why is a 3rd partie program called a 3rd partie program?

fearspudgod

A 3rd party is someone who isnt included in the business....

Well I cant explain this real good in english but lets say Jagexowns the company and its their game and their client to play rs on.

So if zybez ? makes the client named swiftswitch, and they arent in any way paying, doing business with jagex, then they are a third party and therefor their program is a 3rd part program / in this case 3rd party client.

I hope thats clear enough :oops:

First Party = Jagex

Second Party = the user (gamer)

Third Party = Outside person (fansite's client)

It's like in a business deal or something, the third party is the 'middleman' who would deal with both the buyer and the seller.

sig2ho7.jpg

Actually There is no second party. It's the same as in English, Theres a First point of view, and a third point of view. There is no Second point of view the same as there are no second partys when dealing with game peripherals, and games. The best i Can do is define the third party for you. As said in a previos post the third party has nothing to do with the main business. Sometimes these might do some business togther tho. Such as many companies making games for , say the, Playstaion 2(or soon to be 3). If there is a company that is not owned by sony that makes a video game for this system, then that game is then considered a third party game. I don't know how much help that was, but at least i Tried.

Actually There is no second party. It's the same as in English, Theres a First point of view, and a third point of view. There is no Second point of view the same as there are no second partys when dealing with game peripherals, and games.

That sounds right. Thanks for setting me straight. I've never tried to explain it before so was getting confused myself. :)

sig2ho7.jpg

"First Party = Jagex

Third Party = Outside person (fansite's client)"

erm that is right i think.

Also when something is written in the second person it addresses you, for example a set of instructions

1. you must whisk the eggs together

2. you must add the milk and stir it in.

^^lol that is what i think it is anyway

oversized.jpg[/bads]

First Party = Jagex

Third Party = Outside person (fansite's client)

Those are the correct technical terms... I consider third PARTY (not partie) clients to be like buying a can of illegal coke that is slightly better than the origional. Like getting involved in the illegal hampster trade. It's not that big of a deal, but its still illegal.

EDIT- Next time ask questions in the Help and Advice board.

I consider third PARTY (not partie) clients to be like buying a can of illegal coke that is slightly better than the origional. Like getting involved in the illegal hampster trade. It's not that big of a deal, but its still illegal.

No, in buying a can of coke, the third party would be the shop/cafe. Without using a 3rd party client then you would be buying it straight from the coke company.

Whereas with this game. The runescape game would be the coke, Jagex is the coke company and fansites clients are the shops. It just so happens that Jagex don't like people using other sites for playing.

sig2ho7.jpg

I consider third PARTY (not partie) clients to be like buying a can of illegal coke that is slightly better than the origional. Like getting involved in the illegal hampster trade. It's not that big of a deal, but its still illegal.

No, in buying a can of coke, the third party would be the shop/cafe. Without using a 3rd party client then you would be buying it straight from the coke company.

Whereas with this game. The runescape game would be the coke, Jagex is the coke company and fansites clients are the shops. It just so happens that Jagex don't like people using other sites for playing.

If the coke retailers sell without permission it is wrong. The retailers (3rd party clients) should ask and co-operate with jagex. This is the problem, in a giant metaphor.

Also when something is written in the second person it addresses you, for example a set of instructions

1. you must whisk the eggs together

2. you must add the milk and stir it in.

^^lol that is what i think it is anyway

Yeah that's right. A second person book is a manual.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

remember third party clients aren't illegal!

and the phrase third pary means that a non- relevant party is involved, originally due to transacrions between two parties, and another may step in to take a little of the trade of info or items. it now means any intervention by a party non-directly involved with the main parties

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

Actually There is no second party. It's the same as in English, Theres a First point of view, and a third point of view. There is no Second point of view the same as there are no second partys when dealing with game peripherals, and games.

actually in english there is a second point of veiw. first person is i me my our ours. third is him her it his hers, etc.

second person is you/yours it is just rarely used.

here is an example.

*dorkvader gets 99 in all stats*

dorkvader's friends: "you did well dorkvader! what will you do next,etc"

its never going to happen thats why i used it. so this is confusing but it looks like phil was right second party is user. but i'm not a lawyer so i dont know.

tipitlessersigea3.png

To correct you all:

First Party - Jagex

Second Party - Miniclip

Third Party - Outsiders

First party is defined as the sole company itself. The second party is a seperate company that is tied to the first party. Third party is anything that has no relation to the first party, such as this website.

actually in english there is a second point of veiw. first person is i me my our ours. third is him her it his hers, etc.

second person is you/yours it is just rarely used.

here is an example.

*dorkvader gets 99 in all stats*

dorkvader's friends: "you did well dorkvader! what will you do next,etc"

its never going to happen thats why i used it. so this is confusing but it looks like phil was right second party is user. but i'm not a lawyer so i dont know.

What he means is that there is no second person wiew, because first person is from the eyes, and third person is from the side, like runescape.

andtho im pretty sure there is secondparty. In websites, runescape.com is first party, miniclip is second, and fan sites like tipit are third. As people, Jmods are first party, players are second party, anyone who dosent play is third party.

Real life trading with rs items is like third party trading.