Tip.It Times Presents: Summer 2006

oddfaery2

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Summer 2006

The Editor

Young Americans are soon, if not already, out of school for the summer months. With the massive growth of RuneScape this past year, we can count on thousands of players to enjoy the warm weather, beautiful sunshine, and birds singing... when they glimpse out their windows, while sitting in their nice air conditioned rooms, enjoying the world of RuneScape even more...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post! will edit after i read

Ok article, well actually i didn't really understand it :P

Too late right now

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

there's a little bit of criticism in the article, I like that. But giving away an party hat is very suspicious, it's worth millions!

It's overall a good article, i'll give it a 8.

First post! will edit after i read

Whats so great about first post anyway?

On topic, nice article. I'm looking forward to this new game engine anyway, hopefully help people like me with rubbish computers.

I'm in two minds about whether you should have posted a certain person's name in the article, as you do have a no naming rule with regards to rule breakers.

Still wondering who The Editor is...

runemsanta,ishepp.gif

89/99 farming

With more people having a break from school, this is the the time they should be releasing all their important updatess. That way they can get alot more members and money.

Like the Editor said though, fan site will always have a place in rs. Things like clan discussion, guides to everything and a great community atmosphere are just a number of things that the rs site cannot replicate.

Like the Editor said though, fan site will always have a place in rs. Things like clan discussion, guides to everything and a great community atmosphere are just a number of things that the rs site cannot replicate.

I agree with you, no matter what they do the runescape official forums can never be as good as these...

Can someone link me to what the deal is with Duke Freedom?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Can someone link me to what the deal is with Duke Freedom?

He got banned from RuneScape because he traded his RuneScape wealth for real life wealth.

I'm a little dissapointed this has to be written again, yes he made a mistake but he still deserves a little respect.

signature4s.jpg

Yes, the article was intresting and very good reading. Still, i have some compassion for Duke, even if he did broke the rules. Pood dude... He lost a ton of stuff and GP...But still, the phrase: "Once famed, now Shamed" was good, it made me think about how hard it is to get fameous, and how easy is to give it all away...

:Sorry for spelling mistakes :P

S11m.gif
Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

mm, good stuff, the game engine update will be one i'll enjoy,

! sounds and firefox combined!! such joy!!!

i leave my school, forever, next thursday , gcse study leave, hehe, and then a 13 week break before college! o.o

4smallerxu3.png

moopycn7.png

i believe that tip.it should uphold the no naming names rule it sets down, and the editor should remove duke_freedom's name from the article as soon as possible.

its a well written article, i just dont see the relevance of the summer holidays bit. maybe it means all you american kids need to get off runescape and get out irl. other than that, im looking forward to the changing of the runescape engine. should make the game a whole lot better.

Stallion4589.png

Today I only kind of liked the Tip It Times. With the title name I would have expected something more about, say summer events, ideas for summer fun, or speculated updates. This was more of a Tip It Times that was looking back to recent updates, instead of forward to future updates.

91 RC!!! #332 to get it!

"D'you wear a black armband

When they shot the man

Who said 'Peace could last forever'" Guns N' Roses

I'm in two minds about whether you should have posted a certain person's name in the article, as you do have a no naming rule with regards to rule breakers.

Although my opinion was not asked here, I'll take the liberty to say I'm ok with it, though I think the part that says "Once famed, now Shamed" is trying to put words and thoughts into people minds that do not necessarily exist and thus shouldn't have been said.

Furthermore, since the story doesn't seem to have ended yet, Jagex broke my privacy rights and apparently break their own confidentiality rules by leaking out what I said to them in the appeals I sent to them to other "normal" player(s?) who are even in the position of being a forum mod for Jagex. The irony in this is even worse, considering Jagex 'accused' me of "possibly abusing my player moderator position" in their reply on the appeal, for which they have absolutely no evidence and won't ever find any evidence.

Therefore I think this article is far too positive about Jagex actions - apparently Jagex themself don't mind breaking rules either?

i leave my school, forever, next thursday , gcse study leave, hehe, and then a 13 week break before college! o.o

Hehe that is the best break ever I had such a blast after my GCSE's.

Now all i get too look forward to holiday wise is 25 days a year.

Thank god for the person who invented Bank Holidays - 3 Day Weekend

Ajc100.png

Although my opinion was not asked here, I'll take the liberty to say I'm ok with it, though I think the part that says "Once famed, now Shamed" is trying to put words and thoughts into people minds that do not necessarily exist and thus shouldn't have been said.

Furthermore, since the story doesn't seem to have ended yet, Jagex broke my privacy rights and apparently break their own confidentiality rules by leaking out what I said to them in the appeals I sent to them to other "normal" player(s?) who are even in the position of being a forum mod for Jagex. The irony in this is even worse, considering Jagex 'accused' me of "possibly abusing my player moderator position" in their reply on the appeal, for which they have absolutely no evidence and won't ever find any evidence.

Therefore I think this article is far too positive about Jagex actions - apparently Jagex themself don't mind breaking rules either?

i have to agree with duke_freedom. there are way too many rules being blurred by all parties involved. perhaps some editing of the tip.it times is neccesary to ensure no harm happens to anyone?

Stallion4589.png

Well, I didnt really see much point to the article either it was just like 'amjor activity going down next week, jagex getting tighter, duke got banned'. The stuff about duke is news to me, I dropped of rs again a few months ago now after major connection issues. I also dont think his name should be removed from the article, because unlike naming names on the forum about people who action hasnt yet been taken against, duke has been tried(lol) and punished for what he did, and its cquite clearly true he did it(although i read it as 'once framed, now shamed' at first). He's held his hands up, and unless he has a major problem with his name being in there, I think it should stay, it also serves to point out that rule breaking is taken seriously, even against pmods.

As for you Duke, I'd like to say I'm dissappointed in you, but I don't really think I am. If you'd broken any other rules, I probably would be, but you were just trying to make a bit of cash for the real world, and money is one of my favourite things. I just dont think jagex like the idea of people getting rich off their success, and it does put some players at a certain advantage. I myself have contemplated doing it, but never wanted to in case of getting banned, and all the problems which may arise from it as well in the real world trades and stuff. I get a feeling this topic may turn more into a topic about you, than about the article, because I didnt really see much of note in there.

(as a side note, I'm actually curious as to how much you actually made from the whole thing, you could PM and tell me if you want *nudge nudge wink wink*).

Junkieman608.png

Ok not one of my favorite times. That being said most all of us want the cheats gone, but I still think its wrong to name names with or without permisson. Hopefully the new engine will have much better anti maco without being a pain for legit players. We shall see. If they truely want to stop it its going to take more than a tooken effort. There is a lot of real world money at stake. In order to stop it they are going to have to make it good enough that it cost thousands of dollars to beat it. Other wize they will never win the war.

I miss you Justice my angel on earth and now in heaven " quem di diligunt, adolescens moritur " for whom the gods love die young. April 6th 2005 - February 17th 2009