What Rs2 Could Learn From the Rsc Pk System

darkashuran

i know theres going to be alot of anti pk spam/flame but im sick of how rs2 is really ruining pking now unless your uber good u might get a kill.now heres what i think rs2 could learn from rsc pk system.

#1:no leaving the combat for the first 3 mins

#2:no eating while during combat

if these things were brought back i think pking would become a little more enjoyable.

Haley610 and Ashuran22 Together IRL and RS ,I Love You Forever !

There are so many things that are already there that serve these purposes they can't just add them. Binds/ice spells for example are the new way to force them to stay.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

^^ what he said :P

And if you couldn't eat food in combat,there would be no more CE,KBD..Alot of things,outrage would break out :shock:

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

^^ what he said :P

And if you couldn't eat food in combat,there would be no more CE,KBD..Alot of things,outrage would break out :shock:

I think he's trying to just make these changes in the wilderness in PvP, but these ideas just don't work in RS2 anymore.

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

How many people here can honestly say they were around durring rsc, let alone pked alot? You'r not going to get many good replies, but here's my opinion. Rsc had three real aspects that made a diference, in game skills, luck, and catch. In game skills made a huge diference, especialy with the old combat calculator. A pure could easily hit half it's combat level (56 could hit a 28 with r2h), if they had the right stats. Luck is luck, and with a 3 round system luck mattered alot. Unfortuntly, luck is bad because it lets bad kids get good hits ;) Last is catch, and was really the only thing that kept rsc pking alive. If you could catch and had catch, you could reattack them while they run. Without it they could just easily run away without any way to stop them.

The skills part of pking had been seriously downgraded, and has put alot more focus on actual pking talent. This is both good and bad, however you want to see it. Luck is still here, and that 31-29 dagger combo will ko an opponent 99% of the time, but plays a slightly less role. THe last is catch, wich is obsolete now with the introduction of bind spells as well as attacking while they run. I think getting rid of the 3 hits system was a good move on jagex's part as long as they balenced the system out. The right timing between eating food, the right ammount of damage done based on stats, and good weapons make the system work well.

So in conclusion, rs2 is fine, get over it 8-)

~Bepo

Because bepo is always right

RSN: Z A M 0 (it's a zero)

74 att - 45 def - 76 str - 72 hp - 52 pray - 91 magic

Feel free to give me a shout, private is always ON

i wish their was a rsc section of the wildy, itd be fun to introduce people to the crazy combat system of yester-year, then maybe people wouldnt complain, but sadly i think theyd complain wayyy more since...well they could

why were ppl sayin it would ruin kq and kbd i thought this post was about pking... and if you say kbd is in wildy the entrance is but he isn't cant attack each other down there so his suggestions dont effect it

They were thinking the "no food during combat" was wanted to apply to the entire game, and that you couldn't fight any high lvl monsters.

NO Protection Prayers other than item.

They are there for a reason. Maybe getting your own prayer that high then you would not be saying that. I dont understand why people flame what they call "prayer noobs". I personally never got to enjoy classic to its full extent and so I am out of this debate.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

They are there for a reason. Maybe getting your own prayer that high then you would not be saying that. I dont understand why people flame what they call "prayer noobs". I personally never got to enjoy classic to its full extent and so I am out of this debate.

The char slicer92 before it got banned was about 114 combat with arround 70 prayer, so your comment is kinda redundant, his current char is 107 comb with 61 prayer.

Lol ok wow.I had extremely high prayer for my level.It was 60+ by time i got 100 about 2 years back.I never used it because it was a horrible addition.

Protection prayers ruined pking in so many ways.

-A person could run into single and use melee prayer to call more people to to waste time.

-Melee prayer is used for people to successfully X-out at fire giants or chaos dwarves.

-It basicly delayed the inediable

-The people who would win relied on quick clicking specials and decent stats.Now it would probaly be who has more pray pots.

-Mage prayer if used before teleblocked cut the time your are tbed in half making it easy for people to escape.

Protection prayers was probaly the 1-3 worst thing in Rs2.

Lol ok wow.I had extremely high prayer for my level.It was 60+ by time i got 100 about 2 years back.I never used it because it was a horrible addition.

Protection prayers ruined pking in so many ways.

-A person could run into single and use melee prayer to call more people to to waste time.

-Melee prayer is used for people to successfully X-out at fire giants or chaos dwarves.

-It basicly delayed the inediable

-The people who would win relied on quick clicking specials and decent stats.Now it would probaly be who has more pray pots.

-Mage prayer if used before teleblocked cut the time your are tbed in half making it easy for people to escape.

Protection prayers was probaly the 1-3 worst thing in Rs2.

No eating during combat? Rofl. Don't think so.

Maybe not 100% teleportation could be brought back, that'd make wilderness "better" for you probably.

All you need is tb runes or tber and you can pk a lot of people. I know I have. :wink:

Also to slicer; protection prayers are actually a good update IMO. Sure, it might ruined the wilderness, but other than that, its so useful. You can't do barrows without prayer(well you can, but most people use pray anyway). You can't do Full Dharocks with Great Axe max hit experiment without prayer, unless you're at duel arena. But there's a salve amulet now. Most people need prayer to do Barrows, although some pures have done it without it(used friends). Not a flame, but I think that just because wilderness has been ruined a little, doesn't mean it's one of the worst updates in RS2.

94magesigid1.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=525348 - My Pking Gallery

I'M BACK FOR SUMMER BABY

Maybe not 100% teleportation could be brought back, that'd make wilderness "better" for you probably.

All you need is tb runes or tber and you can pk a lot of people. I know I have. :wink:

Also to slicer; protection prayers are actually a good update IMO. Sure, it might ruined the wilderness, but other than that, its so useful. You can't do barrows without prayer(well you can, but most people use pray anyway). You can't do Full Dharocks with Great Axe max hit experiment without prayer, unless you're at duel arena. But there's a salve amulet now. Most people need prayer to do Barrows, although some pures have done it without it(used friends). Not a flame, but I think that just because wilderness has been ruined a little, doesn't mean it's one of the worst updates in RS2.

Im all for protection prayers,just not in the wilderness.Remember in Rsc protection prayers only affected Npc's,not players :P

Actually, RS1's 'paralyze monster' would have let us do all of the positive things that you mentioned and none of the negative things you mentioned.... :P

Im all for protection prayers,just not in the wilderness.Remember in Rsc protection prayers only affected Npc's,not players :P

Well I don't remember because in RSC my pray was 6. :oops:

Actually, RS1's 'paralyze monster' would have let us do all of the positive things that you mentioned and none of the negative things you mentioned.... :P

I think I remember that, I don't know, all I did back on RSC was fool around with friends, mine, kill hill giants, and save for a mask my friend always told me to get. :oops:

94magesigid1.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=525348 - My Pking Gallery

I'M BACK FOR SUMMER BABY

take out the mulit,non mulit combat zone trash. everywhere in the wildy should be free game for gang beating. if your some 4eye freaked that doesnt want any e-friends then u shouldnt be pking. pking is best in groups. and when u take out eh group aspect and bring in this single combat zone bs. it really takes away from the fun of it.

take out the mulit,non mulit combat zone trash. everywhere in the wildy should be free game for gang beating. if your some 4eye freaked that doesnt want any e-friends then u shouldnt be pking. pking is best in groups. and when u take out eh group aspect and bring in this single combat zone bs. it really takes away from the fun of it.

Then pking would take no skill,just who has the biggest team.Worst suggestion ever :?

LMAO what makes this even funnier is that a DF member posted it. :D all you do is run and tree hug.....

Now if you want to know what RS2 can really learn from RSC? Simple remember how in RSC we all had to learn to Catch? Well some people are so stupid that they don't realize that with the new "tree Hugging" technique still Requires you to learn to catch. To tell the Truth its alot easier in RS2 aswell.... :?

mepoulinsigxv29qy.gif

Once in a life time!

dukefreedomdead1ng.png

well you could hit more damage back then in the 3 rounds and btw OMG there was a kbd in rsc... so dont whine about it and get over it and yes catching... i never was good at it but i just killed some pures with my tank mage ^^

sig312.png

angel2w.gif