two simple mining changes - RS2

ixfd64

I'd like two simple changes to add to RS2.

There are two problems with mining that were introduced when RS2 came out.

1. You can't auto-drop ores anymore, making powermining harder. True, you can drop as you wait for the ore to respawn, but your hands will get tired soon.

2. Only one person can mine the same rock at once. If one person mines the ore, other people won't get the ore, even if they click at similar times.

Solutions: 1) auto-dropping ores 2) make it so that 2 people can mine the rock at the same time, like on RSC.

(I think, like RSC, RS2 uses a system called PID, or player ID. Each player is assigned a PID upon logging in. The lower their PID, the faster the server responds to them. This is why low PIDs were favored by RSC PKers. This also explains why powerminers several levels lower than you can beat you to the ore just about every time, even though you have a good connection and good reflexes.)

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

No to auto-drop. Jagex got rid of that for a reason...well, two reasons; it was meant as an anti-autoer device and JAgex doesn't like powerminers (or powerfishers, or powercutters or power(insert skill)ers), so they will never make it easier for powerskilling.

The other suggestion is a good one, and has been suggested in various forms many many times (which should tell JAgex how important a feature it is to add!). It would definitely make the Mining Guild better by eliminating the fierce competitiveness of that area.

--Darg--

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Erm, they removed the auto-drop because it was an aid to macro's, I don't mind the update to much, I mean, you can make decent money from mining, so a little difficultness isn't that much to ask.

Secondly, unless they have recently changed it, you CAN mine with more people and more people getting the ore. It happened to me quite frequently when I'm mining. This was offcourse in RS2 :)

This also explains why powerminers several levels lower than you can beat you to the ore just about every time, even though you have a good connection and good reflexes.)

unless i'm mistaken, mining speed is not affected at all by mining lvl, only by the type of pickaxe that you use.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

no, first off its like skill macroer breeding ground

no, they did that for a reason, not fair if someone also has auto programs now is it? get rock every time. Also, theres not point in raising mining except to mine other stuff really, it wouldn't matter how high ur lvl is, it'd matter how good of a clicker u were...

I say no to both suggestions. Auto dropping isn't necessary. I reached 85 mining by mining and dropping over 50k iron ores, no complaints. I just worked hard.

Mining the same rock as it is, is indeed annoying if your connection is slower for example, or when people follow you around in the mining guild.

This idea would increase the number of higher ores in the game though. There are over 9000 people who can mine runite. If for example, 1000 of them went mining together, forgetting organisation issues, but they wouldn't be pked, and 1000 rune ores would come into the game from every rock. Yep, 12mil gp of stuff every minute or so. And don't bother flaming me about this, its purely hypothetical and not gonna happen, I'm just illustrating my point.

runemsanta,ishepp.gif

89/99 farming

I say no to both suggestions. Auto dropping isn't necessary. I reached 85 mining by mining and dropping over 50k iron ores, no complaints. I just worked hard.

Mining the same rock as it is, is indeed annoying if your connection is slower for example, or when people follow you around in the mining guild.

This idea would increase the number of higher ores in the game though. There are over 9000 people who can mine runite. If for example, 1000 of them went mining together, forgetting organisation issues, but they wouldn't be pked, and 1000 rune ores would come into the game from every rock. Yep, 12mil gp of stuff every minute or so. And don't bother flaming me about this, its purely hypothetical and not gonna happen, I'm just illustrating my point.

I agree with you on no for both suggestions, the first one would make it too easy, so the lazymen will dominate the mines and the second one shouldnt be implemented either because its just not right that 2 people get ore from 1 rock when hitting it simultanously.

But the last thing you are saying, how would 1000 people ever get a rune ore at the same time, rune isn't quite like iron you know, at most 10 people will get a rune rock I think.

conplaatje3vl9.png

Again, not too many people mine rune. And when mining rune in the Wilderness, you can always kill off your competitors... hopefully.

=P

I agree with the second suggestion. If there are single combat zones, then...

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

This also explains why powerminers several levels lower than you can beat you to the ore just about every time, even though you have a good connection and good reflexes.)

unless i'm mistaken, mining speed is not affected at all by mining lvl, only by the type of pickaxe that you use.

you're mistaken :)

sigcopyzj5.jpg