Which new characters can you type?

Lode

I think the characters that you can type in RS depend on your keyboard. Here's a screenshot of the ones that I can type:

newrschars2ur.png

But I can't type some characters that other people can, like ÃÆÃâÃâöÃÆÃâÃâüÃÆÃâÃâóÃÆÃâÃâñÃÆÃâÃâäÃÆÃâÃâë, even though I can type them on this forum.

Also, since the dawn of Runescape, I was never able to type the [ character, while I can type the ] character. Even with this update, I still can't type [.

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

ÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¾ and ÃÆÃââââ‰â¬Å help finns a lot :D

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

ÃÆÃâÃâÃÂ¥ÃÆÃâÃâäÃÆÃâÃâö !"#%&/()=? @@ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã$ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì{[]}\,.- ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâùÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâîÃÆÃâÃâíÃÆÃâÃâó works :P

test.gif

Hey, I can't write portuguese very well! For example, i can't write the word "ÃÆÃâÃâã", because when I do it appears like this "~a". I can't put the "~" above the "a". Strange... And accents as well, when I write something it appears with the accent before the word. I wrote the word "ÃÆÃâÃâárvore", it appeared "ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôarvore". Maybe this is happening because Jagex didn't complete the update yet. :lol:

(Oh, for the ones who can't speak portuguese, "ÃÆÃâÃâárvore" means "tree")

Every path you have trod, through wilderness and through war, has led to this road...

(Oh, for the ones who can't speak portuguese, "ÃÆÃâÃâárvore" means "tree")

I could guess that without knowing portuguese, tree contains something like "arbor" in many languages :)

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

ÃÆÃâÃâæ ÃÆÃâÃâø ÃÆÃâÃâÃÂ¥

ÃÆÃââââ¬Ã  ÃÆÃâÃâ¹Ãâ ÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¦

letters4na.png

Best/latest drop list:

Rune: 18th of june 2006 [scimmy]

Other: 6th of June 2006 [3 half keys, T]

26th of june 2006 [yellow mystic hat]

untitled6kv7.gif

How can you do those o.o

You gotta have a foreign qwerty keyboard

Ya, I do think you need a foreign keyboard. The alt codes don't work on RS.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

I can type all accented characters from French, German (except the ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¸), Finnish, Spanish (except the ÃÆÃâÃâñ, ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâÿ and ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâá) and Italian.

As stated above, I tried Alt0191 for the ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâÿ (Spanish reverse question mark) but it did not work. I have the French Canadian keyboard layout installed. I could use the ÃÆÃâÃâñ and stuff if I changed layouts, but I'd be really mixed up trying to write French accents as well.

But now I may type "̮̤̉̉a va?" (how's it going?, in French) and many other such messages :D

vaporeon-sig.png

ÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¾ and ÃÆÃââââ‰â¬Å help finns a lot :D
estoinians to, lol

and germans.. don't forget the ÃÆÃâÃâü

ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¸?

"ich wollte ich wÃÆÃâÃâäre ein spatzengehirn ich lieÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¸e es hÃÆÃâÃâüpfen flattern und flirrn ich lieÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¸e es plustern spreizen und wachsen lieÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¸e es schnÃÆÃâÃâäbeln ..."

^ first result from Google for lieÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¸e. to be honest, I don't understand what it is; I just know "ich liebe es" is McDonald's slogan "i'm lovin it", translated into German.

but it serves to demonstrate what that character is ;)

vaporeon-sig.png

My name's been censored... It comes out like "**Nmidget448"... :cry: I hope they dont bann me for bad name picking... Good thing I recently made an account which i told all of my friends of :D

Back on topic... well.... i mean on other news... I can say "awww.." and "^.^" and "/////////////////////"...

< > ^ / and some other characters were blocked because they are used in HTML and URL's and whatnot (well, except the ^)

I expect those to be blocked in some time from now. Again, except the ^.

" :\ ", an emoticon, was blocked at some time too when there was a specific word before it (I can only suppose that was to avoid hackers telling people to run programs on "C:\Windows" or something.)

But yeah, I expect many improvements to the current chat system. :D

vaporeon-sig.png

I wonder if there is a keyboard emulator for foreign keyboards. (like the on-screen keyboard, only foreign)

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Surprised that so many people on tip.it can speak different languages. BTW, why do you have foreign keyboards while playing runescape?

Currently:whacking noobs with rubber chicken

F2p and 52 prayer :-P

^^^^ Awesome Video ^^^^

"ich wollte ich wÃÆÃâÃâäre ein spatzengehirn ich lieÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¸e es hÃÆÃâÃâüpfen flattern und flirrn ich lieÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¸e es plustern spreizen und wachsen lieÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¸e es schnÃÆÃâÃâäbeln ..."

^ first result from Google for lieÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¸e. to be honest, I don't understand what it is; I just know "ich liebe es" is McDonald's slogan "i'm lovin it", translated into German.

but it serves to demonstrate what that character is ;)

liebe isn't lieÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¸e

ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¸ is the equivalent of a double s in english.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

Surprised that so many people on tip.it can speak different languages. BTW, why do you have foreign keyboards while playing runescape?

What kind of question is that? Most people in Belgium use an azerty keyboard so that's what's attached to my PC and so that's what I play RS with, duh.