Godslayer's sketchs

Godslayer

I started posting in Jdprs' "Post a Sketch" thread (do it), and decided perhaps I should stop flooding it with my pencling. So, here is where I will post any sketches I want to share.

Angels, demons, and jerks:

Angelsanddemonsblackandwhite.png

First accurate self portraits:

face5ng.png

And a couple more:

Moreface.png

Self portraits are really good practice with those without modesl- all you need is a mirror and a sense of expression. Hopefully I'll do more sketches for y'all!

(Tip: Draw what you see, not what you want to or think you see. When drawing from life, don't use your imagination, use your eyes. You may have a set way of doing noses, and you'll want to do all your noses that way, but if you do, you lose the likness of the person, so simply make sure to follow all the lines and curves of the face, and mimic them without any thought of what your notion of a face should be.)

Xman, fgfuyfyuiuy0, Bloodredsword, and Smellysocks: Thanks for the kind words.

Jabraulter: Yeah, I thought it just looked cool that way. Thanks.

Knives69: The secret is to just draw them as you see them, use no connotations as to how they should look, how manly or womanly you want them to look, or what you think is silly. I thought it wouldn't look good to have the sides of my mouth extend farther than my lips strethced, but I drew what I saw and therefore I got an accurate picture of myself, and really it doesn't look like theres anything wrong, I just had the (wrong) notion that I shouldn't make it that way.

looking good, the top one is move visable without invert, however my pc screen is slightly darker than a normal one, so that may be it. always good to see a self portrate, i know what im about to say is against what your saying, but, if you want, try to do a self portrat without copying it too closly, like, make 'adjustments' basicly mess your self up, add horns whatever, or try people in a different view. your choice tho.

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

Thanks, Punc, PJB21, and your_m0ther.

You all thought this would just drop off the page and fall into the forgoten halls of TIFs past, didn't you? Admit it! But, not today at least. Hopefully, not for a while, I'll see what I can do about a new sketch every day. Todays is an update of a previous one:

Normal: (The middle, wide smiled one doesn't capture my current age well, I made the features too big for the face and created the distortion that creates the idea of youth, my favorite is the one right of it, that or the lower left one)

updatedmoreface7dq.png

And, negative for kicks:

updatedmorefacenegative3fo.png

looking good, it will be cool if you add a new one every day, exept for bandwidth...

just wondering, what ethnicity are you?

i like the one in the top right, it looks good. i dont know if its a good portrail of you however, since io dont know what you look like, so i cant comment on how colse it ios to the real thing. but it looks good, all of them do exept for the wide mouth one, it reminds me of someone i know, and dont like...

keep it up!

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

Azenrathe: Why, so I could be like everyone else? IMO, that would not 'own' at all, because I personaly, don't even play runescape. I'm not obsessed with that game just cause I'm on these boards.

Had to be kinda harsh to make sure others don't post similar things. Thanks, but I'm not godlike. Pah, I'm barely mortal, if we go on that scale.

Random: Thanks. Perhaps I'll do another demon for you sometime.

Expect some more from me tonight guys. Hopefully everyones not sick of this junk already.

U should try and do some sketches of Rs2 player in full barrows or skelly...that would own all :shock: nice drawings!!!!! *god like*

lmao someone wnats a free piccy for a sig :lol: :lol:

great sketches btw..im trying to veer off of runescape pics..im looking for better efernces.sadly all i used to draw is runescape but now I am much better :)

Heh, this one...not so good. But, failures must be learned from, so I guess I may as well display it to humble myself a bit more. Say hello to Demon, Brian Jaques, author of Redwall:

daemjaques6ui.png

Forgive me! /cringes

Common joke among my friends. He looks a little strange in this big picture of him covering the back of my redwall book, and we act like he's going to eat us. Dude freaks people out.

Thanks Greenboy.

And now, time for one not quite so craptacular:

fury4ky.png

Anoher demon, a real one for you, Random. His name is Fury, and his presence means death.

Thats all for tonight folks, I'll do some tomorrow.