Horseback Riding (completely worked out) [EDITED]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an interesting idea, but it may need refining a bit. I think it would help if the player was slightly more involved with the horse. Eg. you still have to steer it but it could move twice as fast as normal running.

As to the food an water aspect, I think 1 food/water per step is a little excessive. Maybe if food was stackable like fishing bait, you could feed the horse when its running energy was lowered to 0% and restore it. Also, there are various animal troughs in the farms around RS so u could just wait until u reached the next one.

Whilst in Stables, you could brush your horse down and add horseshoes from bronze through to dragon, and add guilded saddles. If you can't b bothered to look after it then u could pay an Ostler lyk 20 horsefeed, much like wen u pay a farmer compost or crops to look after your allotments.

I do like the idea of lances, or having throwing javelins while riding. Further expansion could lead to horse v. horse Jousting in the Duel Arena.

A wider range of horses for the higher levels would b quite appealing. From the lowest of pack-mules to pure thoroughbred race stallion, whilst using the camels for desert riding.

I like the idea! Maybe a Gertrude's Horse Quest would b in order :thumbsup:

If it moves... own it!

Ryenkishu - (Ree-en-kish-oo)

Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

1 bucket of water and feed a step? that means u cou;ld only take 14 steps for an inventory. Unless u mean 1 hop = 1 step? plz expalin

1 hop = 1 step :)

would be a bit ridiculous otherwise

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I dont think it should be a whole new skill, just an extension of agility maybe

yes since riding takes a certain amount of coordination (ive been riding 5 years) you should need a certain agility level to get a horse.

Very well thought out :wink:

att: 34 crafting:22

str: 29 prayer: 22

def: 25 mining: 37

cooking: 33 (guild) w/c: 58

magic: 18 I know im a noob. get over it.

Let's start this post off right...NICE WORK!!! You have worked hard on this topic and it should be respected. Although, it should not be a skill. It should be in possibly Agility or something. I do not support any skill that involves just transportation. Sorry, no skill - nice work.

Rcty

well thought out, but i think making a skill like this would be very pointless, you could so little things with it, even with an add on, this would be limitted in uses.

as opposed to firemaking?

How is firemaking useless? it's used frequently around runescape you know.

On topic, I'm opposed to this suggestion. Why? No offence, I mean you presented this well, but it just seems boring, a waste of time. Hey that's my opinion, I'm sure you'll get many people to support you.

idk it sound like a good idea and its really thought out but i dont think it would work its to easy for people to get around and i dont think rs wants mining, smithing, and other skills that require you to walk a bit to get to bank or to train the skill to be that easy.

• 2 weeks later...

bump

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I think Jagex has already said NO to horses... It's an awesome idea, and I've often thought about how cool horses would be, myself. But, it's just no go...

Speaking of Jagex saying no... Does anyone know why? :-k

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

• 2 weeks later...
I think Jagex has already said NO to horses... It's an awesome idea, and I've often thought about how cool horses would be, myself. But, it's just no go...

Speaking of Jagex saying no... Does anyone know why? :-k

Dunno why...

but they said no at some point to POH's...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!