why didn't jagex make the world-switching much easier????

timtimtim

see topic. i think they need to update the way in way we switch world as i think it is very time-consuming to do so. if jagex made it much easier, ppl wouldn't resort to those third parties' stuff to make it faster. that;s just my opinion. :roll:

36d+24+36.png

41 att, 1 def and 1 prayer

F2P for life

Hardly time consuming, when i joined there wasn't a straight link to the world pages at the top of the screen, you had to go to the main page every time you wanted to swap worlds and go from there, and with a slow browser it took a very long time

maxsig28nv.gif

ya. it's extremely time-consuming for ppl who are mining runite ores or ppl who are world hopping for cheap arrows. that's what i was trying to say. :?

there should be a list of worlds to choose from beside the screen and all we need to do is to click on the world that we wanna go to. wouldn't it be much convenient?

36d+24+36.png

F2P for life

You sure love your smilies, don't you? :wink:

I think the reason it's not very easy is that JAGeX didn't intend for people to switch worlds rapidly. There's a reason why runite takes 5 minutes (or however long it is) to respawn. They don't want people to be able to get it too quickly.

OoC Overseer

137jq9.gif Eet mor kabbig! 137jq9.gif

they already made it much easyer

just press, world select, and the world u need...

the 30 second delay is against rune miners i think it wasnt there when i started (not sure, it was a very long time ago), i should check the updates from 2001-2003 to be certain

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

Drop traders will love the day that happens. :D

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

The only time I really ever world hop is when I'm selling off loads of coal or lobbies, or am buying something. I must say that it is a much longer process than it really needs to be, or even can be.

(now some1 quote me and add me to ur sig)

see topic. i think they need to update the way in way we switch world as i think it is very time-consuming to do so. if jagex made it much easier, ppl wouldn't resort to those third parties' stuff to make it faster. that;s just my opinion. :roll:

In the same kind of way, I've pondered whether Jagex should insert a type of autotype feature (or repeat button) for those who sell, because then they may not resort to 3rd party programs which could breach their security.

Would it really be that deprimental to the game? Besides, if everyone had it then everyone would be level.

In the same kind of way, I've pondered whether Jagex should insert a type of autotype feature (or repeat button) for those who sell, because then they may not resort to 3rd party programs which could breach their security.

Would it really be that deprimental to the game? Besides, if everyone had it then everyone would be level.

The problem they are having with auto-typers is not that not everyone has them, and that everyone is not equal because of that, the problem is that people are flooding the screen with it, and making it impossible for other things to be read.

They won't put one in, because there will always be people who would abuse it, and not use it the way it's supposed to be used.

So yes, it would be deprimental to the game.

Blakdragon39.png

well, it's made for non-cheaters

most of the people dont have to change world that much, so if u do it gives u a kind of a benefit, so thats why it takes that long, to encourage the people who would try to get advantage of world switching

oh, a 3rd party client doesnt let u switch worlds faster...

Currently hunting for clues. Any advice? PM me please =)

well, it's made for non-cheaters

most of the people dont have to change world that much, so if u do it gives u a kind of a benefit, so thats why it takes that long, to encourage the people who would try to get advantage of world switching

oh, a 3rd party client doesnt let u switch worlds faster...

if they would just increase stock and respawn times we wouldn't need to switch all the time :roll:

they did try to make it easier though, you can sort worlds now etc.

also a lot of ppl logging in and out all the time makes the server laggy :?

Back in the day there wasn't a timer for switching worlds, but then people started using world switchers so they made timers sometime in 2004.

123 Combat / 1900 Skill Total / 99 HP / 7x 99 Stats

In my opinion, world switching is fine as it is, I mean it takes about 30 seconds right? At least for me, even on dial-up I am on the screen of the world I am switching to in time so that I have to wait for the timer to log on

Errr, *needs a sig*

I frankly don't mind the delay. It's when the stupid connection stalls on the CONNECTING TO FILESERVER portion of the load that ticks me off, 'cause you have to go all the way back to the main page. I did notice the timer when I was world bumping during coal mining. And aren't those third-party clients illegal? Or are they just frowned upon?

sig2copyedit8jz.jpg

Runite respawns between some 18-23 minutes, depends how full is server. Most experienced runeminers marks the world down where they did get runite and sets the timer up, so they visit it again when runite respawns. That way this world switching does not affect them much...IMO

aure22.png

Anyone here heard of swftswitch? Use it once in awhile, its quick and fast to change worlds and you can check ppl on hiscores without going to main menu! You can even open up guides and calcs, its a good program.

PS: Should'nt this have been posted in the rants forum?

happysigbp0.jpg

Now back in the day, son, world switching was much easier. Then, all the autoers etc. came along and ruined it for us all. The End.

umm. i wasn't talking about autoers which obviously offend the rules and violate the purpose of the game. my focus is on faster world swifting which is legal and doesn't alter the original aim of the creator of this game. it simply makes life much easier and more time-efficient. :idea:

36d+24+36.png

F2P for life