohnoes:

wicked i think its a great idea as i love fishing but maybe you should look at how much they heal as a lvl 68 fish healing 17 and only 64 (?) cooking to cook it. Thats the only problem i have with an otherwise superb idea.

i'm not seeing this, could u tell me which fish?