The "Examine Player" Option

Waffleh

Well, I admit it is a bit of a stupid idea, but I am kind of bored and it would be kind of cool. I did make some pictures to show you. ^_^

Please note that these are fakes and they're not real... yet.

Now, when you right click on a person, it gives you three options: Walk here, trade, and follow. Well now it's time for a FOURTH option! Observe:

icth_exam1.PNG.jpg

Enlarge: http://usera.imagecave.com/Waffleh/exam1.PNG

Tada! But what happens when you examine? You get to a players "profile."

icth_exam2.PNG.jpg

Enlarge: http://usera.imagecave.com/Waffleh/exam2.PNG

This is an example of what someone might put in their profile. Buying or selling items, or maybe just to give a shoutout to friends! But how to change your OWN profile?

icth_examine3.gif.jpg

Enlarge: http://usera.imagecave.com/Waffleh/examine3.gif

Hehe, I even animated it :P You simply type in a short amount of text. Now you can tell the world something without typing it over and over again!

I was also thinking about branching it further so then it pops up a window that displays the persons' armor and weapons, and whatever their wearing, and also displays their skill levels. I don't have any examples for this yet, but I am working on it!

If you have any questions, ideas, comments, etc., please share! I love other peoples' views.

So please post if you like/hate the idea. Thanks.

Supporters:

Waffleh (me ^_^)

SirHartlar

Dwarfie76

Minishcap92

Sea_Dragon35

mEb

Necromancer_Magic

AshKaYu

Punc

Nick_6464

RayvenHart

Icingdeath

Silverchipmunk

azncool55

stealthman8

Dalcyte

ShadowSam19

chicodallasman

12bigo12

mcgeemaster

soulman01

To Be Smited List (a.k.a. Haters):

Loge_05

UPDATES:

April 22: Edit a picture due to spelling error- oops! Pictures also changes to thumbnails!

April 23: I'm working on the armor/skills images. Should be done soon.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me likes it!

"Pure essence sauks." yea I lie the sound of that :)

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I support

what font do u use 2 make like rs

URL please

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

Guest AshKaYu

That's a great idea! I always wondered why there was an examine for everything but players. Add me to supports!

Firstly, there is a spelling mistake in your third picture.

Secondly, this has been completley robbed from RuneHq and the official forums.

Thirdly, people don't need profiles. People don't need to be examined. This would just be a silly add on; an opportunity for idiots to prove their stupidity by having moronic profiles. It's not neccissary for the game.

Offline and unavailable.

That's an awesome idea! I could picture it being something that would actually make the game a whole lot more interesting.

Interesting? You examine someone. Have a cheap laugh at the lame comment. Not interesting to me. Eventually would become monotonous.

Offline and unavailable.

That's an awesome idea! I could picture it being something that would actually make the game a whole lot more interesting.

Interesting? You examine someone. Have a cheap laugh at the lame comment. Not interesting to me. Eventually would become monotonous.

However, when you're a member of the RolePlaying Community like me then its something that would make the game more interesting.

Ok, I don't know what RuneHQ is (I'm guessing it's a website, but this is the only site that I ever use) and I never use the official forums because these forums are better. I promise you I made all the pictures myself.

Thanks for support, guys! ^_^

I support

what font do u use 2 make like rs

URL please

Um, I'm not sure which site I downloaded it from, I can't remember... but I'm sure that someone on the media board will be able to help you more than I can.

Thirdly, people don't need profiles. People don't need to be examined. This would just be a silly add on; an opportunity for idiots to prove their stupidity by having moronic profiles. It's not neccissary for the game.

Firstly, this idea hasn't been "robbed" from anywhere. It has been suggested countless times before this post and before the places you mentioned. Secondly, I personally believe it would be a great idea. Not only would you be able to sell stuff without typing it countless times, but people could see your selling something while your just walking around. As for the other ideas you had, I think someone being able to see another stats in game would be great, since people wouldn't always have to ask your mining, str etc. lvl while you train.

ShadowSam19.png

Firstly, this idea hasn't been "robbed" from anywhere. It has been suggested countless times before this post and before the places you mentioned. Secondly, I personally believe it would be a great idea. Not only would you be able to sell stuff without typing it countless times, but people could see your selling something while your just walking around. As for the other ideas you had, I think someone being able to see another stats in game would be great, since people wouldn't always have to ask your mining, str etc. lvl while you train.

Thanks for backing me up! ^_^

And thanks for everyone who supports I'm really suprised this is getting this much support, wow, thanks!