What is the closest you've come to riches?

flava_sava78

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was pking at dark wizards in RSC and someone who was just 1 level out of my attacking range (too high) was killing dark wizards with full rune, rune 2h and a yellow party hat.

someone convinced him to walk the next level north and i attacked him (he was slightly damaged, plus he was unpure) I managed to 3 hit him by some MIRACLE (all i can remember is my second hit was 20+ after a very meager first hit) and all of his stuff fell to my feet :wink:

I sold the yellow for some ridiculously low amount under 400k :oops: it was worth like 700k at the time too :oops: that hat i sold is worth 82m now :oops: I have barely 10m at the moment too :oops:

lotta :oops: 's Oh well at least im a proven pker in both rsc and rs2 :wink:

Did i mention i had 3 green masks < 5 months ago? When i went back to f2p i sold all i had for 3 greens, i paid like 7m total fro them and resold when i went p2p again for slightly more.

I know I would've sold the yellow once it was like 8 million though, i would've never been smart enough to let it hit 70m+ so i don't even feel bad

Oh and another story : i gave a red mask away like 2-3 hours after the drop. haha, the guy who i gave it to probably quit years ago

And one last one : when the halloween masks were dropped, I had to compete with deadskinmask for them. He happen to be right near me at the time, he beat me to a few of them and i only got like 3-4

Oh and i have a santa in RSC still :lol: I don't sweat any of this though because I've been able to sustain my character on pking/very easy merchanting...if I had to start over and make money from mining or fishing or something id shoot myself

The way I see it is im lucky enough to not have to grind out sharks or something stupid to buy the things I want which lets me play the game however I want. Not many ppl can say that, especially not in Runescape 2

edit: just thought of another...When RSC was in it's last 5-8 months of life, i had like 44 rune 2 handed swords sitting in my bank that i could've sold for a lot of money, but at the time i HATED runescape..I wanted no part of this game so i just let them become an RS2 item where they were worthless :lol: I ended up alching them in rs2

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

Well now...

When my origional f2p char got banned about 15 months ago, he had 2 santas, they were worth about 400kea at the time, they would add on nicely to my collection now.

Other than that my bro got hacked and lost 7 santas, I swear if that was me I would've killed myself! I remember someone cutting willows in f2p with green phat, rune axe, and1 other item(can't remember), I think he might have been an autoer, don't know, but he died from tree spirit but never dropped his phat, so annoying that I pmed him and asked if it was even possible to lose rares when die-ing(yer I was a noob back then). I wish he had dropped it!!

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

Well now...

When my origional f2p char got banned about 15 months ago, he had 2 santas, they were worth about 400kea at the time, they would add on nicely to my collection now.

Other than that my bro got hacked and lost 7 santas, I swear if that was me I would've killed myself! I remember someone cutting willows in f2p with green phat, rune axe, and1 other item(can't remember), I think he might have been an autoer, don't know, but he died from tree spirit but never dropped his phat, so annoying that I pmed him and asked if it was even possible to lose rares when die-ing(yer I was a noob back then). I wish he had dropped it!!

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

Well now...

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

Well now...

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

:shock: quadruple post?!?! how can he manage to do that???

ON TOPIC: i was going to meet my friend and i was 1 click away from her. suddenly she PMs me saying, :omg i found a santa on the ground". when i got to her she showed it to me. the killer? it happened today...im still feeling mad at myself that i hadnt ran instead of walked to where she was

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Just after the P hat dupe in RSC, I had a mask set and Someone offered to buy it for 4 Half wines. I declined

Next day I see people buying Half wines 20M ea... (Mask sets were only worth 2M back then)

Wow... that obviously never happened then...

1) Masks were not worth 1,000,000gp each until way after RS2's release.

2) Half-Wines were worthless on RS1. You could still make them.

Were you even around on RS1?

monotonesiguv2.png

Closes I've ever been to riches:

Found out my sisters boyfriend played rs back in RSC. I asked him if he had any phats, masks, ect., because they are worth alot now. He replies "oh yeah, i had a party hat." I'm thinking, "wow if only he would give me that." Well, I ask him, so he tries to log on. He can't remember account name or pass. We try to register a few of the accounts too see if they were in use, so we figured out the account name. But now he can't remember the password. He tried a little bit, but is still trying to remember it. If only he can :(

Don't flame me saying it never was legal or any of that...

Anyway. before sig selling was officially declared illegal by Jagex, I was in the lead in a Pixel sig competition and I was pretty likely to win. The prize was 10m. Also, I was in that recent story contest in which the prize for the best story was a Santa Hat. The person holding the competition had told me I had a great chance of winning.

To bad...neither of those paid off. :(

panoramiadk9.gif

I dont think I ever got a chance for quik big bucks because I wouldve grabbed it :P

Anyways I bought mask for red 13m blue 9m and green 7m and a week later they were worth more then double.

I didnt sell because I wasn't sure if they would rise more and then they dropped back to regular value :P

I now hav managed to buy a green phat for 98mill 2 weeks ago apart from my mask set and santa and I don't think I'll ever even sell them... :P

When I was around level 60 (which was long ago) a dude offer to sell me a party hat for 2 mil and I had several million at the time.

That actually happen to a lot of us I believe and we just thought that party hats were a waste of money. Now that they have raised in price, I regret.

I should have bought party hats simply because they look cool, but I was to stuborn with my gp.

:(

~Aprzepioski

aprzanimateddarkci0.gif

Well... On topic then. I have extremely bad luck with rares, every time i buy one, the price drops, so I sell it for like 200k less than I bought for. The next day I go on forums and for some reason check the prices, and they've risen up a lot higher than before.... I'm the cursed one, I could control the rare market that way :twisted:

Yes, Im not the only one! I sold my santa hat for 7.7m cash b4 they raised to 9.5m! :evil: Luckily I didnt lose anything tho, no luck on a autoer\afk trainer dying with good stuff tho

1600+ Total.

18.3m/25m - DFS (or maybe a BGS)

A few months before the pure ess change I traded full guthans for like 285k ess or something like that. I then traded it and got like 150k profit, amazing I thought at the time...

Now pure ess is up to like 120 each. I made 150k I could make like 34M. Kick me please.

Also before the mask rise, I sold my red for 8Mil. Now 20Mil. Kick me again!

*kicks biabf twice*

i sold my santa for like 280k ess, and i thought omg how am i gonna sell all this now. that was two days before the pure ess update. now, the night before the pure ess update im still playing at midnight trying to sell those 280k for a santa back or even a mask coz selling all those i thought would take too long (it doesnt take that long if you sell it cheap though.. )

then i gave up and went to bed. lol the next morning im like omg they changed ess just whn i had 280k in bank and i thought they were like uber cheap now. i come back home after school and theyre 40each. sold all my ess and i was so happy i made 3.4M profit in two days on my santa. now they are 100 each i couldve made almost 20M+ :(:( kick me!

same thing with the masks, i almost got scammed my blue mask with this dam edge scam which i did not know at the time. i had 4 items and no pray left, dropped my glory to save mask lol. then i just didnt wanna see the mask again and sold it right away. guess what.. 2 days later, RS2 mass ban, another 2 days after the ban masks were up almost double the prices. :( kick me again!

fastforce.png

lunarvu1.png

i used to have a mask set, and collected enough money to get a d chain if i sold it (set was 18m at the time)

so i sold the set and got my chain for a cool 20m. Couple months pass...and now red masks are as much as my set was.

So mad about that....stupid shiny d chain.....grrrr

casketwl7.png

Sig Under Construction

Current Goals: FIshing 91/99 Cooking 93/99

A few months before the pure ess change I traded full guthans for like 285k ess or something like that. I then traded it and got like 150k profit, amazing I thought at the time...

Now pure ess is up to like 120 each. I made 150k I could make like 34M. Kick me please.

Also before the mask rise, I sold my red for 8Mil. Now 20Mil. Kick me again!

*kicks biabf twice*

i sold my santa for like 280k ess, and i thought omg how am i gonna sell all this now. that was two days before the pure ess update. now, the night before the pure ess update im still playing at midnight trying to sell those 280k for a santa back or even a mask coz selling all those i thought would take too long (it doesnt take that long if you sell it cheap though.. )

then i gave up and went to bed. lol the next morning im like omg they changed ess just whn i had 280k in bank and i thought they were like uber cheap now. i come back home after school and theyre 40each. sold all my ess and i was so happy i made 3.4M profit in two days on my santa. now they are 100 each i couldve made almost 20M+ :(:( kick me!

same thing with the masks, i almost got scammed my blue mask with this dam edge scam which i did not know at the time. i had 4 items and no pray left, dropped my glory to save mask lol. then i just didnt wanna see the mask again and sold it right away. guess what.. 2 days later, RS2 mass ban, another 2 days after the ban masks were up almost double the prices. :( kick me again!

Wow, That scam was tried on me about 6 times today

4 while alching in edge on my pure and twice while standing there with my main

each time i just went with a dds supper potted and a couple sharks

almost killed one on my pure ( 58 str) :oops: lmao

Masterpsion.gif

Just after the P hat dupe in RSC, I had a mask set and Someone offered to buy it for 4 Half wines. I declined

Next day I see people buying Half wines 20M ea... (Mask sets were only worth 2M back then)

Wow... that obviously never happened then...

1) Masks were not worth 1,000,000gp each until way after RS2's release.

2) Half-Wines were worthless on RS1. You could still make them.

Were you even around on RS1?

Prices in rsc for masks blue 600k red 500-550k green 300-400k.

So about 1.4-1.8m for a mask set.

And as for your theory on half wines..

Jagex stopped you being able to drink hjalf a pitcher of wine LONG before rs2 came out, go try it on rsc right now..

Back 3 years ago when I was playing I managed to have a few santas (150k ea) and masks (like 300-450 k ea) and i ended up just giving them away to a friend when I semi-retired........when I came back and saw the price rise, I literally cried :(

Rsn: Scootenhaben

Combat: 82 ::: Skill Total: 1238

Current Goals: 71/80 Fletching, 51/50 Construction

When I was hanging out on the varrock wall waiting for a friend some level 108 came and logged out a bit of a ways beside me. A little while later I see a purple p hat on the ground I run for it and a level 3 logs in grabs it and logs.

So Close " I Hate Drop Trades"