Tip.It Times Presents: Summer 2006

oddfaery2

TIP. IT 4 ever! Even if runescape comes out with calcs and planners and guides and whatever else they can think of, I'll stay here.

Way better comunity :wall: :mrgreen:

I have to completely agree with u. they have the best community in the world for rs.

If u need something contact Alternate125 or I--0wn--u--2 the 0 is a zero

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An ok article, not very long, and not too much that I actually cared about, and for the schools getting out, it's not just Universities that get out, my cousin got out on the 5th, but she starts august 10th :D . Just to wait 29 more days... then freedom from a living nightmare.

peterka111.png

I am no macroer. BUT i really like them, since many of us could live alot cheaper when more of them were here. We could have cheaper rune essence (okay ... pure essence), sharks, yews, and and and...

So why does every1 hate them? Just do things macroers cant do like fletching, merchanting, smithing, pking, herblore, farming,...

Good article. No doubt many Runescape fan sites are going to have to become more creative now that Jagex is finally coming out with their knowledge base thing but keeping years ahead of Jagex's website has never been a problem for tip.it in the past so I doubt that it will become one. :wink:

Hey Mr Editor, its not just young Americans that finish school for holidays, the europeans do too, case in point where i live they finish end of June. Dont forget that it isn't just americans who play rs and use these forums.

That said, not a bad article :wink:

Dracofragger.png

first drag drop (skirt) 21/08/06, second (spear) 29/09/07

Heh, I won't be out until the 27th, then I have to work sometime after. :oops:

Why I personally hate macroers: they're gaining advantages for another person in a cheap shot way. You may think they're lowering the price and it's good because buyers can get stuff cheaply, but keep in mind that hurts honest players who are also trying to make a decent "earning" on RuneScape.

You'll have to get rid of those links to RS money buying sites if Tip.it is ever going to be seen as "legitimate" by Jagex.
Tip.it does not have links to RS Money Buying sites. What you see are Google Text Ads that we do not control. To put it in layman terms: if one of Tip.it's keywords is buying, ads regarding RuneScape and buying would be showing up. And unfortunately it'd show up bad stuff too.

If you do see a bad ad, please report it to the staff so that it can be dealt with by the appropriate processes involved.

This summer should be fun for many people, particularly in the clan community... I smell lots of wars coming! 8-)

I think that the good tip.it sites that have been around since god knows when should be linked with rs.com in someway... you guys deserve some credit.

Actually, they should not be endorsed. Material from the fansites, if useful, should be incorporated (with all necessary permissions, etc) into the official site.

Jagex has a responsibility to its customers. They cannot endorse a fansite and encourage people to visit that fansite if they can't ensure the quality, security, and availability of that fansite. I think the recent information leak incident illustrates that very well, and will further convince Jagex not to endorse third-parties.

I personally like Tip.it the best, and was disappointed to hear about the leak. But I still don't think Jagex should endorse Tip.it, or any other fansite. Fansites won't disappear, they will just have to offer unique content. So RuneScape improves, Fansites improve, and fans/customers benefit.

-M

The knowledge base will be more concise and thorough than any fan site. That's something to worry about, especially if your a tip.it fanatic. I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years they (jagex) start neglecting more and more fansites that in the past have been "partners", as scam sites. I don't see how it could be a win-win situation for these "fan sites" as they get nothing out of the bargain. Unless they become original and start doing things like interviewing Zezima for example, fansites will start declining in popularity very quick.

Why is it something to worry about? If Tip.it, or any other fansite, is #1 to you, then you do not need to go anywhere else: Tip.it will still be here. However, if you are like the majority of the people who come here and RuneScape is why you visit Tip.it, then this is addition is wonderful news.

Fansites fill a void, and will always be imperfect in doing so. If Jagex can officially support things, then the FANS (customers) benefit. Isn't that what's most important?

The Zezima interview was neat, but not anything super-spectacular. He gave good advice: set goals, and work to achieve them. That's information useful in RuneScape and in life, but it's also advice most parents would also give.

But the interview shows that he's just another guy who plays RuneScape, like any of the rest of us, so leave him alone and let him play in peace.

-M

Jagex is never going to release full quest guides , only hints , I'll bet anything on that , no game company publishes ALL the answers on how to play their game.

That's actually what I want. I primarily look at the quest database here to find out what items to include when I'm going to a quest (unless it's a new quest) because I despise a lot of walking back and forth to get one item at a time. But sometimes, I do get stuck, particularly on some totally non-logical parts. That's where I look for the hints.

I don't go to another popular fansite for quest hints, because they post the whole solution, almost "in your face": I really like the "show/hide" feature for quest solutions here. But when I do need a hint, it's still a spoiler because the whole solution is given to me. I may do things in a different order, so while scanning for the part where I am stuck, I see solutions to part of the quest I haven't attempted yet.

What Jagex is offering is exactly what I want: it's a hint for the exact place in the quest where you are stuck. They even offer a "full solution" to the current step in the quest you are facing, which rightly should be limited by a points system.

Now, as far as that points system for non-spoiler hints....

-M

its true jagey have been working hard to improve rs, they are doing as gd job, but because i free from work this summer before uni, i wont be play more than normal. only when i have free time :D

• 2 weeks later...

i know this forum is old, but it just came To the top so i am posting.

anyways. May 14th? kids out of school?!?!?! wow. they dont get out until around June 10th here. it was a decent read but a little redundant. :-P i believe rare prices will SKI ROCKET. this summer.

for one. More people playing, More people doing skills, more money generated, more people playing. MORE OF everything!!!! ok. thats just my guess.

tatu-

mysig11sv5.png