My first Barrows trip is it my money maker or a bit of fun?

mujammil

as u can see in my stats that im not doing barrows now but for wen i do it i was just wondering is it my money maker or a bit of fun?

stats:

70 atk

75 str

70 def

70 range

70 mage

55 slayer

52 paryer

wat i will be wearing:

Farseer helm

mystic robe top

myatic robe bottom

mystic gloves

mystic boots

ring of life

slayer staff

ammy of glory

obby cape

Zammy book

bolt racks (i was thinking taking karlis bow because you get the ammo from the chest shud i take it?)

inventory:

spade

1 law

5 air (for cammy tele)

400 mind

100 death

ectophial

rune platebody

rune platelegs

rune kite

abby whip

karlis bow (should i take or mage short with arrows?)

black dhide body

black dhide chaps

5 prayer potions

10 sharks (do i need sharks or can i use lobs? dont no me own strength lol)

battle plan:

melle brothers i will mage with magic dart whils wearing full mustic but i will wear full rune whilst killing guthans with mage

karlis:mage him because i hear its better in lower lvl guide.i will mage him whilst weating full mystic

ahrim:range with karlis bow and bolt rack (should i do this or arrows and mage short oh and btw it will be addy arrows if i do use them)i will be wearing full b s hide. oh and btw if i hav 30 prayer points and i use a prayer pot how many points will be restored dont understand the table lol.oh and do i need to wear melle armour wen i kill guthans ?

questions:

should i take arrows and a mage short? or stick with karlis and bolt racks?

y cant i mage/range the brother oppistite the sarcoughagous safely without prayer?

since im using prayer y do i need to sidestep in the crypt?

shud i take sharks or lobs?do i really need 5 prayer pots?

someone posted on page 2 saying u pick up rune arrows.wats this about?cus if u can get them for free or something i will defenetly do this!

should i use melle armour and mage the melle brothers? i will be using prayer for all the brothers btw.

ill edit if i have any more questions!

EDIT: i hav edited the battle plan slightly and gave more info and added a question.i hav also edited my stats a little.

can someone giv me a estimated combat lvl plz.and if possible a mini guide just for me lol

MujGunGetDiv.png

As many have stated: magic dart (slayer spell) does not use magic attack so you do not want to bring mystic armour, the farseer helm is also not needed. You should wear your dragonhide against all brothers. Mage short bow is much better in my opiniun even though I've never used kharils x-bow, but its cheaper so not much to replace if you die.

Actually I think you're better off darting ahrim because it's so fast I have killed him with iron darts once and it only took 10 prayer points!

Edit~

What's the point of the whip?

Run past monsters in tunnel and use normal tactics on brother in tunnel.

Edit 2~

Should i take arrows and a mage short? or stick with karlis and bolt racks? Darts!

y cant i mage/range the brother oppistite the sarcoughagous safely without prayer? It just won't let you

since im using prayer y do i need to sidestep in the crypt? You don't but you will need to top up prayer when it goes to 10

shud i take sharks or lobs?do i really need 5 prayer pots? Sharks because accidents happen, I use 2 prayer pot (4)s per trip and am slightly higher than you so you should bring 3, hopefully you have restored your prayer after each trip though

put him in jail

Then i'll just wait for him to drop the e-soap

This should be in Help and Advice.

Anyway, you should lose some sharks (probably about 5 or 6) and bring a few more pray pots. Also, get rid of the cammy telly if you have an ectophial (you might want to replace that with more prayer pots). You would be surprised how fast barrows drains your prayer (like 10 or 20 every few seconds, I think). I've only done a few barrows runs (I stopped when I realized I wouldn't be making money from it), so you might not want to listen to me.

Just realized if you don't listen to me, I posted for nothing... O well. :lol:

I got

68 Attack

65 Str

64 def

64 range

70 mage

49 pray

And I use earth wave and rune arrows.... i use up like 2 shark and 4 p pots. I've done barrows like 20 times and its so much fun + a money maker (got guthans helm)

So..... I think your stats are fine.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Barrows is so much fun , careful though you may be addicted to it after 2 runs :) My first trip there I died, but heck I had no clue what I was doing . Now my second time I went there I was a pro, well no actually I had a pro teacher with me, * no name mentioned but you know who you are * , I had a blast got nothing good but no matter it was for the fun of it all. There is a good guide here on the forums that Leesters made and it helps tons , give it a read. But most of all just have fun and wait for goodies to come to you. btw this is to my pro teacher when are we going to barrows again soon I hope :lol:

queenvalerie.png

As many have stated: magic dart (slayer spell) does not use magic attack so you do not want to bring mystic armour, the farseer helm is also not needed

Should i take arrows and a mage short? or stick with karlis and bolt racks? Darts!

Darts don't hit well on Ahrim,take mage short bow with rune or addy arrows..

Wear monk robes if you're using slayer dart, a previously stated magic lvl does not affect hits. Rune kite really isn't need too much. Any prayer boosting item is a must when using slayer dart+prayer, I use 2 4 p pots 75 att/def/str 72 magic for every trip, sometimes less. If you bring d hide, try one trip not praying on ahrim, but your magic is low so its iffy on how much he hits. I use karils bow, but then again I'm lazy, but knives would be a good choise, cheaper too if you die. If you have ectophial, you don't need cammy tele, use the bank in the port. Replace whip with drag skimmy maybe, jsut incase you die and stuff. Any room left over stock up on food. I use lobbies, but it depends on what you think. Use leftover shark I guess.

It'll take a few runs to get used to barrows...just find out which battle plan you like the best. If you're not using an item, replace it with food(exception of ppots, I alway bring 2-3, though I never use them all. Only against guthan/dharok in the tunnel am I sometiems forced to use more)

3-4 pray pots since your pray a little low as is mage. 200 deaths 800 minds. your mage is quite low (again) and you don't wanna get dharock in tunels and run out of runes. i use 75-90 deaths and i'm 74 mage. also why u take rune stuff? for tunels? well i use black chaps and black hide with exception of lvl 70+ monster i don't get hit more than 3, and i'm getting 17+ kc every time.

pray distribution:

dharock first, you should ahve about 15-20 points left

then karil or verac, both are nasty without pray, 1 sip

now karil or verac (depends what u kileld before) 1-2 sips

guthan 1 sip, mage with hide on

torag 1 sip, mage with hide on too

ahrim you migh wanna use 2 sips. i use only one and half time fight without prayer

always leave 3 doses for tunels.

personal i have 51 pray, each sip gives me 19 pray points and i use 6 doses or less each trip. utilize safe spot in north-east corner, especialy if you get melee brother.

do 2-3 test trips. i changed a lot of stuff after few trips, to acomodate my speed and needs.

also take dueling ring. it's a bit further from altar but you can heal on nurses and save yourself few lobs.

first few runs do with sharks, then u might wanan switch with lobs. heal when your hp drops bellow 45.

i personaly on average get 20k+ profit every time i go there not including items. banked 5 drops, 2k bloods and 8k chaos while having 100+ pray pots ready for runs. it's real money maker if you're not trying to get everything.

yes each run takes me about 15-20 minutes, but i chat a lot during it, with chats off i could do in 10 mins or so.

good luck in there

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

As many have stated: magic dart (slayer spell) does not use magic attack so you do not want to bring mystic armour, the farseer helm is also not needed. You should wear your dragonhide against all brothers.

you have no idea what your talking about, i sent a query into jagex asking that and they said magic dart is like any other spell.

y dont i need to take rune armour?dont i need to kill enemys in tunnels?

i was thinking karlis cus its a lot cheaper because if i take mage short and rune arrows ill have to take bout 100 arrows which costs about 40 k and addy arrows cost 15k per trip but if i take karlis i get racks in chest so no money lost!

MujGunGetDiv.png

100 death runes won't be enough! Really, if you are unlucky and if you miss too much on one run, you can really run out of runes!

I just started barrows too, I made 9 trips so far but currently no barrows items yet but about 400 bloods, 1k chaos, 70 bolt racks and more minds and deaths that I started out with. I bring 2 pray pots(4) every time but most of the time I only use 1 pot. I use prayer for everyone except Torag and Guthan

y dont i need to take rune armour?dont i need to kill enemys in tunnels?

i was thinking karlis cus its a lot cheaper because if i take mage short and rune arrows ill have to take bout 100 arrows which costs about 40 k and addy arrows cost 15k per trip but if i take karlis i get racks in chest so no money lost!

quick question: do u use full rune when u need to kill some goblin? it takes up 3 spots in inventory and gives you very little use. with 3 lobs you will ge more kills than with full rune.

but if you like to try go ahead, it's your money and your time :)

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

As many have stated: magic dart (slayer spell) does not use magic attack so you do not want to bring mystic armour, the farseer helm is also not needed. You should wear your dragonhide against all brothers.

you have no idea what your talking about, i sent a query into jagex asking that and they said magic dart is like any other spell.

Try it youself. If there is a difference it will only be an average of a third more of a hp damage.

put him in jail

Then i'll just wait for him to drop the e-soap

Magic Dart's not effected by your magic attack bonus. I always magic dart with at least -30 bonus and it did not differ from when I have +80 bonus.

If it's affected by it, I'll be missing ever shot /w -30.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

Off topic:

Magic Dart is not effected by Mage bonus! Sorry all barrowers that bought Full ahrim and inifinity boots.

I almost live at barrows ((Little less now since I am at Abbys form 85 slayer))

And I use full guthan and use Dart. I hit exactly the same and use less PPots ((Non on Guthan, Torag, and sometimes Verac))

Save space in your inv. Just bring full rune/dragon Black hide legs body (for ahrim)

Mage Karil, faster then melee for most lvl's

Always use Prayer on Karil and ahrim! Trust me

Also be full health in tunnel if you get Dharok... See alot of people make this mistake...

Good luck

i was wondering should i take abby whip?or shud i stick with a d scim?

and secondly if anyone would be so kind to post what i would be wearing and wats in my invent at my lvl i would be incredibly thankful and u wou ld be a very nice person lol.so plz plz plz can someone post wat i would be wearing and wats in my invent like i posted and if possible a battle plan for me THANK U SO MUCH!!!!!!

MujGunGetDiv.png

so can someone plz clearly answer my question of karlis bow or mage short and rune arrows but if i do use rune arrows it costs 40k a trip!how do u guys get ur arrows?cus ther arent may sellers of rune arrows on forums and i get my bolt racks from chest y isnt karlis ow gd?its a barrows item isnt it supposed to be great?

plz can someone post wat my invent and wat i would be wearing is plz?

should i take rune armour or just range armour and mage armour?on the tip it barrow guide it says u need to take all three armour and im probably getting my prayer more higher and oh can someone tell me what my combat would be at these lvls?my prayer will probably be 52 and my mage will probably be higher like 65 66 67 or 68 something like that and can someone giv me tips on how to get mage up plz cus im bored of curse failing!

MujGunGetDiv.png

since mage armour doesnt get affect magic dart should i just take full b d hide and full rune?should i wear full b d hide wen i use magic dart plz answer my questions and plz post wat i would be wearing and in my incent plz ty so much thank you for spending some time on me ty so much!

MujGunGetDiv.png

You can pick up rune arrows...

If those are your stats in your sig, you shouldn't go.. 43 prayer is a MUST!

Also you should be at least 65-75 range

Just use Iniatiate armor or Rune armor if you can use slayer dart.. If your not using slayer dart then just bring some mage outfit you can afford to lose.

Do not bring whip. Well until you have done 5-10 trips and you have a good feel for it.

I average see 1 to 2 people die there a day and I get tired chasin people down to give their stuff back..

Just read leesters guide and that should help you.

Wear monk robes if you're using slayer dart, a previously stated magic lvl does not affect hits.

I don't know who was the moron to come up with that, but its a lie. No matter how bad their magic defense is, no matter how negative, it's still there. When I'm in Ahrims Robes using Magic Dart on Dharok, Karil, and Verac (with Prayer) I hit WAAAY better, practically never splashing, then I do in melee armor maging Torag and Guthan (no Prayer). Monk Robes give no advantage, so they'd be inbetween Melee armor and Ahrims, close to Melee armor ([-20][0][100] Ever noticed how every good player who goes to the Barrows is in Mystic, Ahrims, or melee armor? Monks robes are NOT the way to go.

Off topic:

Magic Dart is not effected by Mage bonus! Sorry all barrowers that bought Full ahrim and inifinity boots.

I almost live at barrows ((Little less now since I am at Abbys form 85 slayer))

And I use full guthan and use Dart. I hit exactly the same and use less PPots ((Non on Guthan, Torag, and sometimes Verac))

Save space in your inv. Just bring full rune/dragon Black hide legs body (for ahrim)

Mage Karil, faster then melee for most lvl's

Always use Prayer on Karil and ahrim! Trust me

Also be full health in tunnel if you get Dharok... See alot of people make this mistake...

Good luck

Can you confirm that from somewhere? Is there some official page that says it that I missed? :?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

The only reason slayer dart hits so good on the melee brothers is because of their 0 (or is it negative?) magic defence. They have absolutely NO magic defence, of course you would hit with a low magic bonus. I've seen people use slayer dart on karil and ahrim and splash a lot, and that is because they have HIGH magic defence. I do not see why they would make a magic bonus have no effect on slayer dart when your other combat bonuses effect the other slayer equipment.. would that make sense at all?

Oh and what is wrong with monk robes? I use monk robes with a +30(ish) Magic bonus so I can slow my prayer drain rate, and I rarely ever splash. It saves prayer so why not?

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

I would like to know how exactly people know that magic dart is not affected by magic bonus...Does it say that anywhere or do people just assume that?

It seems people assume it, even the experienced among us :? . I myself don't believe it, because I do hit better with a higher magic bonus with Magic Dart, and I've seen no official announcement that its true. Its just a massive rumor, a virus that has speard much too far.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.