Tip.It Times Presents: Summer 2006

oddfaery2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the summer months are going to definetly be interesting.

We're going to see hundreds maybe even thousands of new players and probably new members. Training areas will become crowded and hopefully Jagex will counter this with even more worlds.

I know that with more free time people will be Abyss Pking (So i'm going to be Abyss RCing for the few days I don't have school on school days) making Runecrafting that much harder.

I look forward to the summer as I'll be able to play every other day instead of an hour about once a week. Hopefully with their "Anti-Macro" technology that is in development we'll see a massive reduction in the Autoers before the summer begins.

The knowledge base will be more concise and thorough than any fan site. That's something to worry about, especially if your a tip.it fanatic. I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years they (jagex) start neglecting more and more fansites that in the past have been "partners", as scam sites. I don't see how it could be a win-win situation for these "fan sites" as they get nothing out of the bargain. Unless they become original and start doing things like interviewing Zezima for example, fansites will start declining in popularity very quick.

Jagex is never going to release full quest guides , only hints , I'll bet anything on that , no game company publishes ALL the answers on how to play their game.

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

I think it was a good article. I know im going to become a member for the 1st time this summer. And I can't wait for the new game engine update because i get like a 30k connection on a windows 98 so it's really bad. Btw, do you think I'll be able to finish the Legends Quest before school starts up again?

Decent article. Could've been better if it had information that was useful or entertaining to me. :)

I agree, though. Jagex has been doing a good job catching cheaters and updating the KB. Summer will surely bring busy worlds. Jagex may have to put their new hardware to good use and make a few more.

Good Article

Jagex will stop them macroers. :oops: :wink:

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

I don't think this was tip.it best article, it raised a few issues though. And before saying that rares would go up, I hope you consulted the one and only true master merchant!! If you didn't it would be nice to get some thoughts from Duke on what the disappearance of 200 santas and everything else will do to prices, I noticed most things have already gone up by about 20% in the last few weeks. Lucky me!!

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

Its seems to me that this article was written just to have something written :lol: . What i mean, is that they didn't have anything deep to write so they come up with this.

But i like it. Its simple and straightforeward. Doesn't give us much insight, just arranges those ideas floating in our head. And yes, i have to agree, lots more of players will be on during the summer. And i do wonder what will happen with the market. The normal market.... Nature runes, yews, etc. Mabye the prices will rise, fall, or stay the same. Hmmm, that doesn't say much does it, guess i should shut up now.

18/22 skills at or better than 60.

1300+ skill total.

Barrows:Torag's Helm x2, Guthan's Helm, Guthan's Warspear, Dharok's Greataxe, died to dharok, Guthan's Platebody, Ahrim's Hood. All in a total of 104 runs.

um ok i dont get the part about us Americans.......none of us r out of school yet...........

Zam0whip o00- the rune pure I own

Stats: 79/80 attk 85/86 str 75/77 hp 43/45 def

D sccimes/longs PKed:19 Whips pked:1 Mauls:4

dds's pked :41 bloods:1045

mystic items:15 deaths:866

um ok i dont get the part about us Americans.......none of us r out of school yet...........

Then you're obviously not in a University yet. There are several Colleges that literally just had their Graduation Ceremonies on this past Saturday (13th).

very interesting to think about. Although I can assure everyone that giving a gift (even a valuable rare) will not cause jagex to ban your account. They are capable of keeping a thorough enough record of what you do on a regular basis to see wether or not you are actually "muling". Also due to the average mule being a low level it is unlikely that your account would be shut down for gift giving if you are a decently active player with some scattered levels and quests under your belt.

sir%20nomad.gif

good article, however, i think you just take it out becasue the zezima interview took too long and you didnt have a better idea than writtong about amarican`s olidasy and advantages. But the bad part of the article is that not everyone here is from U.S.A., so some people do not understand all this holidays celebration

I , somehow, like it, 7/10

S_M_JaGeD.gif

good article, still like many others i don't get the relevance to summer. I think jagex is trying to take out the dependance on fansites with the knowledge base (eventually). but i don't think they realize that in doing so they are making the game much less challenging for those who don't use fansites anyways

...or they're just helping... :D

hmmm i thought i remember that jagex said that they were banning acc that had like the same ip adress or something to stop all the macroing.

If i am wrong plz correct me thnx

If u need something contact Alternate125 or I--0wn--u--2 the 0 is a zero