Newest Red Hot Chili Peppers Video

LP

Song is average. Its good, but like nothing too special.

The video though was awesoe. :lol:

i love the parodies and that part at the end when Frusciante is playing that solo as a 50s HARD ROCKER with the glasses and tie.

the video was made by the same guy who did american histroy x, and it represents the evolution of rock music, right up to the rhcp now. i love it, and the wait for new music from the chilis has been almost unbearable, their definitely one of the best bands of this era, and one of the very few that people will listen to in years to come. the reason im lookin forward to stadium arcadium so much is john frusciante's statement, "this is my masterpiece" nd also flea said if u dont like this album then u dont like the chilis, and anthony also mentioned its the greatest thing they have ever done. frusciantes finally openin as a guitarist and the album is alot more solo intensive, with alot of hendrix-esque solos in it. i cant wait!!, ordered and payed i have :)

111yr4.jpg

I love this song, the video is very clever as well. Can't wait for the new album, should be very good.

A cruel friend sent me an old Chili's song that he had renamed Dani California the day it was released saying "wow listen to the Chili's new style!" It wasn't Dani California, instead a really cool funky early Chili's song, but had me confused for a long time :(

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I'm sort of over RHCP but some of there stuff was alright such as the albums "Californication" and "By The Way". The new song Dani California is still alright as a rock track but nothing spectacular... Still better than hip-hop and rap.... :twisted:

video rocks i love the way they have captured music through the years.

and the song s amazing...did you know that the person called dani represents all of anthony kedis's relationships with women. im a big fan :lol:

trialkbd1to.png

video rocks i love the way they have captured music through the years.

and the song s amazing...did you know that the person called dani represents all of anthony kedis's relationships with women. im a big fan :lol:

They said that on top of the pops, hardly fan-knowing stuff. :roll:

yea, I was looking for a topic like this, if there wasnt a topic like this

I'd make one :)

the video totally owns, They pretend alot of different bands in the video.

the only one i could dicover was Kurt Cobain, on his chair, with those 2 guitarmen behind him :)

I like the guitar solo at the end to, very good one.

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

• 2 weeks later...
The video features the band dressed up as various other bands from various time periods. Here they are in chronological order:

Elvis Presley

The Beatles

Cream / Jimi Hendrix

Parliament-Funkadelic

Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie) / Alice Cooper

Sex Pistols

The Misfits

Poison (band)

Nirvana (band)

The Beatles segment is set after their performance on the Ed Sullivan show.

Flea is dressed like Bootsy Collins in the Parliament-Funkadelic segment. Also, notice the throwback to 1970's video direction where Anthony Kiedis turns towards the camera dramatically.

The next segment has Flea dressed up as David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust and Anthony Kiedis as Alice Cooper

There is some debate on what 80's band is in the video. The reason why it is Poison and not Motley Crue is because of the hair color and the curly hair on Flea to mimic C.C. DeVille.

The video finishes with the Chili Peppers as themselves again, with flashbacks to the bands featured earlier in the video.

Interestingly, the upbeat chorus of the song is portrayed by the band dressed as famous practioners of the two musical styles that influenced them the most. The first chorus features a Funk band (Parliament-Funkadelic), the second has two Punk bands (The Sex Pistols and The Misfits.) The third and final chorus is the Chili Peppers as themselves, a fusion of the two styles.

I think it's extremely arrogant. And most of all untrue.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

May I ask why?

I think it's going a bit too far for a band like RHCP to compare themselves with bands like the Beatles.

21o4pav.jpg

May I ask why?

I think it's going a bit too far for a band like RHCP to compare themselves with bands like the Beatles.

It seems more of a tribute if you ask me.

May I ask why?

You've got it all wrong. It's supposed to be a tribute. And anyway, RHCP are better than the Beatles!

May I ask why?

You've got it all wrong. It's supposed to be a tribute. And anyway, RHCP are better than the Beatles!

Yea, how'd you get the idea they were trying to compare themselves with the Beatles.

but RHCP aren't even close to the Beatles. I hope you were being sarcastic.

May I ask why?

Yea, how'd you get the idea they were trying to compare themselves with the Beatles.

chili peppers are better than the beatles, the beatles are one of the most overrated bands ever.

111yr4.jpg

Like they're placing all these great bands after each other, and in the end we're in the present time and we see the greatest band of this moment. That's how it came on to me.

21o4pav.jpg

Like they're placing all these great bands after each other, and in the end we're in the present time and we see the greatest band of this moment. That's how it came on to me.

Good theory but still seems more of a tribute to me.