Ard's Progress ~ 1864 Total - 108 Combat

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the compliment irulepoker. 8-) I have a LOOOONG way to go to catch Swamp, let alone the likes of Zezima.

--------------------------------

misc0920nq3.jpg

Miscellania Seed Nest Count 26 total including...

• - 7 Acorn

- 6 Banana

- 3 Orange, Apple

- 2 Curry, Willow

- 1 Yew, Pineapple, Maple

Congrats! I'm glad you finally got through with all that remodeling. You must have the most perfectly built larder ever. :mrgreen:

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

Well done with 85 range :). Nice slayer level btw, that must take paitence 8-) .

Gratz with 70+, now get 75+ ;).

Mind giving me a quick dumbies guide to standard diviation? What is it, and what is it used for? :oops: .

90 Combat 1900+ Total

99 Crafting 99 Cooking 99 Firemaking

99 Herblore 99 Fletching 98 Farming

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

Well done with 85 range :). Nice slayer level btw, that must take paitence 8-) .

Gratz with 70+, now get 75+ ;).

Mind giving me a quick dumbies guide to standard diviation? What is it, and what is it used for? :oops: .

Thanks for posting!!! I love slayer. It keeps the combat work interesting. I don't have to figure out what I want to kill, which is helpful.

Check out this post (page 13 of this thread) for an explanation of standard deviation.

Gratz on 85 ranged ::'

Am I still on your list..?

Thanks! I don't often play with chat on but I do believe you are still on my list. :mrgreen:

Standard deviation is the square root of the variance and shows how spread out the values in a set (skill levels in this case) are.

A high standard deviation indicates that the data points (levels in this case) are far from the mean/average and a small standard deviation indicates that they are clustered close to the mean/average.

Here's a breakdown of the calculation:

• [*:2j1468hz]Square the variance for each skill: Subtract the average from the skill level. Use the absolute value for the rest of the calculation.

•  
      Example: Range level 84-75.68 (average)=8.32

[*:2j1468hz]Multiply the result by itself.

•  
    8.32^2 (squared) =69.22

[*:2j1468hz]Add up all of the squared values.

•  
    Example using my skills: 624.31

[*:2j1468hz]Divide the result by the total number of values (in this case, 22).

•  
    624.31/22=28.38

[*:2j1468hz]Find the square root of that number.

•  

I hope that makes sense for you.

Ok, thanks. I pretty much understand it, your saying that because your standard deviation is low (i assume 5.3 is low) then your skills are fairly clustered, but someone like zzzamorak would have a higher S.D because his skills are far apart? Thats what i got from it anyway lol.

You said you have to square the variance, what are the variance's?

Thanks for giving me the link to the post :).

To me, loving slayer is a bit of an oxymoron, but i'm sure many would say that about the skills i love, farming and herblore. I think i may have liked slayer at one point, but i've brainwashed myself into hating anything combat related lol. It is better than normal combat, but its best of a bad bunch i guess. And yes, your right, i like to contradict myself :wink:

90 Combat 1900+ Total

99 Crafting 99 Cooking 99 Firemaking

99 Herblore 99 Fletching 98 Farming

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

Ok, thanks. I pretty much understand it, your saying that because your standard deviation is low (i assume 5.3 is low) then your skills are fairly clustered, but someone like zzzamorak would have a higher S.D because his skills are far apart? Thats what i got from it anyway lol.

You said you have to square the variance, what are the variance's?

Yep, you got the gist of it. It's easy to find people who are combat-based or skill-based. It's also easy to find players who have blazed one or two skills to 99 with most far behind and a few not even ranked on Highscores. I just came up with my own thing by keeping my skill span tight.

To answer your question, the variance is the difference between each skill level and the skill average.

So, you calculate the variance for each skill from the average -> square each value -> add the squared values together -> divide by 22 -> find square root.

• 2 weeks later...