Red Paperclip

Kalliel

Ok so i don't know if you've heard about this one guy who started off with just one red paper clip and began trading to make some money, he's went from a red paper clip, and is now onto one years rent in Phoenix(America i'm guessing)

But i wondered if anyone has, or will ever do this in Runescape, i might try if this gets enough appreciation but with a bronze dagger or so...

http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/

maxsig28nv.gif

Yup heard about it yesterday on the local news (I am from Phoenix, AZ) this guy is getting a house thats in phoenix. I think thats a very cool deal, lol. That guy is sure one lucky person... personally I don't think it would have ever gotten far if the media did not get involved, but heck more power to him... you can look up his website by typing red paperclip in your web browser, its a cool read.

~Alduron

swordsig16zk.gif

pretty sure this belongs in off topic...

but yeah, really cool idea, i actually just saw this today, and i have to say, i wish i thought of it first... awesome idea, and look how far he has come :shock:

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P

Its and old idea and its been done a million times over but i guess this is the first siccessfull attempt at doing it using the internet as a promotional tool. The link to this guys site was in a b3ta newsletter a few months ago when he had a snowmobile or summit. Pretty good stuff lol.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Its and old idea and its been done a million times over but i guess this is the first siccessfull attempt at doing it using the internet as a promotional tool. The link to this guys site was in a b3ta newsletter a few months ago when he had a snowmobile or summit. Pretty good stuff lol.

Ah, B3TA alongside RatherGood both freak me out. ;)

This is very interesting though, guess Ill bookmark it for now and show my Dad later, he is into this sort of thing. :)

knkcopy.jpg

The runescape economy isnt like the real world so i dont think it would really work on Runescape. Something such as a snowmobile has relative value, if you were some1 going to alaska you might want it and therefor trade something u dont need. But in runbescape everyhting has a fixed value, someone isnt going to trade a bronze dagger for something substantiuonally bigger and it would literally take years of trading everyday to get something of any value.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Hmmm, maybe i ought to set myself some rules to this task then, any ideas what to set myself as tasks, and i'll see what i can do, only going to be a part time activity, as i only normally play weekends, and i've got stuff to do normally

maxsig28nv.gif

The runescape economy isnt like the real world so i dont think it would really work on Runescape. Something such as a snowmobile has relative value, if you were some1 going to alaska you might want it and therefor trade something u dont need. But in runbescape everyhting has a fixed value, someone isnt going to trade a bronze dagger for something substantiuonally bigger and it would literally take years of trading everyday to get something of any value.

True, for things like weapons. From what runescape was like when I played it however, there are things like pickaxes or keys which allow you to do certain things but might be hard to get hold of, so one could make money by carting them around and selling them in out of the way places.

Not worth it, though.